SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669
Default Gun Range

Anyone familiar with the Eymard gun range on Hwy 3235 in Cut Off?

If so, I have some questions. How would you feel if your land boarded this gun range? If you couldn't go on this land again because of the fear of being shot, or hit by a ricochet? There are no side berms at all, no protection from stray or ricochet bullets. The only berm is 800yd away to the back of the range. Let me state that this range is not in a remote area at all. It's right off of Hwy 3235, there is the protection levee canal right behind his only berm that is fished my many many people, then the protection levee. Across the levee is all marsh that people fish and hunt. There are home's & businesses no more than 1/4 mile away that they say their windows rattle when these high powered rifles are being shot. Y'all may have read about this in other sites when the issue of recapping the levee came up about 2 years ago and the workers refused to work. And when people were fishing by Blue's pumps and the bullets were flying by. Yes, this is my familes land I'm talking about but there are others nearby that are scared to go on there land. It's useless to us, it's been in the family for 100 years. We used to always be there enjoying it. Fishing, flying kites, bbq, riding 4 wheelers, camping or just enjoying a nice afternoon. All this is gone. There is no one that will give us answers on how the hell can you just open up a gun range without any safety berms or any protection to the surrounding areas! Some say it's safe but I've invited each and everyone to go spend the afternoon back there with their family while these people are shooting rifles of all kinds and bullets flying all over. Not one single person has ever gone. From what we being told is that the parish just gave him permits with no questions asked. It's hard to get any info on this. I can ramble on for longer but I hope i've made my point. If anybody has any input about this please feel free to share or if anybody knows any rules and regulations or someone we can talk to please let me know on here or PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:17 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

The range has already withstood several lawsuits trying to shut them down. Since these lawsuits have been unsuccessful, I don't think additional efforts are likely to succeed.

A google search will bring up several articles with details on some of the history.

The burden of proof seems pretty high. "I don't feel safe" is not going to cut it. Odds are any successful legal move is going to require substantial new evidence or a new legal argument.

Do you have a few hundred thousand to spend?