SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
Nope never any problems with any of my Brownings. None of the guys I know with them have had that issue that I know of .
i had to recently send my MAXUS back to browning. I had issues with the trigger mech not even engaging the pin to hit the primer. Stand up to shoot a bird and *click* talk about pissed. Sent it in thinking it would take 7 months...got it back in 4 weeks. "minor repairs" is all it had on the reciept.

Took her out during teal season. shot 2 3/4 1 oz steel #6 loads to 3" #3...no problems cycled like a champ. I love the feel of the gun...not bulky like an extrema, hardly any recoil, swings easy...I'd buy another now...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 609

check into maxus gas cylinder spring fracture i heard from a gun smith that he replaces a lot of them due to breakage
Old 10-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

I have a Browning Silver and it is a sweet gun. Shoots low power and all with no problems. I rather the feel of the Maxus but it costs a good bit more than the Silver.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Flounder

Cash: 680

I think you should let the feel of the gun decide. I have been around both of those guns on a daily basis and have seen very little problems out of either one. They are both gas guns and require a little cleaning but the usually don't break. As far as the Maxus goes, I shoot about 8-10 cases of waterfowl loads a year through mine with ZERO problems. The gun has only been out for a little over 2 years, so only time will tell how it will hold up. As far as the SBE go, I love the feel of the gun and the way it handles, but I have worn out 2 SBEs. When you send them back to the company, they say it is excessive use and will do nothing for it. With the exception of the 1187, Benelli is the only brand of shotgun that I have ever worn out. To me, $1500 for 5 years of use just doesn't add up. I switched to the Browning Gold after the SBE and had very little issues with them. I broke a hammer spring, but only after 7 years of shooting it. The gun still works great, I just wanted a lighter gun and I love the Maxus. I only shoot it about 45 to 50 days of the year (teal/duck/spec/snow) as the days I am at Little Pecan we shoot Berretas. So not shooting it 80 to 85 days a year should make it last longer.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckhunter View Post
check into maxus gas cylinder spring fracture i heard from a gun smith that he replaces a lot of them due to breakage
I did have one break in one of my Brownings. It still worked fine all season like that. Browning warrantied it no problem .
Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,958

I ended up buying the Extrema 2....Can't wait to fold some birds with it!!!!