SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003
Default Sabine law breakers

For the jacka$$es who are running there boats in the marsh, the wardens were in the back writing tickets last saturday and said they would be back. I am so glad. Because those of us who follow the rules and paddle in pirogues do not feel like getting run over and killed. Also, the ones running the slowest boats in the world with no running lights, you will likely get run over. How hard is it to put working nav lights on a boat?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

HA! I've heard sabine bad a's talk how they don't care about runnining in the marsh...they just pay the ticket!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

That place is a nightmare in the mornings...

It's like a running of the bulls. It's a mad dash to get their in the morning, launch your boat, beat everyone to your spot, and beat the traffic on the ride back.

There were several people that would use duck tape/ellectrical tape to mount flashlights, shining upwards, to the poles on the running lights just so they can say they have running lights (not safe nor legal by any means).

Always had good hunts back in there, but that type of hunting will wear you out QUICK!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA1125 View Post
Always had good hunts back in there, but that type of hunting will wear you out QUICK!
I wonder which year in the past 20 was best out there? I hunted it a lot years ago.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

I haven't hunted there in a few years but before that we hunted just about every Saturday and Sunday from 97'-04' and never had a problem getting our limits.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

We used to just park the boat on the canal and walk the rest of the way, but that was in my younger days. We never had a problem getting our limits.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

We also almost hit some jack-a running a surface drive with no running lights thanksgiving morning. And weds morn someone was up on plane in the marsh! Some people don't need to own boats much less guns! I also heard someone flipped their boat in the canal last wednsday morn. Don't know if it's true or not?????
Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabite View Post
. And weds morn someone was up on plane in the marsh!
This is my biggest beef. Several boats doing this in the back and they will one day run over the people like me who follow the rules and paddle their pirogues into the marsh.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA1125 View Post
I haven't hunted there in a few years but before that we hunted just about every Saturday and Sunday from 97'-04' and never had a problem getting our limits.
My first year was '94. I remember hunting small freshwater ponds with cat tail & lillies. There was some wild rice growing in that area. We shot a lot of greenheads & pintail, ringnecks, and teal. Had some saltwater intrusion several years later, more grey ducks showed up & hunting went downhill.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I know the guys that flipped their boat, Well my buddy does anyway. My buddy scoped aerials and told the kids where to go. They went out there blind to the area really. Here goes the story.

They are young kids from Iota, 3-4 people in a 15' boat. One fat body. They are at the first come off plane spot where the bridge is. Fat body is up front. They come off plane too quick and fat body and 1 or 2 more go up front. The boat takes on a bunch of water and flips on its side. 2 had floating shotgun cases, the others did not. Everything in the water. Some people come by and help them get the boat right side up. 2 of them are already wet and decide to push swim the boat back to launch. The others stay in the boat and try to bail.

I would guess they never go back. You really have to be careful when you go to Sabine. You absolutely have to know how to operate a boat and motor if you are going to run those canals early in the morning. Must have running lights and must not overload your boat. It is easy to get capsized due to other boats passing and throwing a wake. I think anyone that decides to put a launch a boat early in the morning must have been to Sabine a few times just to see what it is like. It is a miracle that no one has been killed yet back there.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: 763

my son was with the party that stopped and helped them....
Old 12-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Feesherman Maybe you should just hunt the front and let the bigboys hunt the back!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:26 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickembickham View Post
Feesherman Maybe you should just hunt the front and let the bigboys hunt the back!!

And maybe you should be so lucky to hit one of T posts and sink your boat in the marsh!!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 655

U can push pole a boat in if the motor is up right
Old 12-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I've got a feeling it is going to be the running of the bulls in the marsh this weekend with that 20 mph North wind. The motors will'a be a runnin!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

You might want to think about getting that pirouge of yours some running lights!!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartez30 View Post
U can push pole a boat in if the motor is up right
or trolling motor/walk it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickembickham View Post
You might want to think about getting that pirouge of yours some running lights!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 611

Long story short is that the game wardens were called to those guys that was running in the back. The were using big motors all the way to their hole. The wardens showed up when the hunt was over and checked them. All legal and told them that he noticed that they have no push pole and hopes they could make it back to landing by cut off time. The guys pushed boat out for like 3 hours. They barely made it while wardens watched. Said they hurt for 3 days.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

ha!!! wow i know that sucked badddd!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Flounder

Cash: 557

So yall would rather everybody that hunts back there hunt within 500 yards of each other?? I know that nobody is goin to push pole more than that back in the marsh. can you imagine 10 groups of ppl hunting within 500 yards of eachother? It already hard enough to work duck with all the idiots back there sky busting anything that flies over them. If you dont run back in the marsh you end up huntin 200 yrds from somebody right inside the cuts.