SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671
Default Free trip

The trip we were putting together for Matt pohler young man from Shriner tx has been post poned a lil while he is currently undergoing a stem cell transplant and will be at md Anderson for the next 100 days. We wish may good luck and send our prayers out to him and his family. As soon as he is up and moving around we will resume his trip as planned. So with that said Id like to go ahead w another trip before may b4 we get real busy.. Every one post up some names and reasons and well choose the winner in 4 days. The day of the trip there will be free crawfish and beer at the camp for any1 who wants to come out and show some support.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

My wife......

Reason is simple.......poor thing is married to me!!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,195

My son has a friend from North Dakota that is in Houston hoping for a double lung transplant. He has cystic fibrosis, the young man is 10 years old and loves the outdoors. He told me the other day that if he gets his transplant he wants to take me duck hunting back home. Great kid, bad situation.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
My son has a friend from North Dakota that is in Houston hoping for a double lung transplant. He has cystic fibrosis, the young man is 10 years old and loves the outdoors. He told me the other day that if he gets his transplant he wants to take me duck hunting back home. Great kid, bad situation.

That sounds like a worthy candidate right there. Cystic fibrosis is a terrible disease. Get that little man out on the Lake.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Redfish

Cash: 888

if he is waiting for the Transplant and on the list, he can't be more than an hour from the Hospital. When that pager goes off, he has 1hour to get to the hospital and get prepped fo surgery. Might be a great candidate for after the transplant
Old 03-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,461

Awesome thing you doing Jared, I will definitely show up for beer and support if I am off.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Good thing your doing J...
Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc272 View Post
if he is waiting for the Transplant and on the list, he can't be more than an hour from the Hospital. When that pager goes off, he has 1hour to get to the hospital and get prepped fo surgery. Might be a great candidate for after the transplant
They gave him a two hour window and will allow for three if they know in advance that he will be out of town. Agreed he may be better for after his procedure. He has had two false alarms so far. Two weekends ago his family said goodbye to him and left him for surgery only to find out 30 minutes later the lungs were not going to be a good fit after all. It is an emotional roller coaster for them. My wife and I had them over last weekend for dinner. He is in fourth grade just like my oldest son, his lungs are only operating at 25 percent right now.

He has a younger brother that is a year older than my youngest son and they were all jumping on the trampoline last weekend when they had to go get the older son because he got to excited and couldn't breath.

That was when I realized what a real ***** I am. I scream at my kids when they don't make every play on the baseball and football field, make them spend two hours a day practicing and here is a kid that can't even jump on a trampoline.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Really I would give almost anything to see this kid get these lungs and it work out long term. The kid is amazing he is really at peace with his situation. His dad told me the other day that Garth Brook "The Dance" came on and he said dad the dance is exactly like my situation. He said I am glad to have lived such a great life even if it ends up being cut short.

Hurts to even type this......
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
really i would give almost anything to see this kid get these lungs and it work out long term. The kid is amazing he is really at peace with his situation. His dad told me the other day that garth brook "the dance" came on and he said dad the dance is exactly like my situation. He said i am glad to have lived such a great life even if it ends up being cut short.

man if this doesn't make you emotional you have no heart.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

yeah thats sad, I remember growing up I had a friend that died from this disease at a real young age.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Really I would give almost anything to see this kid get these lungs and it work out long term. The kid is amazing he is really at peace with his situation. His dad told me the other day that Garth Brook "The Dance" came on and he said dad the dance is exactly like my situation. He said I am glad to have lived such a great life even if it ends up being cut short.

That will get a dad choked up!!!
Makes us appreciate the health of our children.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:

Man, that'll tug at your heart. I teared up reading this.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

If I am off work, I will be there.
Just be sure to give me a couple weeks notice so I can get the money to you in case I am working.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Jared,

The little boy sounds like he would be a great candidate if he can get healthy.

If he does not work out, let me know. I have a few Soldiers that have come back from Afghanistan that love the outdoors. I am sure one of them would be greatful for a trip.

Dan
Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

I couldn't choose just one so picked 2... Miss Jaycee 16 yr old out of Texas has cystic fibrosis and David lindgren of sulphur la former marine and now battling stomach cancer
Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Jared,
God bless you for giving back like this, David is one of the most inspirational guys ive ever met. If my faith and strength could be half as powerful as his I'd be more than satisfied.
Here's a story KPLC did on David recently if anyone wants to check it out

http://www.kplctv.com/story/20496575...ighting-cancer
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
I couldn't choose just one so picked 2... Miss Jaycee 16 yr old out of Texas has cystic fibrosis and David lindgren of sulphur la former marine and now battling stomach cancer
This is awesome Jared. Post up the dates when you get it all planned out and if I'm off I'll be there to help out with whatever you need.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,170

Jared that is a great thing you are doing, I would like to donate fuel for both trips