SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Bounce Texan Help

have a question for the SALTY CAJUN TEXANS or anybody who has dealt with gun purchases/shipping from texas to louisiana, issue is i found a gun for sale but it is all the way in corpus christie and i am all the way in lafayette, have any of you guys ever shipped a gun to some one? what is the procedure for doing this?

any of you texans in the corpus area on the site planning a trip to sabine or big lake willing to help me out? or any louisianians planning a trip to corpus any time soon or maybe happen to be in that area now on your way home soon? of course i am willing to pay for your assistance
Old 02-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

get it shipped to an ffl dealer
Old 02-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]
Quote:
Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
Quote:
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
Any interstate transaction need to go through an FFL. Having someone pick up the gun and bring it to you would be considered a straw purchase. Have him ship it to an FFL here in town and pay the $25 fee or whatever it may be. I would suggest Acadiana Gunworks Better to be safe.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:40 PM
King Mackeral

Default thanks

thanks for your help, i just messaged DINK, i think he has an ffl and he is right up the road from me, i don't know anyone else on here that has one in this area, if he can't help me i will contact one of the gun shops around
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
thanks for your help, i just messaged DINK, i think he has an ffl and he is right up the road from me, i don't know anyone else on here that has one in this area, if he can't help me i will contact one of the gun shops around
Full Force Lush...That, he is!

He has a friend near him that is a real one(FFL) that is a neighbor, I believe.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 PM
King Mackeral

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Full Force Lush...That, he is!

He has a friend near him that is a real one(FFL) that is a neighbor, I believe.

hahahah

you were going to be next on my list but you are all the way in gonzales, but you may still be my go to if i can't find any 22wmr ammo in this area
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

yeap its a pretty simple process to have it shipped to an FFL...I hade one of my rifles built in OK and sent to an FFL near jennings.

Sent from an Apple Tree..
Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 PM
King Mackeral

Got it guys thanks for the help, i guess the texans didnt want no part of helping a cajun acquire another gun LOL
Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

just found this post. Been parading in n.o. only time I've ever had a gun shipped to me , I used u.s. mail. but it was from tx to tx.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM
King Mackeral

Default scam

well i jumped on a "good thing" to quick, the p o s is a scam, he almost got away with my money, luckily the bank was able to stop payment on the transaction, sure would like to get my hands on this p o s , i will have to keep looking for another gun!!