SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,628
Default Last minute trip

Guys. Friend just called and we are going to make an afternoon trip to BL. Probably land at Heberts. Thinking of going to the south part of the lake. I fished the ship channel Friday and only caught a redfish and some sheeps. Was not fishing live bait so I guess that could be the deal. I love fishing artificial too much I guess. I feel the need to throw my new Skitterwalk. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Chunk that skitterwalk till your arm is sore, south end of the lake is a good place to hit, keep your eyes open on the way to your spots looking for birds and shrimp busting the top of the water they have been schooling under some little groups of shrimp with no birds working on them but they have been having birds working in the afternoon at least that was the case 4 days ago im sure not much has changed. Good Luck
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,628

Salty, You are the man! Thanks for the tips. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Hope yall get on them, and if the water is clear throw an opening night color soft plastic. I have been using Mirrolure Lil John in opening night and the baby trout SW8 skitterwalk
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Chunk that skitterwalk till your arm is sore, south end of the lake is a good place to hit, keep your eyes open on the way to your spots looking for birds and shrimp busting the top of the water they have been schooling under some little groups of shrimp with no birds working on them but they have been having birds working in the afternoon at least that was the case 4 days ago im sure not much has changed. Good Luck

The fish/ shrimp can be anywhere...... near the south bank or 2+ miles out in the middle of the lake.

Just look for any action on the surface of the water that looks "unusual"......or to a fisherman, the "dinner bell". When you see an big schools of bait or a couple of seagulls sitting on the water....give them a try, fish should be in the area.

Have 2 rods ready.....one with topwater and one with a soft plastic.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,461

Same as salty said. Went yesterday and fished reefs for an hour with no bite. Running near old jetties and saw shrimp jumping. Stopped and chased them catching 30 trout in less than 30 min, all artificial. As wind picked up could no longer see the shrimp and fishing slowed down. Water looked good south.