SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

My little brother hunted with Chapman before on my parents property for duck season end of 2010- beginning of 2011. They don't hunt together anymore is all I am going to say, I have had no dealings with the guy personally.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Man I was with Eric Rue's crew earlier this year and they were SPONGING out the blind that morning......we did not kill a limit, far from it, but I'll be sure to get back with them.
The blind was spotless, the guy was neurotic about the cover and made no excuses.

It was a great hunt.

That is what you expect period, nothing less.
I have had horrible guided hunts. If fact I have NEVER killed a limit WITH a guide! LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Default Response

I'm WASN'T asking for anyone to FEEL SORRY FOR ME. I"M A BIG BOY!!! I PAID OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART. IT WAS OBVIOUS THE YOUNG MAN NEEDED THE MONEY........

I was JUST FYI-ing EVERYONE....... AS a FORMER GUIDE! IF ANYONE WASN'T happy with my services, YOU'RE COMING BACK FOR FREEEEE !! PERIOD!!!! OR HALF PRICE.

RULE #1: If your trying to build a BUSINESS , YOU DON'T LIE TO PEOPLE!!!

RULE #2: As for as GUIDING is concerned: If you're trying to build your client base up. YOU BRING YOUR CLIENTS TO A BLIND THAT IS WELL BUSHED & CLEAN AND DRY INSIDE.

I always offered bottled water, and snacks to my customers. NO EXTRA CHARGE. MY BLIND FLOOR WAS SWEEP AFTER EVERY HUNT. PERIOD.

YOU COULD COME IN CHURCH CLOTHES IN MY BLIND. and WE KILLED.

OH yes I know some of you are guides. It's EXPENSIVE TO HUNT PERIOD.

I USED TO SPEND EASILY 7-8 K during duck and goose season for me personnally. I don't hunt as much as I'd like to NOW. BOTH MY SONS ARE GROWN, and don't hunt as much BECAUSE THEY HAVE WIFES TO ANSWER TOO.

Placing and working a 1500 snow, blue, and speck decoy spread was work. Years ago I had friends, and my sons and there friends to help work the spread.

My sunken blind was well bushed EVERYDAY. Especially if I had clients. EVERYTHING( SHELLS, BOTTLES, SHEEL BOXES) was PICKED UP.

I was raised by an awesome dad, who died when I was 10. But he taught me to leave OTHER PEOPLES LAND, SPOT, Blind ETC. Better than you found it.

If you where invited to someone camp. I was raised to always offer help and WORK FOR MY INVITATION. AS in just get up and start to wash dishes, sweep or mop floor before we leave after the hunt. Put out the trash. Help or offer to cut bush?? ETC ETC. Just to name a few examples...

I'm not thumping my chest and patting myself on the back by any means. IF I WAS? WHY on earth would I post this.

I asked that everyone just snicker under there breath and not give me ANY GRIEF.

I didn't or don't want anybody else to be taken.

Thanks

Gunner
Old 01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Gunner thanks for posting about your encounter,and for making others aware of the situation. We are here to help each other out .

As a guide I would have never taken a customer to a blind in that condition .I will say I dont always pick up my hulls after each hunt and I dont consider that a deal breaker. The blind full of water and no brush is a different story .

Once again I will say thanks for bringing this guy and his operation to light for everyone.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Man I was with Eric Rue's crew earlier this year and they were SPONGING out the blind that morning......we did not kill a limit, far from it, but I'll be sure to get back with them.
The blind was spotless, the guy was neurotic about the cover and made no excuses.

It was a great hunt.

That is what you expect period, nothing less.
I have had horrible guided hunts. If fact I have NEVER killed a limit WITH a guide! LOL
I have heard nothing but good things about his outfit. If someone asks me about a duck hunt or a duck/goose hunt combo, I refer them to him. Never met the guy and I wouldn't know him if I was standing right next to him, but I heard he runs a great service and I know he has a lot of good blinds
Old 01-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

He didnt bring his gun because he isnt allowed to have a gun...that boy is crazy, he doesnt need the money his daddy got enough..He got in trouble with the law a while back for shooting a CO2 bb pistol into the Iota high school parking lot after a football game..I think he is only about 17-18 years old..That boy was sitting on a gold mine when his dad got him that blind. They did kill plenty birds on the first teal split but then nothing after that..He doesnt have enough "cents" to run a guide service. When I first met him I thought he was a pretty cool cat but after being around him enough Ive learned what kind of person he really is..Could have saved you the trouble if you would have asked about it before you went!!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I have heard nothing but good things about his outfit. If someone asks me about a duck hunt or a duck/goose hunt combo, I refer them to him. Never met the guy and I wouldn't know him if I was standing right next to him, but I heard he runs a great service and I know he has a lot of good blinds
The difference is Eric rue hunts are around $600 dollars, this hunt was $150. You don't buy a Kia and then complain when it doesn't drive like a Ferrari...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Does the fact that he's young play a role in yall disliking the guy.... Just curious..
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460
Slimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Does the fact that he's young play a role in yall disliking the guy.... Just curious..
I have no idea who he is and I hate him cuz he's young!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I have no idea who he is and I hate him cuz he's young!
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

LmAo.... I just looked at his Facebook..... I know his dad real well....Kevin Chapman...he works for Apache... Want me to text him and tell em his sons lazy....
Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

dang W you don't hold any punches do ya, ha
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

His dad has to know..with all the trouble hes gotten into!! I sold a boat to Kevin, he wasnt he most polite person you will have meet..(to put it nicely)
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I have know Kevin for about 10 years.... He will start calling me when the fishing gets good again....
Old 01-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Redfish

Cash: 781

I meet bret though a friend I don't know the guy.he asked me to guide for him b4 the frist split I said yea (that was a mistake)he called me one saterday nite bout 9:30pm asken me if I could guide for him I said yea. Brought these three guys to a blind I never hunted or been to got there early so I could set decoys and brush the blind.got to the blind it was two blinds side by side and looked like a cow watering troff the fraken blind was flooded and bare.no spec decoys like he said was
there .any way we hunted did see but one teal came in and guy shot it that was only duck around. Hunted till around 9 nothing. The guys were so mad cause bret told them there been limiting out every day. I didn't have a clue never hunted there. I felt so bad that dude lied straight up to them people,and me.I just can't get over how people got to lie to get business . O and I still to this day never got paid.but the guys gay me a 30$ tip cause they new it wasnt me.1st and last with him .
Old 01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Karma is a b*tch
Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Flounder

Cash: 684

Thanks for the heads up. There's no excuse...period...for somebody to treat a paying customer like that.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Flounder

Cash: 688
Default Gunner

G man-I thought that was you reading your post. Sorry to hear about the experience. Season has been a little different this year for us, got bumped from lease in marsh. Season has been OK. Call and we may be able to get in a goose hunt. I won't charge as much LOL. Keep in touch. Damian