SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

That's good to hear Jordan. Just be upfront and sincere about the issues. A good Chief will walk through Hell to help his men out.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Bro hugs , more hugs, and big hugs. All I can or say.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Thanks rat dog
Old 04-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Flounder

Cash: 612

Things to remember, 100% of combat vets, 100% of police offices and 100% of firefighters, 100% of EMS have or will have PTSD if they do the job long enough. Please do not look at yourself as different you are not alone. You do a very stressful job that can and will trigger issues. Get help . PTSD is real and with the right help you can lead a normal fulfilling life. Learn your triggers and you copping methods and stick to them. And as ever please call 33-309-6280 if you need to talk and cannot reach anyone else. Guys this goes for anyone one. I will talk with all Vets, EMS, FF, PO ect.. While not a professional I have had training and will never judge and can relate. I have been a PO, EMS and an Combat Vet. Jordan I hope you days and nights get better.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,323

Jordan, send me your cell number and expect a couple of phone calls.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Jordan, I sent Jude a number that can help immediately over the phone. As someone who dealt with more things than a human should have to, you reaching out is the hardest part - and that part is over. Some help is coming over the phone, and we have more if needed. Back when I started in EMS (1987) all we had was each other and you basically, tucked everything away and moved on. Things are different now, as they should be, and help is available. I am very fortunate to have a wife that sees things, as well as a department that has resources. Never knew how much they meant until recently when we had to activate all of our help following one particular weekend.

It works and we are all better from it. Get with Jude, and PM me if you need further.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Can't offer too much help but just wanted to let you know that I'll keep you in my prayers
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Jordan welcome to the dark side unfortunately. I spent 16yrs in the fire service and one of those was as a combat firefighter in Iraq. I know first had exactly where you are and where you are headed without help. Believe me there is a light at the end of the tunnel , I know because I was once there . You should probably walk away from the fire service until you get through this ,then rethink if its for you or not . PTSD happens to even the best of us at some time or another ,some is sooner some later. Luckily you have realized the need for help and are seeking it now. I will do what I can for you ,you know how to reach me . You are not alone .
Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Great White

Thanks all. Please hold all calls until 1700 or later if possible. I have a few people to meet with this evening. Things are looking up. That "alone" feeling isn't so real now.... Thanks again guys !!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

This site. Yeah, this is why I'm still on this site! Kudos to every single one of you that putting that hand out to help.

Jordan, I wish you all the best. That's all I can really offer you on this. It sounds like you're in good hands!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Great White

I know I have made some enemies and a few are lurking at it now. I will be making a public apology soon to some of the people I have hurt.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Jordan I know Louisiana has a CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) team that works across the state. Mr. Kenn Fontenot used to head this team up. I will see him at a class we are attending Thursday. I can get you in touch with him if you haven't found any local resources. We also have a CISM team here at the Lafayette Fire Dept. Send me a pm and if you need I can get you in touch with someone over here.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Jordan I know Louisiana has a CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) team that works across the state. Mr. Kenn Fontenot used to head this team up. I will see him at a class we are attending Thursday. I can get you in touch with him if you haven't found any local resources. We also have a CISM team here at the Lafayette Fire Dept. Send me a pm and if you need I can get you in touch with someone over here.
Thank you sir. I have alot of support at the moment and im going to talk with all I have right now. If I need more, I will get in touch with you.

Thank you again.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Not a prob at all. Anything to help a brother out!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

One more hug.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,323

Jordan, you should be getting 2 phone calls from people I talked to today. No matter if you think you got it handled locally, follow up with someone that is trained for this.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Great White

Just talked with my chief. Feeling a little better. I did what I could.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 479
Default Realization

Jordan, I hope you realize that you have taken a major first step. That being you realized you had some issues that needed to be addressed. I hope by way of the many supportive comments you received from members of SC and probaly even more from your family and friends you realize how much you mean to people and how much people want to hug you and say it will be O.K. Listen friend, IT WILL BE O.K.

After two tours of Gulf War I, I saw too many of my buddies try to deal with PTSD alone, thinking they could not tell some one about their thoughts, thinking they were weak, or "being a sissy". Well, those issue will effect you, and it is best you address it before it addresses you.

You did the right thing by addressing your feelings. Seek out professionals, keep your faith, and realize you have far more support than you can even imaged.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Jordan give me a call. I worked for acadian ambulance and the cornors office for a while. Now im a cop. Ive seen alot. I know how you feel. I still remember everything etc. Ive learn a few things that help me alot over the years

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2014, 06:30 AM
Flounder

Cash: 1,631

Jordan, God bless you man. You are on the right path. You have 1.) Recognized you have a problem and 2.) Are reaching out for help. I am an ER nurse and am confronted with death regularly. There have been a few cases throughout my 21 year career that have haunted me. Take care of yourself first brother. It always falls on us professionals to clean up these situations. Many lay people only see the professional game face, but when we clock out, those suppressed emotions can creep to the front. I thank you, society thanks you, and the families thank you for what you do. Get healthy man...life is so very much worth it.