SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 653
Default Cypremort Point

Hey Guys, World Famous Cap'n Theo here to give you the latest report from Cypremort Point. Went down to the shed to pick up oh SlugBugger II, which is our 23ft Hydrosport, in hopes of catching some pretty righteous specs and reds. After a great day on the SlugBugger II yesterday, fishing around the Key Blanche Chet area, the crew and I decided to head back towards the Ten Mile Island territorial region again. Destination was Callishaw Cove, located approx 20 min east of Dime Reef. Don't get it mixed up with Nickel Reef. I decided to take my shortcut through Shrimpy Sand Reef, when low and behold, I ran right up on Shrimpy. Kip was ejected from the boat, but to our amazement neither the boat nor the equipment appeared to be damaged. Oh yeah, Kip was alright too! HaHa, just picking buddy. We arrived at Callishaw Cove around 6:40 A.M excited to throw out that first cast. Right off the bat Steve hooked up with about a 3lb speckle, and we knew the day was going to be good. But what we didn't know is that ole SlugBugger II had taken a turn for the worst. While we had thought everything was just fine with SlugBugger, come to find out, we had gouged a pretty nice hole in him. There was no other choice but to start heading on in. Steve volunteered first to start bailing the boat out and Kip was second. Lucky for me, it was my boat, so I didn't have to bail at all. Thank God, because Kip and Steve worked like wild jungle cats chasing after baby impalas. We got to Quintana Landing around 2:20pm this afternoon because we were forced to idle the whole way home. Well I'm pretty exhausted, guess it will be a while before ole SlugBugger II is back in action. But if we end up taking Kip or Steve's boat tomorrow I'll be sure to give you guys the update. Wish you guys better luck than we had. World Famous Cap'n Theodore O'Rambis signing off!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Wow that sucks
thanks for the report. I plan on heading that way this weekend
Old 09-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Now that's a wild report! I'm tryin to find the nautical charts that list the names of those hot spots of yours.........just kiddin'

What happen to your bilge pumps on that boat???? Couldn't keep up?

Better luck next trip and please post another report!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

pics of damage please
Old 09-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,188

dude

great story

gotta have pics

expecially of ejection//ejection not good

hole in boat not good

but funny *****\\\boats n hoes
Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Redfish

Cash: 977

According to the map I have, the entire area to the east of diamond reef is very shallow... that area is between diamond reef and mound point(includes mound point). and runs 2-3 miles south from the marsh island coast..... map note says, "fishing can be very good in that area, but also very dangerous". If you were 20 minutes east of diamond reef, you were in the thick of it.