SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > DIY Forum

DIY Forum This forum is for discussion of Do-It-Yourself projects, including home building and remodeling, automotive repair, etc.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396
Default my summer 2010 project

well to start off my dad bought the boat years ago for a good deal,hit a tight spot and had to sell it so he sold it to my uncle who took the motor off and put it on his boat.and then he gave it to my uncle cause it needed some transom work done to it.well he let it sit for over a year with about 6 inches of water in it plus alot of other stuff.so i asked him if i could have it and he said yes he was gonna trash it,well i cleaned it up got it to the house and afte checking it was still registered in my dads name so my buddy showed me the ropes on glassing and these are the pics

after cutting out the transom found out the floor was soaked so cut out a 4' section

plan on making a platform in the back from where the bench was all the way back, probably 3' and im gonna raise the front platform up as well so i have more room for storage,still deciding on whether or not to keep the lil side console or go tiller. im probably gonna keep it and run a 60hp,i love the lay out of the boat its really wide i believe it was 54", you cant really tell but the section i painted is a dark grey. im also debating on painting the hull black or navy blue i love the black look so idk.i also bleached it and the orange water line is now gona and the boat looks alot better.also removed the rod holders as they were done for.hopefully when income tax rolls around she'll be finished and i'll be able to bring her over here break her in and slime her pretty good
Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Nice Project man! Take your time and do it right and that boat will come out reel nice!!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:26 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Nice. Have fun with it. You will enjoy it way more that you did all the work yourself.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Looks like alot of work but definately has lots of potential. Keep us updated with pics as you go along.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

yea it was a pretty good bit of work but small price to pay to have a boat with a layout that you want.its gonna be a while on more pics, i got a lil boy due next month so tryin to hold on to my extra cash for now.