SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439
Default V-Bay this week ??

Haven't been seeing many threads about V-Bay this week any of yall made any trips this week. I'll be making a trip this Sunday. Just wanted to see what the water looked like and if yall been catching.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

MODIS from yesterday showed dirty water throughout the bay and nearshore reefs. Todays image is not uploaded yet.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Tripletail

How do you get to the map on MODIS??
Old 07-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Just google modis Louisiana.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Go to the top of the page in the purple header and click on the weather/tides/launches option. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page and look under the title of "Other Useful Links" and click on MODIS weather information. It will bring up a visible light image of the latest satellite flyover (updated daily). It overflies/updates the current days image about 1-2pm for our area of interest. Near the upper left corner of the home page is a date bar where you can select the day of interest. You can then hover the mouse pointer over the area of interest and select it then click the 250m zoom to see the bay more clearly. You will have to use the slider bars on the edges of the screen to position the image to your area of interest. On some days the sun's glare or cloudcover makes the image less useful but it has saved a bit of time and fuel when I was interested in finding clean water.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Or...just Google Modis Louisiana. I have selected it as a favorite on my button bar for quick access.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

I went Monday afternoon knowing the tide would be bottomed out low.

Found dirty water in the bay, passed up the usual spots and headed to pass.
Found birds working at the pass, gafftop every cast.
Moved to Tee butte, found more dirty water but found one gull working big pods of bait fish. Caught 5 trout in about 10 minutes. Only two were keepers. Did drop a few more one of which was a decent 16 + inch fish.

Started to run offshore but wasn't going to take the risk knowing the tide was dead and not knowing if I would find clean water offshore.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

I fished Monday, Diamond, Caldwell, Tette Butte, Hell Hole, You name it. Caught two reds in Little White Lake right after the sun came up, didn't put another fish in the box after that. Water was pretty but fresh. Got bad in the afternoon with South wind and strong falling tide, felt like I was in a washing machine. Just got back from FWC, caught a bunch of bull reds at one of Vermilion 26 satellites, couple of Jacks, hooked a ling but I was by myself and couldn't get the gaff on him quick enough and he freaked. Caught a few small trout but nothing for the box. Got to go to work tonight so had to cut it short. Think I could have done well this afternoon with the major tidal movement. Water 3 to 4 miles out is the best I've seen it in a while. Hopefully that SW wind will blow some good water in there.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Tripletail

That's usually my go to tactic to get some reds in the box myself. Good looking box
Old 07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,919

Went last Thrusday, caught 7 and a flounder, and went again Saturday, and caught 8. Water was poo!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Tripletail

yea it has been stired up with all these damn afternoon storms that have been poppin up in the bay. I'm gunn try and work them over Sunday morning hopefully.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Went out of ICY yesterday. 2 reds around redfish pt. water not good!!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Tripletail

yea i figured as much but the tide should be good for Redfish this weekend. The water will be in the grass.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I fished Monday, Diamond, Caldwell, Tette Butte, Hell Hole, You name it. Caught two reds in Little White Lake right after the sun came up, didn't put another fish in the box after that. Water was pretty but fresh. Got bad in the afternoon with South wind and strong falling tide, felt like I was in a washing machine. Just got back from FWC, caught a bunch of bull reds at one of Vermilion 26 satellites, couple of Jacks, hooked a ling but I was by myself and couldn't get the gaff on him quick enough and he freaked. Caught a few small trout but nothing for the box. Got to go to work tonight so had to cut it short. Think I could have done well this afternoon with the major tidal movement. Water 3 to 4 miles out is the best I've seen it in a while. Hopefully that SW wind will blow some good water in there.
Did almost a "carbon copy" of your trip yesterday (Wednesday) with worse results. Didn't put one fish in the box. Water dirty on the reefs and in the pass, but found nice water outside in Tiger Shoals area, but with no current and my lack of skills, didn't boat one trout. We fished the morning due to the forecast for afternoon T-storms and had to dodge a big one when we came thru the pass. Tried the island with shrimp, but no takers. Oh well, another day of fishing not catching. Had two friends onboard and the camaraderie was worth the trip even tho we didn't catch.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Flounder

Cash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Went out of ICY yesterday. 2 reds around redfish pt. water not good!!
Did the same for a quick solo trip yesterday (7/11). I fished Redfish Point and on down into Hell Hole and caught nothing. Tried shrimp, plastics, spoons... I did notice there was sooooo much baitfish everywhere.

But, I'd rather spend a day out there and catch nothing than be at work!