SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 634
Default Striper fishing in Toledo Bend...

Ok so now that I pick up my new (for me) boat tomorrow..any ideas/info on striper fishing at Toledo Bend? This has always intrigued me, but it's really difficult to find some information and/or someone who fishes these fish at the Bend.
I've got some brushpiles on TB and am usually somewhat successful with the crappie, but those doggone stripers have really given me a serious itch that needs to be scratched.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Use to fish for them down at the dam area of the bend, trolling deep diving crank baits with a white jig trailer...good spot is the cofferdam located in front of the dam, can't miss it with a depth finder.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,050

I have in the past caught strippers in the midlake area cypress bend area , formerly called beach bluff on louisiana side , and on north end of rebel ridge on texas sidewe would find them last week in april and have caught to end of may u don't hear of many being caught over 15 to 18 lbs , in 1980 - 1985 they were plenty being caught on toledo all in river channel seemed like in every bend of river u could catch on small bream, bronze carp and what we call toledo grubs watermellon with 3/8 jig head general depth 20 to 24 feet with river depth being 65 to 70 ft at pool stage of 172.00 the dam is also a good area as decribed earlyer but lived at the pryer twin island for 18 years i didn't need to travel off too the dam
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Flounder

Cash: 694

used to go to the damn when i was younger with my dad and tear them up... middle of summer when they were generating. 1 oz white bucktail jigs... i remember the water had to be moving... sorry cant give specifics, its been a while. i remember for a couple weeks one summer we caught our limit everytime we went and all over 6 lbs on them jigs.