SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258
Default cell phone providers

Whats everyones opinions on the best cell providers. Best pricing,best coverage, pros,cons etc. Personally, I have been with cingular(att) since I had my first big big "suitcase bag phone" Service and coverage have always been pretty good until the 3g came along. Ive had more dropped calls and problems since this new high-tech 3g service has gotten here. Just kinda wondering if theres anything better before I hafta sign another 2 year contract.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

at&t is wat i prefer cause i love the iphone..i think its the greatest invention since fishing reels..att has great service i think...and you always have a small computer on you if you need one...
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
at&t is wat i prefer cause i love the iphone..i think its the greatest invention since fishing reels..att has great service i think...and you always have a small computer on you if you need one...

hows your reception,signal stregnth,and call drops?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM
King Mackeral

man its really good..i live over here south of New Orleans ya know and i dont usually have problems until i get about 10-15 miles offshore..out of venice..
Old 10-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Ling

We must have more dead spots over here or something. I thought maybe it was just my phone,but both my brother and brother in-law have different phones and they have quite a few dropped calls just like me.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

I have been with cingular since my first cell phone (not the suitcase kind tho, I aint that old yet.......LOL) And really dont have any problems dropped calls at all. I really cant remember the last time i had a call drop out.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_slayer View Post
I have been with cingular since my first cell phone (not the suitcase kind tho, I aint that old yet.......LOL) And really dont have any problems dropped calls at all. I really cant remember the last time i had a call drop out.
what kinda phone do you have?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I have a Blackberry with Nextel and it's not often that I don't have a good signal. I have the unlimited everything plan and only pay like $120 a month. My wife has AT&T and has nothing but problems with their phones and service, as do 2 of the guys I work with.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default AT&T

Have att and have lots of problems w/ dropped calls and lately have problems connecting when i dial out. don't hear a ring ,phone says connected and other person can hear me but i can't hear them.
call att and they say just reboot the phone. getting tired of rebooting.
don't text or need media so i just have samsung flip phone.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
man its really good..i live over here south of New Orleans ya know and i dont usually have problems until i get about 10-15 miles offshore..out of venice..
North or south venice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
Whats everyones opinions on the best cell providers. Best pricing,best coverage, pros,cons etc. Personally, I have been with cingular(att) since I had my first big big "suitcase bag phone" Service and coverage have always been pretty good until the 3g came along. Ive had more dropped calls and problems since this new high-tech 3g service has gotten here. Just kinda wondering if theres anything better before I hafta sign another 2 year contract.

I have ATT and i always have dropped calls. If it werent fo rme working offshore i wouldnt have AT&T, I would have Centennial. My phone bill was decent and I always had servive except in the gulf. With AT&T i always loose signal, i sometimes gotta restart my phone to get signal, and I always get dropped calls.

Its Obamas fault....
Old 10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Ling

do yall find the dropped calls are worse now that they went to 3g?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
do yall find the dropped calls are worse now that they went to 3g?

I find they are worse now that NObama is in office.

Someone said that its because that NObama uses AT&T, and when he gets on the phone, AT&T shuts the system down for security reasons.. I dont know how much I beleive that tho.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

We have Sprint. I had Centennial until Rita. When I was working in Cameron after the hurricane, I could 't get a signal unless I was in downtown Cameron.
With Sprint, I can get a signal in all of lower Cameron Parish, even in Holly Beach, where no other companies have any signal. In Holly Beach, you are on an offshore tower, at $4/minute.
Centennial was a great company for monthly cost. It was the cheapest we could find. We don't have any fancy phones. But their customer service sux so bad in the Lake Charles area. If I had a problem, I went to the store and they wanted to charge me for anything I needed fixing. If I wanted to change something, they wanted me to sign a contract to add another 2 years to my service. I would call their customer service in Arizona and get what I wanted for no charge. I will not deal with them ever again.
So far, with Sprint, I don't have any issues with customer service. I deal with a small Sprint dealer on Prien Lake Rd. and the girl who works in that store is from Cameron. Us Cameron folks get along good. She is very helpful to me and my wife.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

i have att cuz i have the iphone, service is decent.

i drop a few calls, but i think it may be because they are constantly adding services and there are SSOOOOOO many people that use iphones
Old 10-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

we use AT&T and have for years...we do also have some problems with them dropping calls or can call out, no one can call in or vice versa...we get irritated with them sometimes, but we know they will be unleashing UVerse in the next couple of years, so we are gonna stick it out...they will only be getting better in the years to come with the aquisition of Centinnial and other business ventures that are currently underway... they work where other service providers can't, as in the lake or the woods around our area, so that in and of itself is reason enough to stay...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
King Mackeral

[quote=CatDaddy;66900]North or south venice?

mm deff south of venice that'll put me about 2 miles or so out from southwest pass...wats so funny though?
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 PM
King Mackeral

[quote=Hopedale Hustler;67036]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddy View Post
North or south venice?

mm deff south of venice that'll put me about 2 miles or so out from southwest pass...wats so funny though?

Just going along with the whole "north or south venice" joke..

I asked Jordan about a bar once that i thought was in "north" venice, and he been picking on me since..
Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

my company just switched from at&t to verizon.. and lets just say now everyone wants at&t back.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Quote:
what kinda phone do you have?

Samsung Eternity
Old 10-26-2009, 02:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Sprint sucks so bad I can't even tell you. You have to be in a town somewhere for it to work. I hated them. I switched to AT&T and I am so much happier. With Sprint, I couldn't use my phone at my lease, or Kisatchie where I hunt, or red river where I hunt. AT&T works in all those places now.