SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 08-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,335
Default Homemade Pizza and Local Honey

Pizza dough for homemade pizza last night for the Saints game and instead of the suggested sugar for the recipe I used some fresh homemade honey I picked up the other day from a beekeeper in Baton Rouge.

Support your local beekeeper and buy the honey those wonderful bees make!

If you would like to get some of the best honey around check out Labeeman's comment below!
I extracted my honey for the year and it is beautiful. It has a very nice color and the taste is out of this world. My bees are located in Baton Rouge and south of Plaquemine off of Hwy 1. It is in 1lb bottles and the cost is 5.00 per bottle. Check out the pics and you can see how nice it is. This is pure made in the USA honey. It's been filtered through a stainless filter and that is it. You can't get any thing fresher or more pure. You can text me at 225-978-2403 if you want to buy some. I can mail it but you have to pay for the shipping. I can also sell it in gallon containers but I do this as I sell it. I appreciate everyone that bought it last year and I look forward to doing more business this year.
Oh, and just to see how many a post like this reaches, tell him Cajunate sent you.

Support your local beekeeper and buy the honey those wonderful bees make![/font]
If you would like to get some of the best honey around check out Labeeman's comment below!
I extracted my honey for the year and it is beautiful. It has a very nice color and the taste is out of this world. My bees are located in Baton Rouge and south of Plaquemine off of Hwy 1. It is in 1lb bottles and the cost is 5.00 per bottle. Check out the pics and you can see how nice it is. This is pure made in the USA honey. It's been filtered through a stainless filter and that is it. You can't get any thing fresher or more pure. You can text me at 225-978-2403 if you want to buy some. I can mail it but you have to pay for the shipping. I can also sell it in gallon containers but I do this as I sell it. I appreciate everyone that bought it last year and I look forward to doing more business this year.
Oh, and just to see how many a post like this reaches, tell him Cajunate sent you.

Homemade Italian Sausage

No discription necessary!

Alright so here were the end results to last night's pizza making.
Beer was on ice!

The Bacon and Itallian Sausages Pizza

Crust was thin and crisp

Half Peperoni and Half Italian Sausage

I am not a great pizza maker but these were pretty darn good. The Keg was screaming hot but for some reason I couldn't get the edges of the crust to brown Like I usually do.
These pictures were taken before they were completely done.

Just warmed up a couple of slices left over and it's fantastic. I can taste a bit of the smoke from the lump charcoal like if it was from a wood fired oven.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Good lookin pizza right there. I love homemade pizza. I do mine on the grill; I throw a little applewood in there cause it gives it a nice smokey flavor.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Bacon sausage?! Where does one find such deliciousness? I'm a sucker for some Yuengling. Sadly I'm down to my last 12 pack from the several cases I bought back home from vacation this year.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

had a guy put a bee box ?? here........he handed me my first quart the other day.......love the stuff.......
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Bacon sausage?! Where does one find such deliciousness? I'm a sucker for some Yuengling. Sadly I'm down to my last 12 pack from the several cases I bought back home from vacation this year.
Lol..... Bacon sausage is from Wayne Jacobs Smokehouse on River Rd. in Laplace.
Restocked the outside fridge with Yuengling yesterday and put those you see in the picture on ice for a beer whenever I feel like one for the weekend. Just finished one!
When I'm in north Alabama in October I'll have to stop in the Sam's in Huntsville for four or five cases.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

brought home 3 cases of yuengling from orange beach. can't keep my buddies off of it