SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 851
Default When we say no fly, we mean it

What's y'all's opinion on us sending 110 Tomahawks to Libya? I say way past due. I just wish Ahmadinejad would do some 'saber rattleing' right now. We could go for the Mid-eastern trifecta...
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Way past due? George washington said don't get involved in overseas affairs. That's something we should pay attention to. I don't see the need...let the radicals kill each other of, then we can take whats left. I guess they had it comeing. I am ok with this as long as there are no American foot soldiers on the ground for a long time. This is nothing we need to get involved in. Don't let the media fool you.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

I say let them S.O.B.'s just kill each other we have enough problems and debt stateside . Regardless though I support our troops and respect the selflessness they have to protect us
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: 763

Just going to add to the unrest, and we always seem to pick the wrong side. So now we are helping AlQaeda
That should have some interesting results
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

Last week Kadhafi said if anyone interfered with their civil war, he was gonna start shooting down commercial airliners over the Mediteranean. I would take that as a threat to all countries. Lest we forget, he took responsibility for the Pan Am Flight 103 downing and bombing the nightclub full of American soldiers in Berlin (1986). Payback time....

Last edited by Zachary Boy; 03-20-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Not our business. Its civil war, let em duke it out. We are stretched too thin. We helped the Afghans (Taliban) against Russia, look where that got us. If Gadafhi steps down or is ran out, then who will take control? I doubt it will be some peace-loving democracy over there ever. People over there have fought all their lives, let em keep it up and lets stay out of it
Old 03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Amen, duckbutter! We have our own problems to deal with!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:45 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Boy View Post
Last week Kadhafi said if anyone interfered with their civil war, he was gonna start shooting down commercial airliners over the Mediteranean. I would take that as a threat to all countries. Lest we forget, he took responsibility for the Pan Am Flight 103 downing and bombing the nightclub full of American soldiers in Berlin (1986). Payback time....
x2....
Old 03-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I had thought France and England had it covered........Obama said that we would be leading the air strikes, but handing over the leadership roll no later than next week......apparently no other country can do what we can with the missiles.......

Its about time another country steps up to the plate
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I had thought France and England had it covered........Obama said that we would be leading the air strikes, but handing over the leadership roll no later than next week......apparently no other country can do what we can with the missiles.......

No matter what, the US will still catch all the blame though. We should stay far away from this. Gadafhi is a nutjob for sure, but if he was not in 'control', muslim extremists may have a shot at it, and there we go again. Yes, he has been a thorn in the side for the US at times, but we are gonna stir up a wasp nest over there, even more than we have already. Let em fight, let England and France police it if they want, they are much closer to them. If they want the SOB gone, we could have sniped him a long time ago. We took out Saddam and look what is happening. Saddam had total control over that country he ruled with an iron fist, same with Gadafhi, no problems out of 'his' people. Take em out and the crazies start coming out the woodwork, and no matter how much good the US does over there, most of them still hate us, so screw em all. If we would just freaking drill our own oil, we would not ever even have to take a phone call from one of those bass terds over there.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post

I think they just want us to pay for the missiles. The cruise missiles costs in excess of $500,000 each. We just spent over 56 million to kill 48 Libyans.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfStar View Post
I think they just want us to pay for the missiles. The cruise missiles costs in excess of $500,000 each. We just spent over 56 million to kill 48 Libyans.
Good point

Gadafhi's son was just interviewed and he said he could not believe the US (said Obama specifically ) would be involved in this he thought we were allies He was then asked if his dad was gonna step down. He said that was ridiculous because people want him there! He went on to say that the people trying to oust him are terrorists!

This raises a few points though, there are people giving their lives for this man and they are not in the Libyan armed forces. People in the streets are carrying signs and chanting for him. These 'rebels' as they are being called want to oust him and are asking for more weapons instead of air strikes. This is gonna get tricky. Give em weapons and we are now siding with the rebels. We already are I know, but still. Almost starting to sound like our dealings with the Taliban. This is not gonna be a quick war, it will last as civil wars do. Gadafhi promises a long war. When we went into Afghanistan, everyone thought we would go right in and get out quick. Iraq the same thing. Remember when we sent in all those air strikes and it was announced that 'major fighting had ceased'. We are still there fighting with people we have no business fighting with Take out the bad guys, but get in and get out let those people sort it out, they will still hate us in the long run no matter what we do
Old 03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Hmmmmm,
We are taking out dictators in the arab world. Notice none of these dictators are muslim. wanna bet who the POTUS will want to help take controll of these countrys????
Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Hmmmmm,
We are taking out dictators in the arab world. Notice none of these dictators are muslim. wanna bet who the POTUS will want to help take controll of these countrys????
I will take muslims for one thousand Alex
Old 03-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 437

I am for it as long as we hit hard and fast. Don't need to send in ground troops. Just hit it hard and run. Like when I was single.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerfarmer View Post
I am for it as long as we hit hard and fast. Don't need to send in ground troops. Just hit it hard and run. Like when I was single.

My life story.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
My life story.
You aint old enough to have a life story.
maybe a puberty story.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,560

best watch out fool or you'll be slowin' down and walking with a lil un...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

I am for it as long as I hit hard and fast. Don't need to send in ground troops. Just hit it hard and run. Like when I was single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
My life story.

Sounds like you have things well in hand. J/J
Old 03-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
best watch out fool or you'll be slowin' down and walking with a lil un...

If ya gunna hump, cover ya stump.

Had an old man tell me that...Funny but true