SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988
Hairout Dog kennel

My lab has always hated being in his kennel and has managed to break out in many different ways, but he has taken it to whole nother level in the last two days!! first piture was from yesterday and the second is today.
He really chewed through the fence!!!!! and how he fit through that hole is beyond me!!!! any advice?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kennel.jpg (100.9 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg kennel1.jpg (81.7 KB, 230 views)
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

wow!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Flounder

Cash: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
My lab has always hated being in his kennel and has managed to break out in many different ways, but he has taken it to whole nother level in the last two days!! first piture was from yesterday and the second is today.
He really chewed through the fence!!!!! and how he fit through that hole is beyond me!!!! any advice?????
Put a hot wire around it. He will get the hint. Not talking about frying him, just a little tingle makes a big difference.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Wireless fence, my lab loves to go Visit everyone when I'm not home, have used them for several Labs, it's the ticket, just make sure you follow the directions on training him for it
Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

HAHA! Thats what my dog used to do. Couldnt keep her in there for nothing. She did everything except dig underneath it.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Flounder

Cash: 618

Another question is, is that black rubber mats he is on. That get way to hot to be on if it is.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Red Snapper

Looks like plastic pallets?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

I had one destroy a gate before, he was not the sharpest tool in the shed. Hotwire would be my suggestion and I would turn it up! This dog is probably very bored, spend more time with him and if possible put a radio close enough to the kennel for him to hear it. Talk radio should work, no rap, or heavy metal. Might also want to invest in a welded panel kennel ($300), tractor supply has them and they are far superior to the chain link you have.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I had one destroy a gate before, he was not the sharpest tool in the shed. Hotwire would be my suggestion and I would turn it up! This dog is probably very bored, spend more time with him and if possible put a radio close enough to the kennel for him to hear it. Talk radio should work, no rap, or heavy metal. Might also want to invest in a welded panel kennel ($300), tractor supply has them and they are far superior to the chain link you have.
He's only in there when i'm at work and he gets plenty of exercise everyday ...... maybe i'll turn the radio on for him!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunkersh View Post
Another question is, is that black rubber mats he is on. That get way to hot to be on if it is.

It's plastic pallets that i got courtesy of Wally world...... I was going to paint them, but he's always got shade and he's got a pool to cool off in!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,007

Either hot wire or take a day off and put a shock collar on him. Watch him from inside the house and every time he so much as touches the fence, you nail him. It won't take long.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Wireless fence, my lab loves to go Visit everyone when I'm not home, have used them for several Labs, it's the ticket, just make sure you follow the directions on training him for it
I have the wireless fence already just got the kennel to keep him from tearing everything up....... which he's broke out everyday this week and hasn't been chewing anything up..... so i may just let him stay out and see how he does...
Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
I have the wireless fence already just got the kennel to keep him from tearing everything up....... which he's broke out everyday this week and hasn't been chewing anything up..... so i may just let him stay out and see how he does...
Leave him balls & toys plus rawhide bones to keep him occupied....When they get bored is when they tear up stuff!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Red Snapper

Tore my kennel down. Keep her on a chain while i'm not home. She's good about being loose, just cant keep her from knocking over trash cans. She's terrible for that. Tried the shock collar but never does it while im around. Started locking my trash cans up so she would leave them alone, she just goes after the neighbor's cans then. Will eventully have to go with the wireless fence.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Tore my kennel down. Keep her on a chain while i'm not home. She's good about being loose, just cant keep her from knocking over trash cans. She's terrible for that. Tried the shock collar but never does it while im around. Started locking my trash cans up so she would leave them alone, she just goes after the neighbor's cans then. Will eventully have to go with the wireless fence.

I bought a wireless that, uses radio no wire to bury, works good till battery dies which is about every 2 months.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,510

Josh, just let Totsie have him for a couple of days. That should take care of any issues you are having. LOL

Sent from my EVO
Old 06-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Red Snapper

i was thinking about putting some hot sauce or something on the wire to light him up when starts knawing on it!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
i was thinking about putting some hot sauce or something on the wire to light him up when starts knawing on it!!!!
Why dont dont you give a lil tonys and a cold miller lite so he can really enjoy the fence lol
Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Why dont dont you give a lil tonys and a cold miller lite so he can really enjoy the fence lol

Yea i was thinking the hot sauce may give it a little flavor and he'll really be chomping down!!!!! he don't like beer to much though!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Your dogs name is Brees? I like