SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038
Default Prien Lake Thanksgiving Day

With the family doing dinner on Friday I was able to fish all day Thanksgiving. This was my first day of fishing in my new boat and it ended up being my best day ever!

I ended up with 5 specs and 2 reds, using glow/chart sand eel jr's for most, one red on a purple/chart spinnerbait, one spec on a sand eel/spinnerbait as I was talking on the phone with the rod in the holder just trolling along It seemed like the fish and birds all took a break around 1:30PM. (which I think goes along with what the tide chart called for)

I caught all of my fish in Prien Lake south of the 210 bridge. Chased birds for the most part. I bumped the sand eels off the bottom and worked slowly for most of them. It was a very delicate strike, on a couple I wasnt even sure if I had a fish until I had reeled in 10 yards of line.

This was a really exciting day for me, since I never caught more than 4 fish in one day (and that was on live cocahoes ubder a cork), and I had never caught anything on artificials other than spinnerbaits. I started out with the spinner and caught a nice red, then when I started going to the birds I decided to try the sand eels/jighead and now I am hooked!

My dad came out and met me at the dock around 2PM so that was awesome too, even though neither of us caught anything when we were together. This was the first time we have been fishing together since I was about 12 and we went to the jetties in Cameron. I think we will be doing it more often now!

Old 11-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 984
Default Yeah...

I saw you out by the 210 bridge. At first I thought you were in some kind of kayak.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

How you like the gheeno? I saw them at Pack N Paddle looked pretty cool.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,092

Nice catch and cool boat!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Neat boat there !!!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Nice catch, sweet little boat!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

Nicely done, it takes courage and confidence to make the switch from bait to arti. I commend you for trying something new and you were rewarded!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
How you like the gheeno? I saw them at Pack N Paddle looked pretty cool.
I love the boat. Coming from fishing kayaks for the last year, I treat it like a kayak with much farther range. I have been able to go in just about as shallow as I was with the kayaks. I won't be taking it out in the open on 20 knot wind days. I got into what i guess was 2' chop at cypremort point and that was a bit nerve wracking. So it is a boat with limits but for good weather or protected areas in bad weather, its great.

It really fit my situation perfectly. My kids would get tired too fast trying to fish from a kayak so I wanted something I could take them in (although fishing two kids + me might be a stretch for the boat).

The price was right too. For what I spent I was in the range of 10 - 12 year old bay boats. I don't really have the land to store a bay boat either. The gheenoe fits in the garage along with my wife's car. Finally, if I spend more than $15 in gas on a trip then I probably spent more time riding around than fishing.

One cool thing is they are custom made and the maker is very accessible by phone. He will work with you to give you exactly what you want and his price list is right on the website for each addon.

http://www.customgheenoe.com/
Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

I was fishing the flat south of Island under 210 when yall passed me. Fishing was slow from 2-430 when I fished. I stayed on the reds the whole time.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I was fishing the flat south of Island under 210 when yall passed me. Fishing was slow from 2-430 when I fished. I stayed on the reds the whole time.
Hey I saw you there and was actually going to fish to your left, by that cut to the shipping channel but a boat burned right by there as I was on my way so I decided to go elsewhere.

I caught my first red of the day at that spot around 8AM. There was a whole school of them with backs out of the water but by the time I landed that red the school was gone and I couldn't find them again. I wonder if they just stayed in that area all day then.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

The whole school stayed. But like you said, I landed my first and had to chase the school... monster reds in there.. they shut down though not long after you passed.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

NICE