SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449
Default Indian Creek 3/11

Made a solo trip to IC yesterday. Im about to give up on that place. My third subpar trip this year. I caught 2 dinks and thats it. I go each time thinking the fish will have moved up on beds, but nothing. Water temp was around 66. If anyone fished yesterday and caught please let me know. Or if you didnt catch let me know so i dont feel so bad haha. That lake is really making me doubt myself
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

indian creek is good when its good and horrible when its not i spent alot of time up there.......during a certain time of the year the stripers start schooling. man you talk about fun. some of my best childhood memories are from there. find the points and fish those.....also over by the damn fish the bank to the south about 300yds from the damn. there is a point that goes all the way into the middle of the lake caught lots of fish there too all along that bank is good all the way into the next cove to the stumps....good luck
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
indian creek is good when its good and horrible when its not i spent alot of time up there.......during a certain time of the year the stripers start schooling. man you talk about fun. some of my best childhood memories are from there. find the points and fish those.....also over by the damn fish the bank to the south about 300yds from the damn. there is a point that goes all the way into the middle of the lake caught lots of fish there too all along that bank is good all the way into the next cove to the stumps....good luck
Thanks man, yea everytime i go its feast or famine. I was really trying to go up there alot and learn it this year. When you say the damn, is that the little spillway by that long levy?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 AM
King Mackeral

yeah when the levy stops and the woods begin going south there are several points you can't see but are there you will find them on the graph.....you will see some people in the middle of the lake fishing.......they are fishing that long point it goes way out in the lake.....i found it by accident one time when it was low and hit it on step. there is several down that bank. don't give up once you get the hang of that lake its fun. and you can't beat the camping area
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985

watermelon/blue lizards have been catching there. Fished carolina or texas.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
yeah when the levy stops and the woods begin going south there are several points you can't see but are there you will find them on the graph.....you will see some people in the middle of the lake fishing.......they are fishing that long point it goes way out in the lake.....i found it by accident one time when it was low and hit it on step. there is several down that bank. don't give up once you get the hang of that lake its fun. and you can't beat the camping area
Dang! i fished from the damn right up to that point and pulled out cause there was another boat on it and i didnt want to intrude. With the water temp in the mid 60's id figured they would be up on the bank. so i beat bank most of the day.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODBENDER View Post
watermelon/blue lizards have been catching there. Fished carolina or texas.
So the fish are still in prespawn i guess, i never thought about throwin a C-rig
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985
Brew Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
So the fish are still in prespawn i guess, i never thought about throwin a C-rig
Yeah, even try a carolina rig fluke in the same colors. The stumps have been producing nice catches when the sky in cloudy. Spinner baits and crank baits.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
King Mackeral

i haven't fished in a while because of work so i don't know what stage they at but when they get on the beds this will get you started
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
King Mackeral

wish i woulda posted up before i went, this info would have helped alot. Prolly be another week or 2 before i get back up there. Thanks guys
Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Mike,

You are a great person and a great fisherman.....never doubt yourself :-)