SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Redfish

Cash: 969
Default Trash

I hit the beach/Deep Bayou area for some fishing and crabbing this past weekend. I took my buddy's kid up to Deep Bayou to catch some bait since the beach was sorely lacking in much of anything. While we were throwing the net, a police officer came up and told us that if we caught any trash in our net and left it on the side of the road, that we were littering, and would get a ticket. I'm a firm believer in leaving no trace behind, and in throwing away any trash that happens to come up in my net if that were to happen. What kind of took me aback was when he said "the locals don't like it when y'all throw the nets and leave trash behind". First off, that ain't me. I absolutely clean up after myself. Second, there is literally one place that I know of where you can dispose of bags of trash in Cameron Parish, and that is the dump just north of Holly Beach. And third, there were piles of trash tucked back where cars park to crab from the roadside. Old chicken containers, cans, broken bottles, and God knows what else. What is wrong with people? Clean up after yourself! I guess the main point here is that while I understand he was doing his job, I thought it was funny that he happened along one of the cleanest crabbers out there. I leave nothing, and take extra. But mainly I'm wondering why there aren't any places to dump trash. There are times I'm loading up nasty trash in the trunk of my car to run it to the Holly Beach dump. Trust me, I'd rather not risk that stank getting all up in my car. Are there any other options? If not, why not?? That's a double question mark, so clearly, I really mean it.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Yeah I don't understand people that leave trash. If you bring it in bring it out. That kind of stuff is what gets access cut off. Why would someone want to trash up a place they use to have fun? Even if they don't care about others they should care enough about themselves to keep it clean just for their sake.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

welcome to Louisiana......... compared to most other states this state is a dump. People leave trash behind every where, parking lots, fishing holes, they'll throw garbage bags of trash out the windows. Its disgusting. I wish we'd raise the littering fine to about $5k or 1 week in jail and start enforcing the hell out of it.

But I am with you about why a bunch of these places don't provide somewhere for you to throw your trash. That should help the problem.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

the reason there are no trash cans is BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSSED TO LEAVE YOUR TRASH!!!!!! TAKE IT BACK WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

that is what's wrong with todays people, nobody taught them how to be a respectful human being.
respectful human beings don't litter and usually take back more trash then they bring.

after a couple of cycles of growing up trashy with no morals, goal, ambition, common sense, or respect for other people/the environment, there is no hope for these people. all they will do is reproduce like rabbits and further ruin everything. eventually they will forget to breathe, at least i am hoping for that one.