SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Will you continue to support CCA?
Yes 28 36.36%
No 49 63.64%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
When and where is the next meeting. Lets all go. And ask "so if we don't put a limit on tripletail, do you honestly think they will be gone one day? And if you think that, simply tell me why and show me data." I'm a logical guy, prove to me why we need a limit and i'm all for it
Its september 5th.. dont know the location though
Old 08-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The scientific method is based on skepticism and the demand that assertions be supported with published data and a methodology that allows both replication and review by others.

This is in contrast to believing in viewpoints based on the authority, education, or employment status of those espousing the view.

Responsible PhD Wildlife Professionals should know they need to back up proposed management actions with sound scientific data. Pushing major policy changes without sound scientific support diminishes their credibility. They would be on much more sound footing if they proposed to study the status of the stock with sound scientific methods and suggested delay of consideration of major policy changes until there was more data available.

Preaching to the choir on most that MG
Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMP CANARD View Post
I Hunt and Fish in La., and own a Camp there as well. Purchase $480 in Licenses ea. year. I think I should have a say in La. regulations !
Comment about " Mad Texan".....Really ! This is specifically why I NEVER get involved in these type of debates, and rarely post. I have been a member of DU since 1976, and do not agree with everything they have done. My feelings are mutual with respect to CCA.
I often wonder where WE ( La. and TX.) Sportsman would be today without the efforts of DU, Delta,CCA, etc. I doubt you would be able to strap a Canvasback, or even see one now days ! They didn't just come back to huntable numbers because the Hens decided to lay more eggs.
Apples to Bowling balls. Migratory bird populations are extensively researched every year and regulations are managed accordingly. When you come up with a better argument than "Why do y'all need more than 5?" then let us know, TEXAN!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Fair enough, but your say is as a customer or consumer of the resources. Your say should be analogous to a customer at Burger King if they discontinue or restrict access to a product. Your say is nothing more than a recommendation or an expression of your personal preferences.

This is much different than the authoritative say deserved by LA residents and registered LA voters. Citizens of Louisiana should have an authoritative say equivalent to Burger King stockholders.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Apples to Bowling balls. Migratory bird populations are extensively researched every year and regulations are managed accordingly. When you come up with a better argument than "Why do y'all need more than 5?" then let us know, TEXAN!!!
Migratory bird populations are estimates as well, just as the tripletail studies and there have been extensive studies done as per this:

David Cresson, executive director of the Coastal Conservation Association-Louisiana, told the commission his organization supports the implementation of regulations on tripletail.
"There is limited information in general on tripletail, but it's extensive in other parts of the country," he said. "We've been visiting with scientists, and the information is undeniable: Eighteen inches is where they become sexually mature."

There is no such thing as a Louisiana tripletail, they are a migratory species, they do not know state lines. What is seen in Alabama and Mississippi tripletail populations would be the same here, unlike red snapper which do not migrate and is why I think our state's red snapper fishery should be managed by us
Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,038

Quote:
I don't recall saying "why you need more than 5".
10-4 on the Ducks research and regulations. Would you have a problem with LDWF doing the same with 3 tailers, and manage accordingly ? Does LDWF research Trout, Redfish, etc. ?
My point has not changed. Nobody wants to be told how many you can keep. Lets just catch as many as we can NOW, and the heck with the future of the Fish. Who cares if my kids/grandkids ever know of there existence ?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I don't recall saying "why you need more than 5".
10-4 on the Ducks research and regulations. Would you have a problem with LDWF doing the same with 3 tailers, and manage accordingly ? Does LDWF research Trout, Redfish, etc. ?
My point has not changed. Nobody wants to be told how many you can keep. Lets just catch as many as we can NOW, and the heck with the future of the Fish. Who cares if my kids/grandkids ever know of existence ?
Yep, I'm tryin to fish 'em to extinction, I wish these Out-of-Towners would mind their own business and let us exterminate these things. C'mon man, you're gettin a little radical now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Migratory bird populations are estimates as well, just as the tripletail studies and there have been extensive studies done as per this:

David Cresson, executive director of the Coastal Conservation Association-Louisiana, told the commission his organization supports the implementation of regulations on tripletail.
"There is limited information in general on tripletail, but it's extensive in other parts of the country," he said. "We've been visiting with scientists, and the information is undeniable: Eighteen inches is where they become sexually mature."

There is no such thing as a Louisiana tripletail, they are a migratory species, they do not know state lines. What is seen in Alabama and Mississippi tripletail populations would be the same here, unlike red snapper which do not migrate and is why I think our state's red snapper fishery should be managed by us
Sooooooo.......You're sayin they have no idea, they just S.W.A.G. it. Kind of what we're gettin at.......
Old 08-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

So in Africa today..

.La CCA guy took a visit to see how they controlled the Lion populations... When CCA ask how do you know where to set the limit on Lions, the African guy just looked and said we look extensive in other parts of the country.
CCA guy said we do the same thing with our fishing regulations, so what is your triple tail limit here? Confused African said what is a triple tail? CCA Guy: it’s that fish with 3 tails that floats under debris.
He says Ohhhh mate you speak of the fish we with 3tails .... We base our limits on extensive in other parts of the country.
The CCA guy comes back to Baton Rouge and gives a great detail of what he learned in Africa over his trip! When commissioner ask about the 3 tail limit and what we should do. He answered extensive in other parts of the country!
It’s the smart thing to do!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Ling

Quote:

Sooooooo.......You're sayin they have no idea, they just S.W.A.G. it. Kind of what we're gettin at.......
No, I am saying that the info is there already, its been done all around us. Its not going to be different because they are a migratory species that do not know what state they are in They are not a different subspecies
Old 08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Red Snapper

Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Yep, I'm tryin to fish 'em to extinction, I wish these Out-of-Towners would mind their own business and let us exterminate these things. C'mon man, you're gettin a little radical now.

Careful for what you wish for ! Those out of towners help fuel your economy, and there not all from Texas.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Texas has the dumbest trout law of all...15inch min on trout...lmao

Keep all females and leave males in the water!! WINNING...

Maybe Texas could have a better trout program if they dropped that 15inch min down to a 12inch where you keep a better ratio male to female
Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Careful for what you wish for ! Those out of towners help fuel your economy, and there not all from Texas.
I was being sarcastic. It was a joke.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

MathGeek, you need to be present at some of these meetings. Even though logic isn't always the best solution(in most political-type cases these days), your ability to speak and present facts, along with the extensive studies you have done would likely go a lot further than "It's my right to keep what I want!"
Old 08-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
MathGeek, you need to be present at some of these meetings. Even though logic isn't always the best solution(in most political-type cases these days), your ability to speak and present facts, along with the extensive studies you have done would likely go a lot further than "It's my right to keep what I want!"

THIS!!!!!!!!!

not only should it be MG, It needs to be everyone who gives a rat's posterior.

Like i said in the other thread, Policiticians listed to two things 1) Money 2) public opinion. Unless we have a Williams Gates Jr in our midst who is willing to finance our cause..... Then i suggest people start creating some public opinion.

Squeeky Wheels really do tend to get grease.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. It was a joke.
Roger !
Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Texas has the dumbest trout law of all...15inch min on trout...lmao

Keep all females and leave males in the water!! WINNING...

Maybe Texas could have a better trout program if they dropped that 15inch min down to a 12inch where you keep a better ratio male to female
agreed...bruh.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'm not much of a public speaker, but given time and google scholar, I can frame a decent scientific viewpoint.

I've corresponded with Jason Adriance in the past, and I could probably put together a decent case that there simply is not much scientific data showing the need to impose such a drastically lower limit on tripletail.

However, I think the bigger danger to LDWF is setting the precedent of managing by public opinion without sound scientific data. If Draconian regulations can be imposed without valid scientific support, then why will the legislature ever bother to spend the extra $$$ for good science to get the data?

W said it well. A decade from now, we'll all be wondering what happened when there are plenty of fish and we're wondering why the limit is 3 specks and one redfish.

If we want fisheries that suck as bad as Texas and Florida, then we should copy their regulations!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

MG is on Fiya!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
Left them *****es when they tried to ban bow fishing because they claimed it would decline the redfish population!
On my side of the state the bow fishing is rather popular, and we compared numbers of reds cought by rod n reel by charters, and fish shot by charters boats, and it was an easy 90% more fish harvested leaning toward rod n reel!
It's just something the didn't approve of, and thought they would go after!
They got it smeared back in their face when they didn't have the proper proof to back their claim and dropped out of the debate!
What an embarrassment and group of deusch bags!
Man I help fight that battle... It was a hard fight but great win!!! We had a good group of guides and supporters! CCA and I'm not going to mention a name which he is gone now but that was the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard what they spread and made up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk