SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734
Default Woman pulls gun on driver after road rage incident

Woman pulls gun on driver after road rage incident

Walker, LA (WALKER POLICE DEPARTMENT) - What apparently began as a road rage incident resulted in the arrest of a Walker woman for aggravated assault, according to Walker Police Captain John Sharp. Rachel Ferguson, 35, of Walker was arrested on July 31st and charged in connection with the July 27, 2015 incident.
Officers were called to a restaurant parking lot in the 28400 block of Walker South Road in reference to a road rage incident. When officers arrived, the complainant said a white or silver SUV pulled up beside his vehicle and began arguing with him about his alleged reckless driving on Milton Lane, south of I-12. Before the female driver of the SUV left the scene, she pulled out a black pistol.
The complainant told Walker Police that he had been unable to get the license plate number of the SUV as it left the parking lot but told Police he thought the vehicle was a Toyota. In addition, one of the passengers in the complainant’s vehicle was able to provide Police with some helpful evidence.
"As the complainant and occupants of his vehicle were interviewed by our Officers, one of the occupants reported that she had been able to record a portion of the confrontation using her cell phone," said Captain Sharp. "From the recording, our Officers were able to see the female driver brandishing a black handgun."
Following the incident, photographs were made from the cell phone video and were posted on social media sites. Within a short period of time, Walker Police began receiving calls from people who had seen the photographs.
"As information began coming in, a lady stopped at the Police Department, said that she had seen the photographs on social media, and identified the female driver in the photographs as Rachel Ferguson," said Walker Lieutenant Chris Dufour. "Once we knew the suspect’s name, we obtained her photograph and verified with the complainant that Ms. Ferguson had been the driver of the SUV who brandished the weapon."
After verifying Ferguson as the suspect, Walker Police Detectives worked to locate the suspect.
"Using several law enforcement databases, we were able to determine that Ms. Ferguson resided on Buddy Ellis Road," Lt. Dufour stated. "We then drove to her residence and found a Toyota Highlander SUV parked at the residence that matched the description of the SUV driven by the suspect that was provided to us by the complainant."
Walker Police determined that the SUV was registered to Ferguson’s fiance. Detectives spoke with her fiance by telephone and arrangements were made for he and Ferguson to meet with Walker Detectives to discuss the incident.
"Ms. Ferguson appeared as agreed and we discussed the incident," said Lt. Dufour. "After providing us with her side of the story, Ms. Ferguson admitted to brandishing the firearm, at which point she was placed under arrest."
"Ms. Ferguson was booked into the Livingston Parish Detention Center on one count of Aggravated Assault with a Firearm," said Captain Sharp. "Aggravated Assault is a felony charge, punishable by a fine of up to $10,000.00 or a term of imprisonment not to exceed ten years, with or without hard labor, or both." Ferguson’s bond was set at $10,000. She was released on bond on July 31st.

Last edited by marty f; 08-05-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

that's what happens when idiots have guns, I do want everyone who wants one to have a gun but only if they aren't idiots and act appropriately with them.

why people think guns are to be used to scare people or as a status symbol amazes me and shows they were never properly trained to handle them.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I have been around guns and shot them and hunt many times a year for about 60 years...... but have a question about this situation.

This write-up does not say "exactly" what the women did with the gun to get arrested.

So my question is: If a person [in a similar situation] had a gun and just picked up the gun .... not pointing the gun at the other person.... to show the other person that they had a gun, would this be against the law?
Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have been around guns and shot them and hunt many times a year for about 60 years...... but have a question about this situation.

This write-up does not say "exactly" what the women did with the gun to get arrested.

So my question is: If a person [in a similar situation] had a gun and just picked up the gun .... not pointing the gun at the other person.... to show the other person that they had a gun, would this be against the law?

Yes.

Brandishing a weapon is against the law.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

if you look at the picture above, I cant tell if it was resting of the door but the gun "is" in plain view being pointed at the direction of who she is looking at "but granted not in an aimed manner" so if the gun had went off by accident (or stupidity) then someone might have been shot
Old 08-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Yes.

BINGO!

Now if you and I are buds and I show you my gun, and you show me yours, no but Im not going to do that in a parking lot either.

If Im in a conflict and I wanna show you how bad I am and show you my heater, in a parking lot, YES that's against the law, which it seems shes doing, showing her bad self

IDIOT!!, that's a good way to get her self shot by a law abiding citizen feeling threatened and the need to protect them self
Old 08-05-2015, 12:20 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default now

she is lucky she didn't get shot, it's sad though if the person she pulled the gun on would have shot her he would have been arrested
Old 08-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Anyone else see the irony in this? Someone driving crazy, so she confronts them even crazier.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Yes.

There is no brandishing law in Louisiana, hence the aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge.

It has to do with intent.... Obviously her intent was to intimidate the other driver with the firearm which is considered assault. Assault is defined in RS 14:36 as "an attempt to commit a battery, or the intentional placing of another in reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery." The firearm made it a felony. I'd be willing to bet the guy in the car with her is the one that handed her the gun.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

So if I'm riding in my truck and a fella rolls up on me with a baseball bat and tries to gank me. I pull out my piece and point it center mass, he turns and runs and I don't shoot. I can get arrested?
Old 08-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Anything is possible, but more than likely the guy with the bat is getting arrested on that one.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
So if I'm riding in my truck and a fella rolls up on me with a baseball bat and tries to gank me. I pull out my piece and point it center mass, he turns and runs and I don't shoot. I can get arrested?
I'm pretty sure it's conditional. This woman followed these kids to a parking lot and confronted them, from what I read on WAFB.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post

I would think that falls under self defense
Old 08-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Never follow someone anywhere. If they are driving like idiots report the license plate # to state police and carry on. Remove yourself from the situation. As previously stated she is damn lucky she didn't get shot herself.
Letting someone know you have a gun in order to remove a threat is one thing but the "im a badazz with a gun" mentality will get you hurt or arrested. A neighbor found that out a few years back. I got a hand shake from the deputy instead of handcuffs. He was also informed how lucky he was he didn't take one more step and cross my ditch.