SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
and i just made chocolate / peanut butter / banana milk shakes for my family..... it is gonna turn us all into chocoholic's.... who live in rabbit holes.

so what are you trying to say?
Life is good.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemacpaul View Post
Hi simple. You don't have a buddy in the Pentagon, you never had this conversation and you're acting immature to make your point. You tell the truth, I'll tell the truth. I'll debate your point with you if you want to be honest.

Yea, that's me.......my credibility is always in question here.........you ............are in way over your head........
Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Duckman, you need to nip this in the bud right now, call Walton and Johnston and Hannity or somebody. This is how it starts, they start speaking Spanish and the next thing you know they start serving tacos and enchiladas in the lunchroom. I have already seen it at my sons school. All they serve is foreign foods like pizza and lasagna and spaghetti. Only American food they have is hamburgers and they serve that with FRENCH FRIES Even heard they have breakfast burritos at some of these McDonalds and Sonics.

We are moving out of here because just the other day there were these old men in this store and they were speaking French, we told em this is America homeboys, you speak American here not French. Then we went to a nice place to eat and they had all these foreign words on the menu like beignets and au jus, and if that ain't enough to make a man lose his cool, they had this old man on one of them there accordians singing 'American Pie' in French

Y'all keep thinking this isn't happening but I seent it with my own two eyes. Its happening boys, its happening.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Ling

and what the heck is this foreign holiday Mardi Gras or whatever they call it? My son told me they don't have school for two days because they are out for some holiday, them foreigners can kiss my butt trying to force their holidays on us. Last I heard we ain't French anymore

sarcasm font
[ON] [OFF]

Last edited by Duck Butter; 02-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Duckman, you need to nip this in the bud right now, call Walton and Johnston and Hannity or somebody. This is how it starts, they start speaking Spanish and the next thing you know they start serving tacos and enchiladas in the lunchroom. I have already seen it at my sons school. All they serve is foreign foods like pizza and lasagna and spaghetti. Only American food they have is hamburgers and they serve that with FRENCH FRIES Even heard they have breakfast burritos at some of these McDonalds and Sonics.

We are moving out of here because just the other day there were these old men in this store and they were speaking French, we told em this is America homeboys, you speak American here not French. Then we went to a nice place to eat and they had all these foreign words on the menu like beignets and au jus, and if that ain't enough to make a man lose his cool, they had this old man on one of them there accordians singing 'American Pie' in French

Y'all keep thinking this isn't happening but I seent it with my own two eyes. Its happening boys, its happening.
But....But.....Raymond said that French people have assimilated to American culture..
Old 02-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
But....But.....Raymond said that French people have assimilated to American culture..
has the term 'draconian sanctions' been used yet?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
has the term 'draconian sanctions' been used yet?
yes... just now.. once...
Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Damn it. I leave you boys alone for a few hours and it all goes straight to hell.lol. Ole vince sure seems to know a lot about everyone.
DB that was some funny stuff.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 721

I was just thinking about the scene from Ron burgandy anchorman that escalated fast ! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
The most important things any of us can do when we are raising our kids is to teach them how to be good people.

Some of the core responsibilities of a "good" person in my opinion are.

1) curiosity / a desire and ability to learn

2) tolerance / you must tolerate those different from you so that you can learn from them

3) persistance / the drive to keep going

4) positive attitude/ Can do attitude.

5) critical thinking / how to think for themselves, not just go with the flow.
All good stuff. But for me (as a parent and a teacher), conscience comes first.

If a student has an issue of conscience with something, then they need to be free not to participate. Maybe it's a song, maybe sex ed, maybe a movie, maybe a play. In this case, it was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish.

We need to protect our children's consciences against intrusions. How can we expect them to resist peer pressure that violates their consciences if we don't support them against governmental (school) pressure that violates their consciences?

Freedom of speech is also freedom not to speak, just as freedom of religion is freedom not to, and freedom of assembly is freedom not to.

My daughter ended up with an "F" for the semester in a course once because she exercised her conscience with regard to a reading assignment. My wife and I were fired from our positions as teachers at the school, because we would not force her to violate her conscience.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
All good stuff. But for me (as a parent and a teacher), conscience comes first.

If a student has an issue of conscience with something, then they need to be free not to participate. Maybe it's a song, maybe sex ed, maybe a movie, maybe a play. In this case, it was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish.

We need to protect our children's consciences against intrusions. How can we expect them to resist peer pressure that violates their consciences if we don't support them against governmental (school) pressure that violates their consciences?

Freedom of speech is also freedom not to speak, just as freedom of religion is freedom not to, and freedom of assembly is freedom not to.

My daughter ended up with an "F" for the semester in a course once because she exercised her conscience with regard to a reading assignment. My wife and I were fired from our positions as teachers at the school, because we would not force her to violate her conscience.
it just got real.......
Old 02-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
it just got real.......
Lol why is that.

I think we are all basically in agreement, basically we all support duckmans son making a decision that he feels good about. However i think we all also generally agree that he should be encouraged to expand his horizons, in particular if he is willing he should be encouraged to participate in this activity. Becoming more multicultural and tolerant will only help the young man in the future.

If however we are talking about "forcing" him, against his wishes... then i don't think anyone here thinks that is really a good idea.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Ling

What I mean is.....many many people have a stand.......very few are convicted enough to lose a job over it.........

I myself have been fired twice......but vermiculite may not believe me
Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633
FlagUS

at the end of the day, the young man is an American reciting the pledge of allegiance..it don't matter what language he says it in
Old 02-25-2014, 12:32 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
at the end of the day, the young man is an American reciting the pledge of allegiance..it don't matter what language he says it in
If it matters to him, it matters to me.

Schools should not force diversity down students' throats against their will.

Freedom of speech is meaningless unless it includes freedom to remain silent.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Vermiculite... That was good for an early laugh, thanks Peddler!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Sailfish

Jon Stewart makes point
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393329122088.jpg (81.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

^^ I watched that. Great stuff. Guess that makes me a libtard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Ling

My boss invited me to his camp for what he called a couchon de lait and then we were going to catch sacaulait or something like that. I told him hell no I won't go and a matter of fact he can shove this job where the sun don't shine because this is America and we speak American amirite
Old 02-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
My boss invited me to his camp for what he called a couchon de lait and then we were going to catch sacaulait or something like that. I told him hell no I won't go and a matter of fact he can shove this job where the sun don't shine because this is America and we speak American amirite
amen brother preach it!!