SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022
Default Idiots pulling up next to you when you are fishing!!

I was fishing yesterday and everyone was spaced at certain breaks in the marsh grass fishing the runouts. When I mean spaced out atleast football field distances there was enough room for everyone to be at a runout. I was on some redfish on one side, little trout in middle, and bigger trout in the runout. Having lived in Lafourche Parish for a few years I never seen locals do this and knew they were from outside the area. Some true *****s from Baton Rouge were working the bank in a pretty little express and I heard the guy saying he didn't want to get close to the hole like I was. When they came by seeing I was on fish. They threw lures within 5 ft or less behind my boat one time hitting my boat. They then decided to anchor up right next to me in a small spot and start fishing. Sad part they even were scrambling around looking for the same bait I was using. You could tell they were new to fishing. Luckily I had my limit of trout and was going for finishing off on the redfish stacked inside the marsh. I was so pissed when I got my limit of reds I cranked my engine ran full throttle out of the hole and *****s were pissed I scared their fish.

Went to another spot down the lake and found another spot just like it and found the same size and type of fish. Funny I can put a pattern together.

Sad people cannot put their own pattern together to catch fish and depend on others like people on welfare to help put them on fish. Luckily I was in my 16 ft boat and not my 21 ft bass boat due to that wake on takeoff alot better.

Last edited by jlsch1; 11-24-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 879

I find that when I see people that are obviously not fimiliar with fishing etiquette and I can tell they are gonna come near I usually tell them pointers as to where to anchor or fish and sometimes evenn what I'm using and 9 times out of 10 they will give you your space and almost always anchor or fish exactly where you tell them. We all take for granted that others should have the same knowledge or abilities as us and that isn't always the case. As long as they don't run up on there big motor and they dont spook the fish I don't mind sharing spots. I've had people call me over to a spot that they were catching in and I've returned the favor as well. Its all part of being a sportsman.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic82 View Post
I find that when I see people that are obviously not fimiliar with fishing etiquette and I can tell they are gonna come near I usually tell them pointers as to where to anchor or fish and sometimes evenn what I'm using and 9 times out of 10 they will give you your space and almost always anchor or fish exactly where you tell them. We all take for granted that others should have the same knowledge or abilities as us and that isn't always the case. As long as they don't run up on there big motor and they dont spook the fish I don't mind sharing spots. I've had people call me over to a spot that they were catching in and I've returned the favor as well. Its all part of being a sportsman.
x 2...
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I feel ya.
yesterday we were fishing in a spot......(THAT NOBODY EVER FISHES) Never seen a boat there in my life fishing this area...

Were catching trout and a boat pulls up with popping corks whipping on big motor with no trolling motor....Pulls right up to us....

I troll over and said! Dude really Miles of water and your coming fish right here on me??

Guy says ! I always fish this spot!!

LMAO...I said yea right 1st you don't have a GPS 2nd you don't have a trolling motor and 3rd get the F out of here

Once I embarrassed him so much he left and headed to the weirs where he was going until he saw up all 3 hooked up
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

Dealt with that yesterday in my kayak. Bass boat with 4 people came trolling right up to the bank I was fishing. They saw me bustin bull reds on topwater and came right up and cast right over my top dog. Some people are just clueless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I feel ya.
yesterday we were fishing in a spot......(THAT NOBODY EVER FISHES) Never seen a boat there in my life fishing this area...

Were catching trout and a boat pulls up with popping corks whipping on big motor with no trolling motor....Pulls right up to us....

I troll over and said! Dude really Miles of water and your coming fish right here on me??

Guy says ! I always fish this spot!!

LMAO...I said yea right 1st you don't have a GPS 2nd you don't have a trolling motor and 3rd get the F out of here

Once I embarrassed him so much he left and headed to the weirs where he was going until he saw up all 3 hooked up
This is awesome!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

I was there with w, its the truth! Noone i mean noone around and they motor straight to us. Lol. Omg that guys face was priceless when w lit him up
Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
I was there with w, its the truth! Noone i mean noone around and they motor straight to us. Lol. Omg that guys face was priceless when w lit him up
We was on his spot...

Lmao.. That was priceless... He always fishes right there !!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Trophy Trout

I wish I would have said what W said that would have been funny.

This Abita Light Beer For You!

Last edited by jlsch1; 11-24-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
We was on his spot...

Lmao.. That was priceless... He always fishes right there !!
Lmao. I was in shock!!! That he said he always fished there. Ive passed this spot 1000 times and NEVER seen anyone near it. Lmao. Ifhe woulda stayed it woulda got alot better Lmao
Old 11-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 780

I been havin that problem and an ol man gave me a fix. now, when I see a few birds divin, I roll past and throw out a bunch of bread and crackers, every bird around comes to it, and also every boat. I wish I could see the look on their faces when they see a piece of bread float by...works almost every time
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic82 View Post
X100....well said....pay it forward and be a true sportsman.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Trophy Trout

I just don't have enough snoopy rods to help each loser out there.
Guess we need to rig their snoopy rod, put live bait on it since cannot fish, throw it out there, hook the fish, hand reel to them to bring in, and take fish off hook for them.

Seriously when someone throws a lure and hits your boat they don't deserve respect or my knowledge of where the fish. They have no respect for anyone they are trash.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck Attack View Post
X100....well said....pay it forward and be a true sportsman.
X101