SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,379
Exclamation Question for the Oil Field guys!!!

Ok, I've asked a few friends but I've never gotten a straight answer. When your drilling on land and staying on site in the trailer, where does the sewer/black and grey water go? Is there some sort of portable treatment plant that is delivered and the removed once the work is finished? Also are there any lift stations (moves the sewer from the trailer to the treatment plant) on sight? I'm in the waste water business and have some questions as to how the whole process works for the "portable" work done in the oil field industry. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I can't speak for them. But I know for our on site office trailers the portalet company provides a plastic above ground "sewage tank" where all the waste water goes. And they come and pump it out regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
I can't speak for them. But I know for our on site office trailers the portalet company provides a plastic above ground "sewage tank" where all the waste water goes. And they come and pump it out regularly.
This is how it works at all of our construction sites as well
Old 01-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

I know offshore quarters have there own stand alone sewage treatment plant.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post

Im quite sure its the same at rig locations. They have a few of these above ground tanks plumbed to the trailers. Of course i never got to stay in the trailers, had to sleep in pickup
Old 01-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Hmmm, this has got me thinking. Who would I have to talk to about the sewage tanks on location? Does anyone happen to have or would be able to take some pictures of the tank?
Old 01-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Redfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackhead62 View Post
I know offshore quarters have there own stand alone sewage treatment plant.

Yep.

http://m.redfoxenviro.com/?url=http%...le.com%2F#2806
Old 01-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525
Default Example

similar to this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00216.jpg (84.8 KB, 673 views)
Old 01-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 773

Portolet companies have big plastic tanks they pump out....I think redfox systems are actual portable septic systems, and not just a holding tank. Either way is used though....just depends on location, resources available and environmental factors
Old 01-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 406

Have you checked the well permits lately? Not much business to chase right now.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Looking into the future my friend.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

There are lots of service companies that chase what you are thinking of and also supplying potable water to remote rig locations

Old 01-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Default Question for the Oil Field guys!!!

Guarantee no one is doing what I'm looking into. I'm also a student at UL in the Environmental Science program. There are some newish theories out there that I'm testing. It really all depends on the levels of the discharged water from the plant. But if it's not cost effective to produce/compete with current market prices then it will be pointless to pursue.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

On aircraft carrier, once out to sea that crap goes into the water, and makes the whole ship stink.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

What a crap post

Old 01-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022
Default RedFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
I work for RedFox on the service side. And, I also graduated from UL in Environmental and Sustainable Resources. I can for sure tell you that it's slow on the service side right now. The land "rigs" are being stacked daily. If I can answer any questions, please ask. Just PM me.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:42 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

On site living quarters are rented by the operator from rental companies like Stallion or HB Rentals. They are usually skid mounted portable buildings or mobile homes. There is a sewer pump box behind each living quarter and from there the grey/black water flows into a holding tank (usually about 1000 gallons) that is emptied periodically. The systems are part of the rental package and maintained by the rental company. The disposal is usually handled by the rental company or subcontracted by the rental to another company. But as far as the sewage, everything is contained right there on location. They typically work pretty well if no one flushes anything other than TP down the toilet. Baby wipes, Q tips, Paper towels will back it up pretty quick and then it gets messy. I've worked all over the country and this is generally the practice everywhere. If you are looking to get into it, the rental company is where you need to start. The only thing that the people actually drilling the well care about is that when they flush the toilet it works. How it works is someone else problem. Realize that the majority of land wells drilled are in the middle of nowhere. Hauling the waste off in a truck is the only logical way to do it.

Last edited by Marque; 01-25-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
On aircraft carrier, once out to sea that crap goes into the water, and makes the whole ship stink.

My buddy is a retired Hull Technician in the Navy. They were responsible for draining the gray water when they were out to sea. He told me a story where they were going through the Suez Canal and their tanks were at capacity. The Captain gave them the okay to release into the Canal. He said they were letting crap water out and people were washing dishes in the Canal, it was either release the crap or flood the ship with sewer.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Trophy Trout

Actually a better and more efficient way would be to treat the sanitary water and use the discharged water in a sprinkler system to water the grass around the system and help keep the dust down during the dry months. Having to haul it off is actually the most inefficient way to do it. Cost of truck/employee/fuel to a from site and cost to dump waste in another facilities plant then treat it. I was just looking for information from guys who have seen it first hand. And I would like to thank everyone that responded it really opened my eyes as to which direction I'll have to go with the research.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

A sprinkler system to water the "grass" on location? Come on man, you must have never stepped foot on location. There is no grass on it. Its all gravel or board mats. And what is the initial cost of this system? Who pays for it? What happens when it breaks? Not to be rude but you have a lot of research to do. Drilling contractors worry about how fast they can drill to TD, not where the toilet flush goes. Unless you are proposing to save them huge amounts of money they probably won't even listen to your plan, thats how they work. And if you get your foot in the door, they are going to want you to discount down to the bottom. The mentality of land drilling is for all they care, the toilet could flush in the containment ditch