SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Redfish

Cash: 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Im with Top Dawg on this. I dont see the big deal you guys have with keepin the big'uns. I would have kept all of the ones that you guys mentioned letting go. I have no desire to mount one either. Thats just me.

To each his own but the main reason I would think to release a bigun is to give it a chance to get even bigger...maybe grow to be a record or samtin...u can catch plenty of smaller ones to eat
Old 08-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Each to their own you caught it, if yiur always catchn Big hawgs every trip tell me what your boat looks like so I can potlick ya...lol..got plenty in the fridge and not a 30" yet.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

4+ I let go, mainly due to the fact I prefer 12inch trout to eat. No point in keeping a 4+ unless she swallowed it deep.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Im with Top Dawg on this. I dont see the big deal you guys have with keepin the big'uns. I would have kept all of the ones that you guys mentioned letting go. I have no desire to mount one either. Thats just me.

If its made it that far to get to the 4 pound range, why not let it go. It survived every tom **** and harry pilgrim trying to get it to eat there dead skrimp.

my point of view.
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
Each to their own you caught it, if yiur always catchn Big hawgs every trip tell me what your boat looks like so I can potlick ya...lol..got plenty in the fridge and not a 30" yet.

I'm far from catchin hawgs every trip.....biggest so far was a 6....but ya more than welcome to come potlick can't promise you i'll be of any help! haha...red and white ranger
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Potlik stulb he always slangs da big ones.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu-tfrancois View Post
To each his own but the main reason I would think to release a bigun is to give it a chance to get even bigger...maybe grow to be a record or samtin...u can catch plenty of smaller ones to eat

thats exactly how i think! Don't really care to eat them and hate cleaning them! And if it was up to me every fish would go back, but my Dad HATES throwing back fish. He wants to invite 5 ppl everytime we go to big lake cuz he's afraid he'll have to throw a fish back. One stingy mofo right there. 4 freezers at the house.. all full of fish, plus many family members freezers full too. I try to give as much as I can away, I have to clean the damn things most of the time
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
thats exactly how i think! Don't really care to eat them and hate cleaning them! And if it was up to me every fish would go back, but my Dad HATES throwing back fish. He wants to invite 5 ppl everytime we go to big lake cuz he's afraid he'll have to throw a fish back. One stingy mofo right there. 4 freezers at the house.. all full of fish, plus many family members freezers full too. I try to give as much as I can away, I have to clean the damn things most of the time
haha...I don't mind cleanin trout...jus cut the stomach out b4 u fillet and its way easier...but reds suck!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post

knowing your dad makes this funny as hell
Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstulb View Post
4+ I let go, mainly due to the fact I prefer 12inch trout to eat. No point in keeping a 4+ unless she swallowed it deep.
x2
Old 08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Not sayin that you guys dont have your reasons. Its just that for a little while there it was startin to sound like there was something wrong with the people who didnt throw them back. I dont get to go often, so as long as its legal its usually coming back with me. I go to put fish in the freezer.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
you ate a 9.5??? have you gone mental? story please...
Well that was when I was fishin ALOT. I was catchin several fish in the 5-8lb range. This was before "life" started. I brought the 9.5 home and my dad said "you need to mount dat thing!". I told him when I hit double digits I will put one on the wall. Well then life started Full time job part time fish and they lowered the limit and less big fish being caught and crowed lake full of texans and pilgrims. . But I will say I didn't catch the big ones in the lake.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Well that was when I was fishin ALOT. I was catchin several fish in the 5-8lb range. This was before "life" started. I brought the 9.5 home and my dad said "you need to mount dat thing!". I told him when I hit double digits I will put one on the wall. Well then life started Full time job part time fish and they lowered the limit and less big fish being caught and crowed lake full of texans and pilgrims. . But I will say I didn't catch the big ones in the lake.
oh man i feel your pain on the LIFE issue.... I thought once i got a job i could fund my trips more and soo on... wife and kid came into play and the fishing vanished for about 2 years. just now able to get back into it.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Not sayin that you guys dont have your reasons. Its just that for a little while there it was startin to sound like there was something wrong with the people who didnt throw them back. I dont get to go often, so as long as its legal its usually coming back with me. I go to put fish in the freezer.

nothin wrong wit dat!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

4+ goes back in the water after a few measurements.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I let go 90% of my trout over 4lbs go...unless its really hooked bad or hurt.....I like 12inch keepers....
100% agree with Jeremy. Unless they are hooked bad, they swim.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Most people who say they keep them all... Big ones also..don't really catch big trout or enough to under stand...I respect them just to know I might get that 10lber one day...I'm not concerned with eggs are reproduction...we have Millions of trout for that.....I want a chance at her 3 years from now...the more let go, the better my chance
Old 08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Got my 8+ on the wall not from BL by the way...now everything under 10 gets slung in the boat straight to the chest and right to the knife....haha
Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Just joking 6 and up go back...ill mount anything 8+ I'm saving up for my stringer lol
Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Lake P fisherman...keep what ever hits the deck