SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Sounds like jealousy to me...I'm no tourney fisherman, but if I were live bait would DEFINATLEY be on my agenda. I have nothing against fisherman who use plastics, I throw them on occasion. Why get mad about it? Catching your own bait and keeping it alive takes much more skill and patience than going to Academy and picking up a bag of plastics.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Elite View Post
BAN LIVE BAIT FROM TROUT TOURNYS... THIS IS BS sorry it just burns me..
croker debate?
Attached Images
File Type: gif jerry.gif (2.0 KB, 90 views)
Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
Ok so Guys...Deff Should Be Banned From Tourneys...no doubt..i do try to throw artificial as often as i can when not deck handing or fishing with customers..mah captain charter captain that is has to make a livin too..and sometimes artificial just dont get the job done guys..i mean its easy for yall to scream no live bait when yall fish in a place like big like (arguably the greatest trophy lake in the country..) but just from a breton sound platform fishing fisherman...artificial dont always get it done..im no uscg charter captain (yet)..so i only deck hand charters on weekends to make a lil extra cash to pay for gas in the boat during the week...but i do know and see what its like tryin to make a livin in this bizz when there is know live bait..especially when fishing in such a place like The B sound where many situations artificial is not an option..some times its not just croaker soaking..more than often its a croaker free lined getting workked much like a hybrind or H&H...not tryin to cause arguments here but just tryin to make the point that just because you fish live dont mean ur less of a fisherman...

BTW The Biggest Trout Ive Ever Caught Was Caught On A Hybrid Flurry Tipped With Shrimp..haha wats that make me?
a potlicker! J/K DUDE WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THROW
Old 06-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

do croaker wars ever get anywhere?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 648
Default Hopefully

Hopefully this one will at least get two different divisions in tournaments!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

the only reason i care is cause some people seem to think people who do use live bait from time to time are less of fisherman..
Old 06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I dont see the STAR or any CCA events banning live bait because of the members!! CCA is for all fisherman....good and bad...
But I would love to see other events like we had this pass weekend ban live bait.....They said no wading but croaker soaking was good......JUST NOT RIGHT...
Well aren't tourneys for all fishermen good and bad?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador View Post
Sounds like jealousy to me...I'm no tourney fisherman, but if I were live bait would DEFINATLEY be on my agenda. I have nothing against fisherman who use plastics, I throw them on occasion. Why get mad about it? Catching your own bait and keeping it alive takes much more skill and patience than going to Academy and picking up a bag of plastics.

I know you didn't go there!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

Churn

any idiot can go out and bounce a sand eel.....
Old 06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
any idiot can go out and bounce a sand eel.....
Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador View Post
Catching your own bait and keeping it alive takes much more skill and patience than going to Academy and picking up a bag of plastics.
Wow what a skill. At least, since you don't have any fish catching skills, you can always make mullet/pogie gumbo out of the bait you skillfully caught when you don't catch fish.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Wow what a skill. At least, since you don't have any fish catching skills, you can always make mullet/pogie gumbo out of the bait you skillfully caught when you don't catch fish.
Haha...i don't have a care in my mind what anyone uses for bait to catch there fish. The two seperate tourney divisions sounds like a great idea! But believe me...I'm definatley not eating my bait; TROUT seem to LOVE it! Saturday Mornings catch....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6200311.jpg (98.0 KB, 74 views)
Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,559

I see a pretty decent sized trout in there...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Flounder

I see some 8" flounder too...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Pole View Post
I see some 8" flounder too...

I can't rag on that. I always keep a few small ones like that because my Mom loves to bake them in her toaster oven. She get's so excited when I bring her some little flounder like that.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

this goes down for the dumbest thread of the year! Who cares what people use to fish with.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
this goes down for the dumbest thread of the year! Who cares what people use to fish with.
I will say, I don't care what people use to fish with. It's the tournaments we are talking about. It's two totally different fishing methods. The trout masters tourny that came here a few years back did not allow live bait. I would like to see the Trout Shootout go the same way. Maybe start with two different divisions, live bait category and artificial category with more prize money going to artys. I would imagine more and more would start signing up for the artys due to more prize money and it could be phased out all together.

Disclaimer: This my opinion and my opinion only.

P.S. I don't think this thread is dumb.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
I don't care what anybody fishes with on there time!! I think when a tournament is hosted Live bait should not be allowed!!!
I hear this..."Well use live bait then"...NO...I would fell like im cheating my self if I fish live bait in a tournament....Its self respect I have!!! I'm on the water 175 days year and know how,where,what and when to fish!!! Then i pay $100 bucks to get bet by Joe Blow on his 3rd trip to the lake by soaking a croaker at the jetties!!!! There is no pride in that IM SORRY.....I have been fishing to long!!!

This my opinon and just how I see it!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
WE DONT ROLL LIVE BAIT.....NOT FOR MONEY....Their is NO SKILL in Soaking a Croaker on bottom.....Im No trophy trout king but I can say that I have never soaked a croaker or shrimp ........All my fish come off artifical
you can narrow your artificial down to 3 baits lol
Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I have never been in a tourney but was thinkin about tryin some this summer...after reading this they are not for me....the thought of live bait in a tourney never crossed my mind. I mean I have been known to croker soak every once in a while, especially in an area I don't know, but nothing is more satisfying than catching on artificial. I think of a tournament as a test of skill between a group of people and if you introduce live bait the only skill you need is being able to cast. So all these so called tournaments are really just large amounts of people betting against each other to see who can catch the biggest fish. Now if it is a fundraiser for a good cause such as the one Shad is trying to put together I'm in, but I think I will just stick to fishing for myself and leave these "tournaments" to you guys.