SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285
Default Last Weekend for the Ducks

Well looks like the duck season is about to come an end. We had an average year in Kaplan this year. As usual during the 1st split we mostly kill teal. On the ducky/overcast rice field days during the 2nd split we always killed 2-3 limits of ducks. All in all it was pretty good year plus we shot about 75 teal for teal season which was really bad for us compared to the past 2-3 years. Making last hunt in the AM and picking-up the deks! Good luck to all this weekend. Now it is time to fish!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525
Default Thanks ASR

Well, we will make our final hunt tommorow and put this horrible year behind us and chalk it up to a big expense lesson learned. Just wanted to say thanks ASR for all your help and advice earlier. Good luck with fishing...I will be right behind you if my boat still floats
Old 01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Great White

Well SAT was not too bad for our last hunt......3 GW teal and 2 Mallards. Picked-up all the decoys SAT.....Cannot wait til next year!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Cant wait for next year either, gotta find a lease first...then its time to hunt!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Cant wait for next year either, gotta find a lease first...then its time to hunt!
I am moving over to another rice field lease next year. Basically I already have it lined-up. I shared my current lease with 2 of my uncles. I am tired of one of my uncles letting one of his broke AZZ you know what bum friend always hunting our lease when we do not hunt!!!!!
The part that pisses me off the most is this uncle really does not hunt much so what he does he will call me and my other uncle to find out if we are hunting on a particular day and if we do not he gives his A-Hole buddy the green light to hunt....must be nice to hunt someones lease 2-3 times a week for FREE!! This dude does not even pick up his shot shells.....this is how we can tell he goes.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

We had 5 man limit b/w 2 blinds with a double banded scaup in the bag yesterday.Today we shot 9 teal 8 scaup and 1 bufflehead b/w 4 hunters. We had a good season down in PI. Including teal season killed over 600 ducks.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
We had 5 man limit b/w 2 blinds with a double banded scaup in the bag yesterday.Today we shot 9 teal 8 scaup and 1 bufflehead b/w 4 hunters. We had a good season down in PI. Including teal season killed over 600 ducks.
must be nice on the 600 hundred birds...had good hunts all weekend i should be posting a report for the weekend here in the next couple minutes when i load my pics, had computer problems all weekend but ready now.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Do ya'll eat those Scaups and Buffleheads????? If so, he do you cook them.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Do ya'll eat those Scaups and Buffleheads????? If so, he do you cook them.
My buddies wife browned the scaup in a gravy at camp the other night. They swear it was awesome. I wasn't there. I battered some breast and fried them once. They tasted fine. I haven't tried the buffleheads. We only killed 3 or 4 of them this year. The one yest was about the size of a dove.