SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Eek Interesting.........HUMMMM

Just got off the phone with my buddy who is attorney in Baton Rouge. He told me that he had accepted 10 Commercial fisherman claim on Lawsuits against BP.......
He told all the clients that it would be a real simple process
All he needed was there Tax Returns for the last 5 years and list of expenses

Out of the 10.......7 decided not to file suit and the other 3 said they would hold off for now..........

Any reason for this???
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Just got off the phone with my buddy who is attorney in Baton Rouge. He told me that he had accepted 10 Commercial fisherman claim on Lawsuits against BP.......

Out of the 10.......7 decided not to file suit and the other 3 said they would hold off for now..........

Any reason for this???
Ain't we done been through this?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:

Any reason for this???

They don't work for NASA?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Redfish

Cash: 669

so you trying to say that if you were a commerical fisherman and work for 75% cash you would be the only honest guy and give all your money to the government. Man what is the deal w/ you i've been reading all your crap and you really seem to hate these guys. Ya i know they have some bad ones but hell they are bads
one everywhere. I guarantee if you were in ther shoes you would be crayin like a worm !!!! so lay off these guy's !!!!! and also you seem to be for this oil spill all you try to do is down paly it !!! WAKE UP AND RELIZE IT IS BAD SO STOP SUGAR COATING EVERYTHING !!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:04 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:

Any reason for this???
To avoid paying taxes..... Barbers, Bartenders, Waiters, Lawn Service, Pole dancers, Marina Operators, Fishing Guides, and numerous other professions all do this so ****.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

i wish i could hide 75% of my income!

big deal so i wouldn't be able to sue bp one day.... big flippin deal!!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Remember he is a CPA, IRS agent, marine biologist, attorney, astronaut and fishing guide. BTW, he also claims more than he makes come tax time because he is so honest.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
so you trying to say that if you were a commerical fisherman and work for 75% cash you would be the only honest guy and give all your money to the government. Man what is the deal w/ you i've been reading all your crap and you really seem to hate these guys. Ya i know they have some bad ones but hell they are bads
one everywhere. I guarantee if you were in ther shoes you would be crayin like a worm !!!! so lay off these guy's !!!!! and also you seem to be for this oil spill all you try to do is down paly it !!! WAKE UP AND RELIZE IT IS BAD SO STOP SUGAR COATING EVERYTHING !!
This is not about Oil or Just Commercial Fisherman

You’re saying it’s alright to cheat?
You’re saying it’s alright to hide your profit?
You’re saying it’s alright to cheat
Teachers
Police
Parish workers
State workers
FBI
Fire Fighters
And their families out of money?? Is this OK?

You’re saying if a fisherman makes $100,000 cash profit he should only show $10,000 and pocket the rest?
But If I made $100,000 I can only pocket $60,000??
This is what you’re saying right???

You’re telling me it’s alright to sue BP because this small section off gulf water is the only place Shirmp, Oyster, crabs and fish live? You’re telling me no other place holds these things????

No one wanted this oil......No one wants hurricanes......This is the price we pay living off the Gulf of Mexico....... Hurricanes hurt the oil and the oil hurts the fisherman.......It’s our life’s.......
The worst part is the 11 who lost there lives!!!

My Great uncle had two shrimp boats in Cameron for Hurricane Audrey....lost one and saved one........ Cameron was gone....Nothing left and shrimping was his only income.......

He traveled to Morgan City and Shirmped out of there for 6 months to survive...Was it easy>>NO....Was it where he wanted to be....NO...... Hard times and he knew crying and B...... Would only slow him down.....
I don’t have a soft heart when you have not done everything possible 1st

BP is hiring them.......They don’t want to work...Fine Travel...When you can not possibly find any resources to make a living off the coast or habitat....then come crying.....

Talked with a guy who sponsors this site....He is in the Artificial bait business.....Its slow.....So he jumps in his truck and goes to FL,MS,AL,Carolinas and Texas.......

HE told me the same kind of thing.....When I cant sale a plastic bait in any of the lower or eastern States I will shut the doors.......

This stuff happens for a reason.......Maybe more will start being honest with there income, now that it’s has back fired on them

Ask the Icon Crawfish Farmers....... If I have to pay Taxes then you and every working America needs to pay taxes......

So if I’m wrong than prove this above WRONG TO ME
Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Where did you copy that from. Because the spelling is wayyyyyyyyy too good
Old 05-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
BP is hiring them.......They don’t want to work...Fine Travel...When you can not possibly find any resources to make a living off the coast or habitat....then come crying.....

Talked with a guy who sponsors this site....He is in the Artificial bait business.....Its slow.....So he jumps in his truck and goes to FL,MS,AL,Carolinas and Texas.......

HE told me the same kind of thing.....When I cant sale a plastic bait in any of the lower or eastern States I will shut the doors.......

This stuff happens for a reason.......Maybe more will start being honest with there income, now that it’s has back fired on them

Ask the Icon Crawfish Farmers....... If I have to pay Taxes then you and every working America needs to pay taxes......

So if I’m wrong than prove this above WRONG TO ME

Well from my understanding, to work on the clean up crews you have to sign a waiver not to take legal action against BP. I cannot confirm this.
Second, you may as well get used to people knocking the oilfield (media, enviromentalist, shrimpers, etc) Hell we deserve some ribbing for this accident.

Bringing the tax evasion thing into this, your opening a big can of worms. One thing is for sure, as everyone tries to jump on the camels back eventually the camel will die. No free lunch.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
Well from my understanding, to work on the clean up crews you have to sign a waiver not to take legal action against BP. I cannot confirm this.
Second, you may as well get used to people knocking the oilfield (media, enviromentalist, shrimpers, etc) Hell we deserve some ribbing for this accident.

Bringing the tax evasion thing into this, your opening a big can of worms. One thing is for sure, as everyone tries to jump on the camels back eventually the camel will die. No free lunch.
I heard you have to sign a wavier also.....Don’t know how true it is but its money you can earn.....
The fact is you can hide income all your life but when a disaster like this happens all you here is IM GOING BROKE.....IM LOSING MONEY......I CANT MAKE IT......But your taxes forms show only small income margins????

If I did not show my income I would have at least 4 months Income in savings….
Every working American should have at least Two months income put away!!
It’s not hard you just have to give up a few things…..

When I was in my accident I had 3 ½ months income in my savings………You pay yourself 1st……

I’m sure a lot will be learned from this!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Ol W like you never ever cheated the system, come on man I KNOW BETTER so lay low bro
I show all my Income.......I can’t hide it......... I pay all year to only get back maybe if LUCKY 1 or 2 % of the 30 back.........

My Point is if you’re cheating the system don’t come crying help me......It goes for all who do it
Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

If you are not cheatin you are not trying.........
Old 05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Popcorn please
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
Popcorn please
Your forgot the large coke and pack of Skittles....
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 652

Quote:
Popcorn please

Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellPepperHead View Post
Thank ya thank ya very much. Lol
Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Popcorn please
Attached Images
File Type: jpg willie_nelson.jpg (45.0 KB, 321 views)
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

this is the reason i had the I T dept. put a second monitor on my computer!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650
Default Not the case for my guys

Some of our Team guys pay their taxes but they get to write off ALOT like boat depreciation and some of the boat note (only because they consider it as a epuipment tool) some gas, baits, some of their truck maitness and a few other things. But they make between 90 and 120 a year and claim it all. When I asked them why they didn't "Cheat" like the other ones they said what makes since. They need to be able to show income to buy boats every year and to live on. Nothing wrong with being honest and the way their CPA has them set up they really dont pay that much.