SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965
Default Slime Time

Hit the Sabine jetties this morning with a different program in mind. Daughter #1 and I were on a gafftop mission. I know the Texas guy gafftop jokes are coming, so bring em on. We just wanted to see if she could get on the STAR leader board with something. Well, she is on it now. 3rd and 4th place gafftops. We are gonna try again for first place soon. We had a ball and caught a bunch of medium sized black tips along with the slimers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000472.jpg (64.7 KB, 313 views)
Old 06-16-2012, 07:42 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,862

Cool.....way to go.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Dont worry...Im going for the 1500 dollar Academy Card for biggest Sheephead....Im on a mission next week.....Dead SKRIMPS
Old 06-16-2012, 07:47 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Dont worry...Im going for the 1500 dollar Academy Card for biggest Sheephead....Im on a mission next week.....Dead SKRIMPS
pics or it didn't happen
Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

winning is winning !!
Good job
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Hate to be a kill joy but you need to remove this pic. Sharks have a size limit of like 54" or somewhere around there last time I checked. Don't wanna get caught by deputy green jeans
Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 980

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Hate to be a kill joy but you need to remove this pic. Sharks have a size limit of like 54" or somewhere around there last time I checked. Don't wanna get caught by deputy green jeans
i think its only 24"
Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Ya'll are keeping me busy tonight. From the LDWF web site. Page 21.

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
Other Sharks
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
(EXCEPT
prohibited, silky and
sandbar)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]6

54” min fork length
1 in aggregate per vessel per trip -
possession. No silky or sandbar
sharks or prohibited species.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Old 06-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Ya'll are keeping me busy tonight. From the LDWF web site. Page 21.

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
Other Sharks
(EXCEPT
prohibited, silky and
sandbar)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]6

54” min fork length
1 in aggregate per vessel per trip -
possession. No silky or sandbar
sharks or prohibited species.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Gerald. What about in Texas? Mr Crab is from Texas and was maybe fishing the Texas side.

Now you can be even busy'r
Old 06-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Gerald. What about in Texas? Mr Crab is from Texas and was maybe fishing the Texas side.

Now you can be even busy'r
Looks like you are not busy..... find it yourself.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Sailfish

Ok.... I gave you 15 min. to post. This is for Texas.

Statewide Bag and Length Limits for Saltwater FishSpeciesDaily BagLength in Inches
(Minimum-Maximum) Amberjack, Greater1 34 — No limit Bass: striped, its hybrids and subspecies 5
(in any combination)
18 — No limit Catfish: channel and blue catfish,
their hybrids and subspecies 25
(in any combination) 12 — No limit Catfish, flathead 5 18 — No limit Catfish, gafftopsail No limit 14 — No limit Cobia 2 37 — No limit Drum, black a 5 14 — 30 a Drum, red b3 20 — 28 b Flounder: all species, their hybrids and subspeciesc 5/2 c
(in any combination) 14 — No limit c Gar, alligator 1No limit — No limit Grouper, gag222 — No limitGrouper, goliath (formerly called Jewfish) 0 Catch and release only Mackerel, king 2 27 — No limit Mackerel, Spanish 15 14 — No limit Marlin, blue No limit 131 — No limit Marlin, white No limit 86 — No limit Mullet: all species, their hybrids
and subspecies dNo limit No limit — 12 d (during Oct., Nov., Dec. & Jan.) Sailfish No limit 84 — No limit Seatrout, spotted10
See special regulation e below for Lower Laguna Madre15 — 25 f

Sharks • Atlantic sharpnose, blacktip, bonnethead 1
See special regulation g below 24" min.— No limit •

other allowable shark species 64"min. — No limit • prohibited species h0Catch and release only

Sheepshead 5 15 —No limitSnapper, lane No limit 8 — No limit Snapper, red i4 15 — No limit Snapper, vermilion No limit 10 — No limit Snook 1 24 — 28 Tarpon1 85 — no limitTriggerfish, gray2016— No limit Tripletail3 17 — no limit
a Black drum: No more than one black drum over 52 inches may be retained per person per day and counts as part of the daily bag and possession limit.
b Red drum special regulation: During a license year, one red drum over the stated maximum length limit may be retained when affixed with a properly completed Red Drum Tag and one red drum over the stated maximum length limit may be retained when affixed with a properly completed Bonus Red Drum Tag. Any fish retained under authority of a Red Drum Tag or a Bonus Red Drum Tag may be retained in addition to the daily bag and possession limit as stated in this section.
c Flounder special regulation: Daily bag is 5 fish except for the period Nov. 1-30 when the daily bag is 2 fish and flounder may be taken only by pole and line. Possession limit is equal to the daily bag..
d Mullet: May not take from public waters, or possess on board a boat, mullet over 12 inches during October, November, December, and January. No limits apply during other months.
e Spotted Seatrout Special Regulation: For the Lower Laguna Madre, the daily bag limit and the possession limit shall be 5 fish in all inside waters south of marker 21 located inside the area known as the Land Cut. Inside waters are all bays, inlets, outlets, passes, rivers, streams, and other bodies of water landward from the shoreline of the state along the Gulf of Mexico and contiguous to, or connected with, but not a part of, the Gulf of Mexico and within which the tide regularly rises and falls. </STRONG>
f Spotted Seatrout: No more than one spotted seatrout over the stated maximum length may be retained per person per day and counts as part of the daily bag and possession limit.
g Special Regulation: the daily bag limit is 1 fish for all allowable shark species including Atlantic sharpnose, blacktip, and bonnethead.
h Prohibited shark species: Atlantic angel, Basking Bigeye sand tiger, Bigeye sixgill, Bigeye thresher, Bignose, Caribbean reef, Caribbean sharpnose, Dusky, Galapagos, Longfin mako, Narrowtooth, Night, Sandbar, Sand tiger, Sevengill, Silky, Sixgill, Smalltail, Whale, and White.
i Red snapper may be taken using pole and line, but it is unlawful to use any kind of hook other than a circle hook.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Looks like you are not busy..... find it yourself.
Thanks Gerald, I'm at work and using my phone. That would have taken me until Monday night to compile.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:21 AM
King Mackeral

Yeah. We kept 2 blacktips, and we were definitely on the Texas side of he rocks hiding from the sustained 15-20mph east wind. Didn't measure them, but they were at least 3 footers. Even a "baby" blacktip usually meets the 24 inch minimum because of the tail fork length being so long. Fried em up last night. Go figure......Texas has tighter regulations on almost every species except shark.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Fried blacktip is the best fish I ever eatin IMO. I know some will disagree but I'd take it over trout, trigger, triple, sacalait...all of em. I loved it
Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Fried blacktip is the best fish I ever eatin IMO. I know some will disagree but I'd take it over trout, trigger, triple, sacalait...all of em. I loved it
Good stuff for sure. They are real easy to catch this time of year too. My daughter caught one on a chartreuse gulp last week.