SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
SaltERedneck's Avatar
SaltERedneck SaltERedneck is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,165
Cash: 9,030
Default Da River

Myself, Marsh Boy, Keith Thibodeaux, and a buddy of ours are hitting up the river tomorrow morning for a little brotherly competition. West Fork's the area of interest. Nothing like a little money to motivate the guys to catch some GREENIES. hope to have a good report by noon tomorrow. After dats said and done... Marsh Boy and I will be out in the White Oak area fishing the outgoing marsh channels. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and dont let the winds get you down guys.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM
RODBENDER's Avatar
RODBENDER RODBENDER is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 267
Cash: 935
Default

Passed over Lake Charles this afternoon and noticed the tide was really high!\
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2011, 04:38 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

I live on the west fork.. water is very high right now... 30 mph south wind= high water
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:03 PM
mcjaredsandwich's Avatar
mcjaredsandwich mcjaredsandwich is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tx
Posts: 5,366
Cash: 726
Default

Yep, passed over the 210 bridge today, at least half of the parking lot at 210 launch was inundated at one point. Rough as heck too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Hydro's Avatar
Hydro Hydro is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 2,123
Cash: 4,954
Default

Speaking of "marsh channels", is the one just south of the 171 bridge private ??? There are posted signs every 50' down that thing...

Thanks,
Hydro
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 PM
scott craft scott craft is online now
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 665
Cash: 1,065
Default

From what I understand the little burns are private.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Speaking of "marsh channels", is the one just south of the 171 bridge private ??? There are posted signs every 50' down that thing...

Thanks,
Hydro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott craft View Post
From what I understand the little burns are private.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Every cut leading into the little burns is private.. Stay out of my back yard please lol.


In all seriousness, we just hung 2 no trespassing signs on the double culverts,

Last edited by huntin fool; 05-20-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 PM
SaltERedneck's Avatar
SaltERedneck SaltERedneck is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 5,165
Cash: 9,030
Default

I say "marsh channels" and all i mean by that is the water that runs outta the marshs after the tide moves. when the water moves out the bait fish stack up and the bass sit and wait.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:13 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
I say "marsh channels" and all i mean by that is the water that runs outta the marshs after the tide moves. when the water moves out the bait fish stack up and the bass sit and wait.
Ill be out there tomorrow. like usual.. got a club tourney
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:28 PM
2ndamendment's Avatar
2ndamendment 2ndamendment is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,155
Cash: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Every cut leading into the little burns is private.. Stay out of my back yard please lol.


In all seriousness, we just hung 2 no trespassing signs on my double culverts,

What?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post

What?

The double culverts on the side of my house? My neighbor hung no trespassing signs. The canal is private. It gets old telling people not to go in there and them not listening.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:38 PM
2ndamendment's Avatar
2ndamendment 2ndamendment is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,155
Cash: 1,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
The double culverts on the side of my house? My neighbor hung no trespassing signs. The canal is private. It gets old telling people not to go in there and them not listening.

Thinking you were referencing the doubles under SPFR.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:38 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Thinking you were referencing the doubles under SPFR.
I am
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Jedi Lure Tricks Jedi Lure Tricks is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sulphur
Posts: 1,698
Cash: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
Myself, Marsh Boy, Keith Thibodeaux, and a buddy of ours are hitting up the river tomorrow morning for a little brotherly competition. West Fork's the area of interest. Nothing like a little money to motivate the guys to catch some GREENIES. hope to have a good report by noon tomorrow. After dats said and done... Marsh Boy and I will be out in the White Oak area fishing the outgoing marsh channels. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and dont let the winds get you down guys.
good luck out there guys! you'll hafta let me know how you like that new lew's speed spool!

me and longcast are goin over to sabine in the am to see if it's still stupid over there.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Hydro's Avatar
Hydro Hydro is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 2,123
Cash: 4,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
I say "marsh channels" and all i mean by that is the water that runs outta the marshs after the tide moves. when the water moves out the bait fish stack up and the bass sit and wait.
Yes, understood...

I was more or less asking about all of these "private" canals without gates on them... I lived in Stephensville for years on a "private" canal, but without gating it there was no real way of keeping people out, legally... That said, any canal posted as being private was off limits for tournaments...

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map