SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
I know of a few guides who worry about the "2 over 25 inches" law, but they target big fish. They could care less about filling the box with dinks.
You do?? Please name one ?

I bet you can't

I get paid let people catch fish and a box full of 12-16inch trout is what customers love !! Never once had a person say let's not go trout catching !! Or say I only want big fish
Lmao

During the summer just about every customers 1st words are let's go get a limit before it gets hot
Old 07-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

Bruce Baugh. Guess you have a "different" type of clients. Just because YOU focus on filling a box with dinks, doesn't mean that EVERY guide fishes like YOU. You're not the end all, be all authority on how EVERYONE wants to fish. Get over yourself, you're a part-time guide who's only concern is "limiting out".
Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Read the first 3 line on page 34 of the Fishing Regulations booklet. It says something different. Here is a link.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/d...gs_low-res.pdf
It's my understanding that its 15 per person. Regardless of how many are in your boat. So if one person catches 15 he is done for the day no matter how many fish the other passengers have. Although there is no way to enforce it.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Flounder

Cash: 678

[QUOTE=jchief;705263
Every client is different. Some want fillets, some want to learn the lake, some big fish, etc. If you are a good guide, you will ask your customer what they want and supply that.

Agreed, I am fishing with JAdams in Nov. I have told him fish numbers are not important. I want to 1. Learn to fish artificials. 2. Learn the lake and why we fish certain areas. 3. Learn how to navigate safely around large ships, areas of lake that are dangerous and anything else he can teach me to be a better fisherman.
If he does that, I am on my way to being able to catch my own fish on a different day.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray View Post
It's my understanding that its 15 per person. Regardless of how many are in your boat. So if one person catches 15 he is done for the day no matter how many fish the other passengers have. Although there is no way to enforce it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Haynes View Post
Agreed, I am fishing with JAdams in Nov. I have told him fish numbers are not important. I want to 1. Learn to fish artificials. 2. Learn the lake and why we fish certain areas. 3. Learn how to navigate safely around large ships, areas of lake that are dangerous and anything else he can teach me to be a better fisherman.
If he does that, I am on my way to being able to catch my own fish on a different day.
Both great posts!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
Bruce Baugh. Guess you have a "different" type of clients. Just because YOU focus on filling a box with dinks, doesn't mean that EVERY guide fishes like YOU. You're not the end all, be all authority on how EVERYONE wants to fish. Get over yourself, you're a part-time guide who's only concern is "limiting out".
Bruce is a Trophy trout guide who wade fished on 97% of his charters and has a whole diffrent type of client !!

Like I said most want to learn how to catch fish and go out and catch lots of fish !!

Lmao dude give it up your obsessed with me !!

Send me your # and I'll text you the Text me and JAdams had just last night about you !! Lmao

I think he is about to get a restraining order on you for stalking
Old 07-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Randy Pausina, assistant secretary for the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, agrees. Pausina came up through the ranks as a fisheries biologist getting his hip boots wet and hands dirty in the marshy muck behind the old Grand Terre marine research laboratory.

Randy Pausina
He said eliminating the guides' take from charter creels might be socially desirable, but it wouldn't cause any discernible increase in speckled trout and redfish stocks.
"It would be maybe a good gesture, but as far as conservation goes, it wouldn't have much of an impact," Pausina said. "Most people, including guides, think that they account for more fishing mortality than they really do."

need to shake this fellow's hand when you run across him, he is always on point
Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Bruce is a Trophy trout guide who wade fished on 97% of his charters and has a whole diffrent type of client !!

Like I said most want to learn how to catch fish and go out and catch lots of fish !!

Send me your # and I'll text you the Text me and JAdams had just last night about you !! Lmao

LMAO!!! Don't flatter yourself...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404912792.813182.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:

w is right about this. people go to him for a different kind of experience for the most part.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Randy Pausina, assistant secretary for the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, agrees. Pausina came up through the ranks as a fisheries biologist getting his hip boots wet and hands dirty in the marshy muck behind the old Grand Terre marine research laboratory.

Randy Pausina
He said eliminating the guides' take from charter creels might be socially desirable, but it wouldn't cause any discernible increase in speckled trout and redfish stocks.
"It would be maybe a good gesture, but as far as conservation goes, it wouldn't have much of an impact," Pausina said. "Most people, including guides, think that they account for more fishing mortality than they really do."

he will be at the meeting tonight...
Old 07-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

Randy Pausina

I agree
Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Louisiana has more area of inshore waters per licensed salt water angler than any other state in the lower 48. (~250 to 300 thousand anglers fishing ~4 million acres of water, works out to 10-15 acres per angler.)

Further, due to the high quality habitat of silt laid down by the Mississippi River over the eons and the nutrient loading of the Mississippi River (due to fertilizers from mid-West farmers washing down), Louisiana waters are about 4 times more productive than Gulf waters not directly impacted by the Mississippi.

The system is so productive and resilient that even Louisiana politicians and Texas conservation groups have not been able to screw up the fishing too badly yet, and Louisiana has escaped the consequences of mismanagement that greatly damaged fishing in places like Galveston Bay and Chesapeake Bay decades ago. However, the productivity and resilience that provided a 30-40 year buffer in ongoing productivity won't last forever if we allow the habitat to continue to be degraded.

It is a fact of wildlife management that inshore species are resilient and will quickly rebound to whatever population levels the habitat will support. Focus on lower limits and guarding the "stocks" is misguided and narrow minded because it ignores the reality that those stocks need to be fed from the habitat in which they live. It's like pretending that beef production means protecting the cattle from harvest while ignoring the necessity to protect the pasture to feed the beef. You can't grow beef with 10 cattle per acre.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,213

Man you guys crack me up. "W" i have to agree with you on this one. Most folks that hire guides want a quik limit and get home.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Half of you on here want to be game wardens. Do you guys really think anyone keeps count of how many fish they are catching when the limit is 15/25 a person? Do yall keep track of your own fish when fishing for fun? Do yall put down your rod when you get to 15/25 fish, or do you keep fishing until you reach your boats limit? Yall sound ridiculous, who cares. All the fish go in the same ice chest on the boat.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Half of you on here want to be game wardens. Do you guys really think anyone keeps count of how many fish they are catching when the limit is 15/25 a person? Do yall keep track of your own fish when fishing for fun? Do yall put down your rod when you get to 15/25 fish, or do you keep fishing until you reach your boats limit? Yall sound ridiculous, who cares. All the fish go in the same ice chest on the boat.
Agree, but the law is 15/25.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Word.

If it was that way most of my friends wouldn't fish with me.
Been quite a few 28 - 2 days.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
You are allowed two limits on possession per fisherman

So if my buddy from Baton Rouge comes fish with me for the day and we catch 30 trout
We clean the trout and he takes home my limit with his , he is legal by law
thanks, I did not know that. but im sure you better have a receipt from the charter trip in order not to get ticketed

I don't understand why they are they making an allowance for a double limit like that? it seams to not be logical because if a limit is needed then its needed and weather I pay a guide or go on my own the amount I am allowed to keep should be the same.

I suppose its meant to help guides get more business or something but it makes no sense.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Three pages into a thread from W and no slickfish. Did he die? Where's W's other duck?
Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Thanks you !!! Not one person on here ever said

Hey I got my 15 fish I can't fish no more I'm going to watch

Lmao !!

Now I have buddies who catch 3 and sit back and drink beer !!
Old 07-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Three pages into a thread from W and no slickfish. Did he die? Where's W's other duck?
Heard he was still counting all the trout I been putting on my boat deck this week !!
Don't think he made it to my Sunday trip yet ! he had to ask Momma for more rocks to count