SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649
Default 7-29-09 Big Lake

Well I went out with Gerald this morning. We met up with Ray @ the launch. Fished West cove & Gerald picked up a red. Another friend of mine who was with us caught a few hard heads. We went to the pogie plant & picked up a few more hard heads. Caught 1 small speck in the ship channel. Fished the Grand Bayou weirs & we all 3 lost a nice fish. Probably reds. The rain came in on us pretty quick & we got drenched on the way back to Calcasieu point. We saw some birds working by the launch & tried those as a last resort. Caught a **** load of lady fish & a few gaftop. Gerald caught a small sand trout but he threw it back. The water was really dirty all over the lake. The best water we saw was only about 1 ft. visibility @ the most.

Ray, did you ever find any fish?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Now that's more like it. That sounds like my kinda trip to Big Lake!

I thought I was the only one that had trips like that!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

After my first cast early this morning, I knew it was not going to be good......I caught a 14" Redfish. The water all over West Cove was bad....only 2" to 4" visability.

The ship channel had fairly good water.....6" to 10" visiability.....but muddy 10-15 yards away from the bank.

The winds were 10+ mph early and then 15 mph mid day. ~20 mph during the thunderstorm and the lake got fairly rough.

JN.....thank for the invitation to fish with you today. Next time, will be more catching.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Yea the marsh had white caps today lol
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I tried to call you about the weather, but no one answered. I called 4 times and left an message one time. I saw them birds to the NE of the launch, but the winds were close to 25 mph.
I caught 2 trout, one was 21 inches and the other was 24 inches on the south side of St. Johns Island at one of the camps that was wiped out by Rita. It was the first set of pilings going West after the first camp on the right. There are 2 of them that were wiped out. I fished both of them.
My wife and I just finished eating them. Grilled them on the pit.
I broke my second rod this week. First one was an All Star Rod, having issues getting it replaced. The second was a Calcutta. Walked into LCT and they told me to go get a new one. They didn't even ask for a receipt.
I also lost my sunglasses when early this morning, running down the ship channel just before daylight, I saw my bilge pump light come on. I looked back at the pump discharge and my glasses flew off the top of my hat. I need them to see close up, they have cheaters on them. It is hell to tie a lure without them. It's hard getting old. I fished without sunglasses, I will have to keep a spare pair of those and reading glasses on the boat from now on.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649

Well atleast we tried. The weather has got to get better sooner or later.