SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:07 AM
seachaser250's Avatar
seachaser250 seachaser250 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sort of South Crowley
Posts: 399
Cash: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Delta and DU are not competing organizations. DU is much larger than Delta and has the capacity to get on the ground work done. DU is able to quadruple the money with matching. Instead of $1 million going to breeding grounds, there is $4 million. Very low overhead for a non-profit also.
I never said they were competing. I'm active in the Delta Organization and have a DU membership.

DU will do a lot of good with that money. I just think Delta should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what they can do as well.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Duck Butter's Avatar
Duck Butter Duck Butter is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Central La
Posts: 3,903
Cash: 2,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
I never said they were competing. I'm active in the Delta Organization and have a DU membership.

DU will do a lot of good with that money. I just think Delta should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what they can do as well.
Not sure if it happened this year again, but I know DU and Delta both gave proposals to the commission a while back as to what they would do with the duck stamp money and DU blew them out the water with their proposal, which is why they got it. Don't think they are allowed to split the money.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:27 AM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
fish name
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
please tell me why the intercoastal waterway is not the north boundary of the coastal zone?

these zones are unreal...
My guess would be that because there is a decent amount of tidal marsh north of the intracoastal
__________________
Brookshire Farm 100% Grass Fed Beef
http://www.brookshirefarm.com/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Thanks, I'm just livin by the code: Paint face, Shoot Beretta's, Bounce the Hen.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:30 AM
seachaser250's Avatar
seachaser250 seachaser250 is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sort of South Crowley
Posts: 399
Cash: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Not sure if it happened this year again, but I know DU and Delta both gave proposals to the commission a while back as to what they would do with the duck stamp money and DU blew them out the water with their proposal, which is why they got it. Don't think they are allowed to split the money.
The commission could have awarded some of the money to Delta. I know Delta did submit a proposal and it didn't get blown out of the water. Delta does significant work that helps ducks and duck hunters. Not saying DU doesn't, as I've said before they do a lot of good work as well.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,941
Cash: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Delta and DU are not competing organizations. DU is much larger than Delta and has the capacity to get on the ground work done. DU is able to quadruple the money with matching. Instead of $1 million going to breeding grounds, there is $4 million. Very low overhead for a non-profit also.
Hahaha. Non profit.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Duck Butter's Avatar
Duck Butter Duck Butter is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Central La
Posts: 3,903
Cash: 2,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
The commission could have awarded some of the money to Delta. I know Delta did submit a proposal and it didn't get blown out of the water. Delta does significant work that helps ducks and duck hunters. Not saying DU doesn't, as I've said before they do a lot of good work as well.
No doubt they do good work, but DU is getting 4x matching funds. Hard to compete with that
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Drake321 Drake321 is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Iowa, la
Posts: 1
Cash: 200
Default

What will be the proposed dates for geese since there is different zoning now?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Smalls Smalls is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Central LA
Posts: 2,822
Cash: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
I never said they were competing. I'm active in the Delta Organization and have a DU membership.

DU will do a lot of good with that money. I just think Delta should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what they can do as well.
I think the problem for Delta is that they don't have near the support that DU does down here. That might sound strange, but DU is probably more recognizable down here first of all. And DU at least does some work in Louisiana, something that I don't believe Delta does.

I support both, because I think both do good work. But I think Delta is going to get its support from people that believe the breeding grounds is where all the money should be going, and not everyone feels that way.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:22 AM
cgoods17's Avatar
cgoods17 cgoods17 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: lake charles
Posts: 611
Cash: 666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
My guess would be that because there is a decent amount of tidal marsh north of the intracoastal
the amount of tidal marsh north of the intercoastal is a drop in the bucket compared to rice fields south of hwy 14.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Smalls Smalls is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Central LA
Posts: 2,822
Cash: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake321 View Post
What will be the proposed dates for geese since there is different zoning now?
Date's will not be proposed until January I believe.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map