SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Bull red fish requested

I had 3 guys that had fished inshore the day before and caught over 90 redfish. Today they wanted bull reds and some hard fighting action. We went to the sand bars looking for quality not quantity. The seas on the outside were bouncy but bearable. The bite was slow but soon we had a rod bending. Our first one was 38 inches.

The day before was rats and slot fish but today was going to be drag burners and shallow water runners.

We did this with a slow but steady enough pick to keep us there all morning.

On one of the drifts we hook up to a spooling fish I keep my 4000 drags a bit tight and they hold a full spool of braid so no worries or so I thought. I decided to start the big motor and retrieve some line. Here I am out on the flats chasing down a runner with a 250 Yamaha.

Once the spool looks a bit more comfortable I let him fight the fish. This stud is not wanting the boat at all. He is getting tired but I wish the fish would also. This fish ran the angler around the boat 3 times before we got it boat side. Do not ask me how much time we lost with this one fight but it was an epic battle. It was so much fun to watch that the other 2 guys quit fishing and enjoyed the fight.

The bite there slowed down just after noon with one 32 incher in the box so we went looking for a bit more meat to take home. I saw a water color break on a point and gave it a try. Our first fish we invite to dinner with us is a nice speck.

We got 2 more but that was it.

I run across the pond to get on the side that has us a bit protected. I am in 1.4 feet of water and we see a nice fish cruising the rozos.

A well placed cast gets the fishes attention. It turns, inhales the bait, and the fight is on. While he is fighting this fish one of the other guys hooks up to an 18 incher that is also invited to dine with us. We now have 2 reds in the box and 3 trout. This fight is also an epic battle due to the shallow water. We can see him running away and when it turns the water boils. There is a muddy water trail all over the place. Needless to say this trophy fish also went back to fight and breed again.

On our next place it was a meat haul with all quality fish coming in on almost every cast. I had to measure a few but only 2 went back. Most were 20-26 inches. We fished till the bite slowed and then before we left they just picked one each for a picture. This point held a good class of fish. These were typical of the fish we got.

We headed in about 3:00 with an outstanding trip under our belt.

A 3 man limit of reds, 3 bonus trout, and 3 guys that battled quality fish all day.

This was a trip dreams are made of. Always nice when a plan comes together.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: 776

Nice day for sure right there!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default fun

yeah that looks like a lot of fun right there, mathgeek would be proud, that jack crevelle is a fight fast and strong line stretchers