SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326
Default White Lake

Anyone fished White Lake recently???? May make a trip in the near future...
Old 06-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

seems like its not on yet in white lake but im sure the catfish wud be around there for sure. caught some nice big ole cats near the rocks which is out in the lake on the south side if coming from the boat launch in old intercoastal canal. try mullets or shrimp. they prefer live mullets but shrimp can be either live or dead shrimps.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 673

Went to Grand Lake Saturday. Limited on reds. Slow but steady. Should get really good in the new few weeks.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
Went to Grand Lake Saturday. Limited on reds. Slow but steady. Should get really good in the new few weeks.
Is the water clearing up out there? Last couple years around august till the first big cold front the water has been super clear,see bottom in 3-4 foot. Awesome to chunk a rattle trap and watch reds chase em down and smack em.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 626

how is it fishing from the bank in white lake? me and a buddy have been looking into buying a boat in the near future but for now we are stuck on the banks..any suggestions?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebbay View Post
how is it fishing from the bank in white lake? me and a buddy have been looking into buying a boat in the near future but for now we are stuck on the banks..any suggestions?

mostly catfish is what u wud catch if u fish off the bank at the boat launch at old intercoastal canal. also under the bridge. to be honest with ya its best to go out there by boat if u wanna catch redfish and other fish that cud be out there. but if u wanna go furher down like to mermentau river u will do better over there but gotta watch the tide aint a good time to fish when u got a low tide going out too fast. gotta be there before the tide starts to move.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Sand Trout

Thanks. So mermentau is good for reds?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingonewild View Post
mostly catfish is what u wud catch if u fish off the bank at the boat launch at old intercoastal canal. also under the bridge. to be honest with ya its best to go out there by boat if u wanna catch redfish and other fish that cud be out there. but if u wanna go furher down like to mermentau river u will do better over there but gotta watch the tide aint a good time to fish when u got a low tide going out too fast. gotta be there before the tide starts to move.
Mermentau worth the 90 minute drive in your opinion? For bank fishing that is.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

If I would be going somewhere by land I'd start at Joseph's harbor and if nothing else then go to mermentau. Of course at both spots set out crab lines. In Joseph's harbor right when you enter on the right there's a nookice duck off to the right and there's a drain there with plenty of bait. I've caught many reds right there. Trot sometimes as well not many though
Old 07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
If I would be going somewhere by land I'd start at Joseph's harbor and if nothing else then go to mermentau. Of course at both spots set out crab lines. In Joseph's harbor right when you enter on the right there's a nookice duck off to the right and there's a drain there with plenty of bait. I've caught many reds right there. Trot sometimes as well not many though
Last time I was there it was all closed. The only place we were able to fish was right off the side of the main hwy by launch.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

It's been a long time since I been there. High tide mermentau should produce some fish my buddy has a camp in grand chenier and they catch reds there sometimes. It's hit and miss but when it's on it's on.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeuhboss View Post
Last time I was there it was all closed. The only place we were able to fish was right off the side of the main hwy by launch.

yes ur right its closed off i passed by it saturday and seen a few people fishing right by the hwy at st.josph habor. i have fished it before and do catch a few but not any big keepers maybe one or two. but at mementau river there is more areas to fish off the bank just gotta drive around and picka spot before or after crossing the bridge. usually school of reds wud be all around that bridge but its all abt the tide cux of strong current and getting stuck on bottom easy due to reefs and trashpiles under water. sometimes the reds wud be stacked up at the boat launch when the tide is right. had a buddy of mine tha went fishing at mementau river saturday just past and he was fishing the bridge. caught him some reds and a black tip shark i seen it and it was around 3 to 4 foot long. there another place in delcambre but its hit and miss bank fishing is kinda hard around here some people get to go to good spots if they have camps or know someone who owns a camp next to the water. but it never hurts to explore and try out different spots who knows wha u can catch.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Thanks. So mermentau is good for reds?

yes its good for reds, drums, flat fish, very few times wud hit on some specks but tha doesnt happen too often. mostly reds wud be around all over the area. in the fall the bull reds comes in further up from the gulf and man good action happens there once ur line go off screaming. i have caught alot of reds there good sizes and bull reds bigger than u expect. like i said it gotta be before the low tide cux once it starts falling it drops fast. when high tide comes in wud catch a few but i think falling tide makes it all worth the while.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
yes ur right its closed off i passed by it saturday and seen a few people fishing right by the hwy at st.josph habor. i have fished it before and do catch a few but not any big keepers maybe one or two. but at mementau river there is more areas to fish off the bank just gotta drive around and picka spot before or after crossing the bridge. usually school of reds wud be all around that bridge but its all abt the tide cux of strong current and getting stuck on bottom easy due to reefs and trashpiles under water. sometimes the reds wud be stacked up at the boat launch when the tide is right. had a buddy of mine tha went fishing at mementau river saturday just past and he was fishing the bridge. caught him some reds and a black tip shark i seen it and it was around 3 to 4 foot long. there another place in delcambre but its hit and miss bank fishing is kinda hard around here some people get to go to good spots if they have camps or know someone who owns a camp next to the water. but it never hurts to explore and try out different spots who knows wha u can catch.
Nice. What's the best for reds out there? Shrimp?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:

so i'm guessing its a good idea to stay off the bottom in that area? or have you had success on the bottom but its just a pain due to the hang-ups?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
so i'm guessing its a good idea to stay off the bottom in that area? or have you had success on the bottom but its just a pain due to the hang-ups?
That power pro bawwwww, I pull up da pilings!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeuhboss View Post
That power pro bawwwww, I pull up da pilings!!!

The rod breaks before the power pro baww!!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeuhboss View Post
nice. What's the best for reds out there? Shrimp?

shrimps attracts hardtops but if u use mullets or crab or pogie u better off with those baits instead.... But try shrimp if u wanna cux reds do go for it but will they get to it before the hardtop do??
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Tripletail

Also just use jig heads like 3/4 or heavier or weights tha is round like dome in.... U will prolly get hung but if u got tough line just shake it off sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesnt. But alot of hooks and weight in case.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Tripletail

Where can I pick up some mullet or pogies around laffy?