SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563
Default Burns Point Camping/fishing info needed

We are going on the 18th and pulling the RV there. How is the camp grounds? More importantly, how is the fishing? I've never been there before. I would guess along the bank for reds. For trout what's the best areas there. Just head west to the reefs?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Camp ground is ok. Nice little place to me. Kinda isolated and quiet. The boat landing is nice. Fishing is ehhhhh. If you fish from the bank you will likely only catch cat fish with an occasional lost Red fish. You'll probably give up before you catch a Red. If you have a boat go west until you see some cuts coming from the Marsh and fish them on a outgoing tide. If you want Specks you have to fish Marsh Island or the reefs in the bay.

When I was a kid we would go there and tent camp, swim, crab and hang out weekends during the summer. Never caught much other than hard heads but we had fun.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Camp ground is ok. Nice little place to me. Kinda isolated and quiet. The boat landing is nice. Fishing is ehhhhh. If you fish from the bank you will likely only catch cat fish with an occasional lost Red fish. You'll probably give up before you catch a Red. If you have a boat go west until you see some cuts coming from the Marsh and fish them on a outgoing tide. If you want Specks you have to fish Marsh Island or the reefs in the bay.

When I was a kid we would go there and tent camp, swim, crab and hang out weekends during the summer. Never caught much other than hard heads but we had fun.

Ok. THanks. I'm bringing my parents and they are more into camping. But my mom would love to catch some crabs while there. I'll just try everything and see what happens.