SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,811
Default IFA Redfish Tour Cocodrie Prefishing

Well this weekend was the season kick off tournament for the IFA Redfish Tour Louisiana div. I got down there on Wed and not knowing one sq ft of the area set out in search for the bronze bomber. Doing majority of my research through online mapping I created some way points and navigated to it. Started looking for fish 40 miles from the ramp because I know the fish would be less pressured. Well after working some spots with no luck, while I was running I seen this oyster bar exposed and made my way to it. Shortly after tails started to show and this guy was landed.

27 1/4" and 9.5lbs not the right size but a good start. I would rather weed through bigger fish and hope for a little one than catch little ones and hope for a bigger one. Well I pitched back into the same spot and wham another cookie cutter 27 1/4" red. I could see some adjacent creeks that led to this open water and decided to leave the fish alone and looked around for smaller prey. Shortly after getting on the trolling motor 26" fish started popping up. "Spot 1 marked"

I kept covering ground doing more looking than anything on the trolling motor, until I decided to call it a day. Day one total's
-6 reds all but 2 over slot

Day 2 Prefishing
Brandon my partner, came in from Florida Wed night and we set out searching again. Decided to make a trip to spot 1. We get on the trolling motor and the spot has no life. Winds have cranked up from the south and dirtied the water and tide was up. Spot 1 Deleted. So we went out looking around more and peeked our head into a little marsh and what do you know, tails galore. Made a few pitches and the fish were spooky. that is when one surface near the boat. A black drum. Dropped everything in front of him and he wanted no part of it until I picked up a spinner bait. Here he is:

Well since this spot didnt have the fish we were looking for we picked up and started to through a shrimping canal. As we eased around the corned we looked to the bank and seen this guy tailing from a far distance.

Day 3
We awoke to howling winds and weather turning for the worse. After prepping our rain gear we sat out again. Read the other IFA post to see my story with my buddy and dead battery.
The winds were cranking and it was hard to stay positioned everywhere even with a power pole. Shortly after anchoring Brandons rod bends and he brings in this guy.

The weather got worse and we decided to call it a day at 1330. We went back to the room and got the boat ready and ourselves ready for the Capt's meeting. Again read the previous post on what went on during the meeting.

Day 4. Well the tourney got canceled and postponed to Sunday. We decided to take the boat out of the water and launch out of Dulac. This ended up paying out as we boat over 50 fish with this stud being the biggest.

He ended up weighing 8.5lbs and measure just a 1/8" short of 27".
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 958

Sweet, that's one helluva report man!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

And thats how you post a report...Good job
Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

sounds like a great scout trip!! and a great report.
i fish that area alot and we have not been doing very well out of cocodrie the past few weeks!
good to see you found the reds.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 657

Great report.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 889

Best report I have ever seen .
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,811

Wow Thanks guys for the praise on the report. I hope to keep the reports coming. Tight lines.

St. Croix Rods Pro-Staff
http://www.stcroixrods.com/content/pro_staff_detail/512

Last edited by Pole_benda; 04-28-2010 at 07:13 PM.