SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Pete kept a blind for a few years after he quit hunting, just to keep the rest of the younger Henry's out. He was not too fond of Jimbo's grandsons.
Yea I know. Some of them he liked and some he didnt care well you know
Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Pete kept a blind for a few years after he quit hunting, just to keep the rest of the younger Henry's out. He was not too fond of Jimbo's grandsons.

all i rember is they said no more out of family members was allowed to hunt out there anymore..so we dont hunt out there anymore lol
Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There was a few of the family that let people outside the family hunt their blinds while they were working.
It pisses off some of the family hunters that non family were hunting on family land.
I remember that from before Rita.
They could take people hunting with them, just couldn't let others go without a family member with them.
I hunted pooldoo after everyone finished hunting. I would ride down the shell road to the north that ran along the refuge line and get out and bust the rafted flocks of them black thangs.
I went with Pat, Pete's sister. We would clean them and give them to her uncle and another older guy that used to work for Pete when he owned the fuel dock. No one cared as long as I didn't shoot their ducks. When they cooked them, I was always invited. I love eating pot roasted pooldoo.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
There was a few of the family that let people outside the family hunt their blinds while they were working.
It pisses off some of the family hunters that non family were hunting on family land.
They could take people hunting with them, just couldn't let others go without a family member with them.
I hunted pooldoo after everyone finished hunting. I would ride down the shell road to the north that ran along the refuge line and get out and bust the rafted flocks of them black thangs.
I went with Pat, Pete's sister. We would clean them and give them to her uncle and another older guy that used to work for Pete when he owned the fuel dock. No one cared as long as I didn't shoot their ducks. When they cooked them, I was always invited. I love eating pot roasted pooldoo.
Alotta ppl think Pooldoo is some trash birds... But I like em. Ill shoot a pooldoo in a skinny minute. Pot roats, or on the pit. That monstrous gizzard is great for gumbos..
Old 08-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Yea she would have me and brother-in-law go shoot her some about 2to3 times a season. Pat was just as sweet as could be. I havent been down there but Im sure the big house is gone from the hurricane hu.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 984

I hunt in the Lacassine Refuge along the pipeline, and sometimes the Mermentau River. During teal season only, I get to hunt on a lease in the Miami Corporation.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
I hunt in the Lacassine Refuge along the pipeline, and sometimes the Mermentau River. During teal season only, I get to hunt on a lease in the Miami Corporation.

bunch of people hunted the pipeline last year...teal season is almost here~!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrutt View Post
Yea the corn is fun! The damn woodducks ar unbelievable like nats!! Around Christmas when the big groups of mallards start coming we flooded another couple of fresh fileds of corn and is murder! It's such a good time! Standing corn is the way to go. Even the timber when we flood the acorns it's crazy how the ducks get thru the trees.

The only bad thing is we do not get any teal or widgeon. Except during late dec-Jan we get the big purple head blue wings come in with the mallards. Very few though!

Good luck with everyone's season!
Are you absolutley sure you are hunting standing "Corn" ?
I do believe that in Louisiana it is illegal to hunt any migratory bird over "Bait" and if the grain has not been harvested it is considered Baiting!

NOT a Warden Regards
Old 08-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Little View Post
Are you absolutley sure you are hunting standing "Corn" ?
I do believe that in Louisiana it is illegal to hunt any migratory bird over "Bait" and if the grain has not been harvested it is considered Baiting!

NOT a Warden Regards

i thought the same thing! but im just a kid so i wasn't going to say that
Old 08-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

R little!

The laws on corn is you CAn hunt standing corn as long as its for farming. We have a form we grow corn and we can leave standing and flooded . As LONG AS you do not bush hog, run over or do anything else to its natural growing ability. Below is is one of our fields at the end of the year its not full and not much corn left but a little is still standing!

Basically its grows, it dies we, flood it. Many Many N La hunting lodges have corn. So simple so easy and mallards love it

Last edited by fullrutt; 08-08-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Yea she would have me and brother-in-law go shoot her some about 2to3 times a season. Pat was just as sweet as could be. I havent been down there but Im sure the big house is gone from the hurricane hu.
The big house is still there. Rita pushed it off the cement piers. But it is still there.
She works at the last dock down the jetty road and they built her a a sleeping quarters and kitchen so she would have a place to stay.
She works 24/7/365. Sleeps where she works.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 630

Last year was the first time I duck hunted in 4 or 5 years we used to have a lease off of Willow Tree canal, but lease prices got way too rediculous. Last year we made a few trips to The Wax and did pretty good could have done better if not for the people that were out their thinking their shotgun was a 50cal and sky blasting at birds flying over.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Is lacassine area public to hunt? There is a 25hp limit right?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
The big house is still there. Rita pushed it off the cement piers. But it is still there.
She works at the last dock down the jetty road and they built her a a sleeping quarters and kitchen so she would have a place to stay.
She works 24/7/365. Sleeps where she works.
next time Im down there I will have to say hello
Old 08-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by go fish View Post
thougtht i see where people hunt at? i usually hunt pointe a la hache but will be hunting in port suphur this year. anyone hunt port sulphur and how is it?

I really enjoy hunting at (insert your name here)'s place!!! It's very nice of him to invite me out there w/ him........I loves me some ducks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2112.jpg (95.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2113.jpg (94.6 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montak17 View Post
Is lacassine area public to hunt? There is a 25hp limit right?
not if you want to hunt you can use any motor..to FISH in the inpoundment you need 25 hp...(i think thats correct..)
Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I was reading on the DWLF website and it says that in the permitted hunting area its a no motor zone. Is this true,or is it just this area?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

you can't hunt in the fish impoundment i think only been a few times but i know there is a large area that is closed
Old 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525
Default Hunt the field

Been hunting the same lease since 1993. Field hunts are so easy. The blinds are just north of Welsh and we have plenty of birds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005-2006 077.jpg (103.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 2005-2006 084.jpg (102.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 2005-2006 082.jpg (103.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 2005-2006 108.jpg (100.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 2005-2006 101.jpg (86.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 08-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

we use to hunt just south of welsh when my grandpa had a lease out there. hunting was great