SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
So let me get this straight, you don?t think it?s necessary for people to own an ar-15 yet you own one yourself?? If that?s really the way you feel then I?ll gladly come and take it off your hands for you. And I guarantee you in a school shooting situation like the one that just happened in Florida, someone could have killed just as many people with a browning a5 or Remington 700 bolt action. Why? Because it is a gun free zone and the shooter has no opposition. Kids were left helpless and stuck in class rooms like sitting ducks. Sure, he may have had to reload way more often but unless a few kids would have rushed him while he was reloading they were done! And I also guarantee you those poor kids were so damn scared that the last thing on their mind was to fight back. You can make all the new laws you want and ban the ar-15 also, the sad fact is that evil has been around since man was created and evil will be here until the end of time. Full disclosure, I don?t own an ar-15 but I would never want to take away someone else?s right to own one.
In Texas our schools are protected by armed cops. So if you came in with a browning a5 the first thing that would happen is the cops would call for backup, then they would attack you. If you didn't pull the plug you have three shots before you get rushed. Could you kill a few kids sure but 17 very very unlikely. Secondly in Texas our schools have two sets of magnetic doors just to get in a school and the entire campus is locked down to the outside. Could a sniper get a few kids? Sure with a 700 Remington he could get four kids but all kids would be trying to get inside and why he reloads the cops on recess duty would be firing back he would have to take cover.

With an ar 15 and 30 rounds the death count would certainly be higher.