SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default 17th LOBI Oilmen's Invitational Tournament

Just got back from three days of freshwater fishing in Toledo Bend for the LOBI.
The LOBI had 650 Official 2man team boats entered this event. All money was donated to St. Jude Children s Hospital.

Dan Landry of Kinder and I fished together for the event.

I would like to thank our sponsor for this invitational:
Our Team Sponsors were

M & K CPAS
www.mkacpas.com

Cajun Outdoors Magazine
www.cajunoutdoor.com

Bubba Oustalet Chevrolet & Ford of Jennings
www.bubbaoustalet.com

This was my first trip to Toledo Bend and what first-class place to fish! We lodged at Cypress Bend Resort

Day 1: Dan and I found an area with some small fish on Thursday so we started there Fri. to see if we could boat our five fish then look to cull. We fished spinner baits and flukes most of the mourning with only two keeper fish coming in the boat by 11am. We headed farther south to some flats with grass beds were we found some good size bass. We were placing flukes on the fish nose and would not touch the bait. After another hour of throwing the tackle box at fish , I decided to look in my saltwater box and pull out my white Skitter Walk. Coming up on 1pm we still only had two keeper fish in the boat! My 3rd cast with the topwater found a huge bass on the nest. She shook me off but at least I had some confidence in what to throw. After several smaller bass caught and many blow ups...We had three bass of keeper size with 30 mins to fish, I threw the topwater on a nest when a wake shook the boat. Landed my biggest bass ever at 9.52lbs.
End of Day one
I had the Biggest Bass $1000 and $250 bonus check , and sitting in 16th place

Day 2: Fog! Fog! Waited to leave at 7am instead of 6am. Made our way easy to the boat lane to take off and then " motor alarms went off! Pulled cover to find my belt had popped! Found a tow into the landing and loaded up the boat to hunt for belt! God heard our prayers because we found one and got it fixed. We finally launched boat and wet our first line at 11:30am. My 1st cast of the day was a 3lb bass on my skitter walk and Dan' s 3rd cast he landed a 5.o1lber. Over 8lbs in ten mins and I thought we were going to have a bigger stinger this day! Well all the other fish we caught we in the same pound range and was only able to cull one or two out.

Over all I was overwhelmed and proud of our showing at the event

22nd Place out of 650 boats
2nd Biggest bass of the event! 9.52lbs

Our payout was around $1800 total

Big Bass for day two was 10.52lbs....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9.52lbs.jpg (53.5 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg 456.jpg (63.4 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg dan 5.5.jpg (65.9 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg In tank.jpg (45.4 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg TEAM 442.jpg (54.6 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg 04-03-2011 03;35;45PM.jpg (46.3 KB, 320 views)