SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Venice waters

Did 3 days with the same guy. Mark is here from Missouri. Day 1 we went to Brenton Island. It was on fire last week. The island is 10 miles out and once there if things are not happening you have very little options because you have run so far out of the way. It was a bit bouncy getting there. I did well there over a week ago but the weather has not been good enough for us to get out there since. When we got there the water was dead looking so we did not stay long. We spent a half hour or more looking but never lost a bait. It has not been happening this week.

On the way back we found a spot of cleaner water and it held some trout so we were off and running. We made a day of it right there.

We managed to find a bull red which made for a good fight, picture, and release.

Day 2 was a decision to go some where else or back to the same place and hope the speckled trout were still there. Don't leave fish to find fish. We started where we left off.

They did not let us down either. The yellow mouths kept chomping.

There were a lot of shorts so the bait stealing was aggravating. We also managed 2 reds. One of which was short and went back and 2 flounder. Day 2 was a success also.

Day 3 we bounced around east bay finding a lot of bull reds including this 26 pounder that was easily revived in less than a minute after the picture. We were fishing in 50 feet of water.

We picked up a good amount of white trout also but were hoping for other types of fish. We bounced around a bit then decided to run to an area off the mouth looking for a red snapper in state waters. The first stop we found some keepers but only about 4-5 pounders. they all came up not bloated so back they went. I used the R&R fish flipper to release them without even touching them. After 4 of them we moved on.

Our next stop took us a while to get into the right position on the rig but once we did it was game on. Our first 2 drops gave us 2 about 12 pounds.

I got this one on the next drop.

We now were 1 from our limit of 4.

I let mark feed them for a while till he got a bit aggravated at his fishing skills. I was having fun busting him and it almost got ridiculous. After a half hour of cutting bait for him I decided to fish again. As soon as I put a line back in he finally hooked up one. So did I and mine got in the rig and broke off. I netted his and that made our 4 fish limit.

After we picked up the boat we headed in. It was a 3 day success which felt good after having 2 very tough days out there. One of those days was so bad I never bothered to post anything.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 05-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Good job capt.!
Old 05-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Nice work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Ling