SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:47 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452
Default Blaming Government for Teacher and Scientist Failures in Integrity

The article, "Governmental policy is wrecking science," makes some interesting points but is fundamentally in error, because government policy is only a small part of the problem. Government is depending on scientists and teachers to police students and each other regarding scientific and academic integrity. To a harmful extent, scientists and teachers are failing to effectively carry out this trust.

Read More ...
Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

I see many of his opinions but only one link to back anythig up.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The article, "Governmental policy is wrecking science," makes some interesting points but is fundamentally in error, because government policy is only a small part of the problem. Government is depending on scientists and teachers to police students and each other regarding scientific and academic integrity. To a harmful extent, scientists and teachers are failing to effectively carry out this trust.

Read More ...
The government are the ones pushing hag junk science like global warming
Old 10-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
The government are the ones pushing hag junk science like global warming

Anyone arguing against global warming is just plain wrong. The Earth is warming, the argument is whether it's cyclical, man made, etc, and what if anything can be done to stop it without crippling economies, and putting us back in the dark ages.

As a disclaimer, I'm no tree hugger. I've been in the oil patch for 19 years.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:18 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfish View Post
Anyone arguing against global warming is just plain wrong. The Earth is warming, the argument is whether it's cyclical, man made, etc, and what if anything can be done to stop it without crippling economies, and putting us back in the dark ages.

As a disclaimer, I'm no tree hugger. I've been in the oil patch for 19 years.
When one says "global warming" one almost always refers to the typical environmentalist position of anthropogenic global warming with dire consequences if drastic actions are not quickly implemented. The academic question of whether the earth is in mild a warming cycle is not the issue at hand.

And so many of the models and predictions of the chicken littles have proven wrong that it is not inaccurate to portray global warming as a failed theory and its proponents as charlatans.

See:

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/to...acularly-wrong

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...cs-wrong-again

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/...global-warming

etc.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:40 AM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Sure, the earth is warming but how much man-kind is helping, not very much. These warming and cooling cycles have happened before. About 30,000 years ago, (before man arrived) the earth had a cooling trend and glaciers got as far south as St. Louis. What do you think dug out The Great Lakes? Then a warming trend took affect and the ice-cap melted & the Gulf of Mexico northern shore migrated to north of Dallas, Texas. How do I know all of this? I'm a retired geologist and have collected sea specimens north of Dallas.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewiseman View Post
Sure, the earth is warming but how much man-kind is helping, not very much. These warming and cooling cycles have happened before. About 30,000 years ago, (before man arrived) the earth had a cooling trend and glaciers got as far south as St. Louis. What do you think dug out The Great Lakes? Then a warming trend took affect and the ice-cap melted & the Gulf of Mexico northern shore migrated to north of Dallas, Texas. How do I know all of this? I'm a retired geologist and have collected sea specimens north of Dallas.

Good post. I remember while in mud school they showed us a film going back like 5 million years that ran for about two minutes showing they changes of where water used to be, dried out, got water again. Very educational, would love to find that again.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:28 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
I see many of his opinions but only one link to back anythig up.
There were three or four links in the original article. It has now been edited to include many more links for verification. See:

https://biblicaltheologyofscience.wo...-in-integrity/