SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Make and keep a copy of the tapes! Just saying???
Old 10-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
where do you hunt? I work with a guy that was telling a story just like yours but he was on other end of the deal..... I am not taking a side on this because who ever was wrong was wrong but its crazy how close his story goes with this
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA1125 View Post
Actually this is a false statement.

I was actually cited for "Wasteful Game Violation" when a buddy of mine discarded a deer he had shot b/c he was too lazy to clean it the next day once we finally got the water lines unfrozen. We all received this violation even though he's the one who shot the deer. We also received a "tagging violation" as well for not tagging the deer properly.
Never heard of such. Why would anyone besides him get a ticket. Surely you did not pay that fine?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Never heard of such. Why would anyone besides him get a ticket. Surely you did not pay that fine?
he hasn't had much luck with game wardens in past believe me...lol
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
All I have to say is, your avatar is awesome!
x1000000000000000!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
was atleast one a big black guy? did you have a black and stainless gun?
Yes one of them is a big black guy and My gun is walnut with a stainless barrel, Happened in Jefferson Davis parish
Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

if it went down like you say I would feel same way, I had similar problem with a place I hunt.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641

It was told just as it happened. The dept of WLF is reviewing the video and more charges are to come. This is now going to the DA office as well. I will not stop till something is done and this is made right. We gave them a fare warning the weekend before to stop and they still did this to us, don't mess with us and we won't mess with you, but piss us off and its ON!!!!!! All they had to do was leave us alone and stop hunting on us and they chose not too, you are responsible for your actions.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

fair is fair, if I pay to lease land then everyone else stay off and I do like wise. The woods is no place for stupid people doing stupid things for sure when guns are involved. I have some land I was fighting some people over and when I brought some church kids camping and the people showed up I layed it on the line for them my final warning that if they did not leave I would have them picked up and press charges for endangering up to 20 young kids and I would make sure they spent time in jail, that was the last time I ever saw them but I also had 911 dialed and was ready to have them picked up. As you said don't bother me and I won't bother you and we will all get along, good luck and I hope you get it all worked out.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabulator View Post
well, dept of WLF called me this morning due to a post on the internet. I was told they are investing the matter and they want the video so they can watch it, they want see if any other violation were committed, but was told that the guy had every right to shoot the deer even though it was on my property... they just cant go retrieve the deer...BS, my reply was I dont care who owns the deer it does not give you the right to shot on your neighbors land with a high power rifle. I was told that this is also going to be looked at...I hope so I have friends who are state rep. and they also have received the complaint and they are working on this as well. From what I understand they are going to be charged with trespassing and more charges my follow, don't want to say what they are just yet, and a tagging volition as well...Keep kicking the ant pile till something happens!!!
Forgot to mention also that when all of our stuff happened that we were on the wrong land (by mistake), and 2 of my friends shot deer off this land, which come to find out is a felony charge & they were charged with that as well. It is referred to as "Killing whitetail deer without landowners consent". And if the landowner signs a nonconsent form stating they didn't give those persons permission to be on the land they can file charges and arrest them. We all received charges of "Criminal Trespassing with a Deadly Weapon"!

Now all this took place in Texas on land that I had never been on or heard about. We were shown where to go and told where to hunt. Don't know if Texas law is that different from Louisiana or not. Hopefully, this helps out.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

I sure wish I could tell you differently but I can't. They charged us all the same except I didn't get the felony charge that they received b/c at the time I hadn't killed anything off that land (wrong land). If I wouldn't have paid the fine I'd have a warrant out for my arrest, so it's not worth it to not pay it and all the consequences and court costs to deal with later on.

It was a bad deal, and I had no control over anything. To our knowledge we did nothing wrong and were on the right land up until we were confronted by the landowner and then the calvary started to roll in.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA1125 View Post
I sure wish I could tell you differently but I can't. They charged us all the same except I didn't get the felony charge that they received b/c at the time I hadn't killed anything off that land (wrong land). If I wouldn't have paid the fine I'd have a warrant out for my arrest, so it's not worth it to not pay it and all the consequences and court costs to deal with later on.

It was a bad deal, and I had no control over anything. To our knowledge we did nothing wrong and were on the right land up until we were confronted by the landowner and then the calvary started to roll in.
This was Texas? Different deal over there, you can feed your deer to the dogs here if you choose, but I don't condone such actions
Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,321

Louisiana does have a wanton waste law. If you don't attempt to recover an animal, you can and will be charged.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Louisiana does have a wanton waste law. If you don't attempt to recover an animal, you can and will be charged.
Right, but once you recover it, it is yours to do whatever you wish. Eat it, give it away to a person, dog, or throw it in the trash