SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Yes we ***** on here but don't think for one minute I don't voice my concerns to WL&F and CCA
I have many emails, letters and calls to everyone over the last 5 years

I will keep me and Davids conversation private but he knows what we want and we want actions two years ago fast!!

He also knows the value of us who are out here year around vs ones who are not.

I don't need to pay $60 to go to a banquet full of people who are there for one reason only Free Beer (only reason I ever went)

Now if they would let me speak I would be there in a heart beat but they don't want the public to know the real issues on hand

well why dont you go grab the mic and start talking about issues on hand until someone kicks you out?

that will not only be great entertainment while i drink my beer, but also be very informative to the blind..
Old 04-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Speck M

Well Said.. My sentiments exactly....

IF all the haters would Get off their Azz and Stop Bit_hin.. We MAYBE ABLE TO GET SOMETHING DONE..

Oysters, Channel, Weirs, Etc.. ALL ARE VALID CONCERNS.. BIT_H ing on SC doesn't accomplish anything...
Paying money to join an organization that doesn't do "D"I""C"K" but frat around and shake hands and act like they know what's going on doesn't either.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
you think if you make a big enough stink you will still get ignored?
No, at some point I'd be asked to leave or arrested for trespassing, disorderly conduct, etc.

But they's still have my $60 to use against Louisiana anglers and to restore oyster reefs in Texas.

Notice CCA has largely chosen to disengage on public forums where there is a level playing field and they cannot exercise editorial control over opposing views.

LA Sportsman and Salty Cajun have a much larger audience than will be in attendance at their $60 a head fund raiser. They want your money, not your views.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 479
Default A few answer

First, the Galaxy Tourney is real and has been in the works for over seven years. We have a ten year, five year, and three plan. Our three year business plans were alter greatly with BP Oil Spill.

Second, sorry, but I forgot to mention that guides will be allowed to fish. I also forgot to mention that if a tagged fish is caught while a "special needs" person is in your group, $5,000.00 will be added to your tagged value.

Third, for those who suggest we speak as one, please note that we are actually trying to obtain one voice and that is the very purpose of the Galaxy. We will do way with the CCA of Louisiana as it is now, because it has no respect from public officials in Washington and Baton Rouge. Thus, once we take away any incentive to fish the STAR, the CCA falls or in other words, it is eaten by a Galaxy. Then a new group can become a legitimate voice for ALL recreational fishermen. This group, whoever wishes to be invovld wil be invited, membership will be free and open, no executive sessions will be had, updates will be emailed on a daily basis, no private meetings will be conducted, any positions within the membership will be fully voted on by all members and not one salary will ever be paid to its members. Just image what a force that group could be in state and federal decisions effecting peoples recreational rights.

Finally, biggun. I have told you many times, I am not obligated to give you the names of anything, nor would I do so in that certain privileges would be violated. However, once the Galaxy is formed, everything will be open to public viewing in person, online or any other means available, and all prospective prize money will be placed in escrow for future payment of said prizes. Unlike CCA and its few fans, some people do not want to be recognized or named for what they do for the good of others. In fact, I had to go to great lengths just to be able to post what I posted earlier.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Man I really applaud your actual doing something, but the Galaxy? kinda sounds like the STAR. How bout some originality? And why try and derail CCA and divide sportsmen, why not just do your own thing and leave CCA out of it, no need to knock them while you are trying to gain support. There is no need to base your entire organization on the bashing of another Good luck
Old 04-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Why pay $60 a head to be ignored?

CCA has proven in the past to be insensitive to our concerns, to use member's money to lobby for more restrictive regulations, lobby for increased license fees, and fund expensive restoration projects in Texas.

Your logic is like passing a bill to see what's in it. CCA should prove their commitment to data driven conservation and proportional use of funds for projects in Louisiana before we give them more money.
1,000% agree

all these CCA boosters are flipping the same tired line "give us your money, then we can talk about your concerns" its all a con game and they run it very well because the average uninformed fisherman still thinks CCA is working FOR us instead of AGAINST us.

the word is getting out and that is why they have guys on the payroll who come to these forums to defend them with lies and false promises trying to keep people from learning the true facts about what the CCA is really doing.

CCA has its place in doing the things they are willing to do like reef building and planting grass but they need to just stop with all the lies about being on the side of fishermen because history has shown that is NOT the case.

if you want reefs built and further unwarranted restrictions on your ability to catch fish then support CCA, if not then actively work to convince anyone who isn't aware of it, just how harmful to fishermens rights continuing to support CCA can be.

so here it is CCA and its supporters, stop telling us you are on the side of fishermen while you are actively stripping away our rights without any science based reason to do so.

no one believes the fat man eating a box of doughnuts while he is telling you that he is on a diet and likewise no one believes your just as obvious lies CCA
Old 04-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

IMO the organization needs to cease to exist and another take its place. The name Galaxy ehhh maybe not but thus far I like what this guy has to say. But ill wait till I see some action. Sounds very promising tho.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Man I really applaud your actual doing something, but the Galaxy? kinda sounds like the STAR. How bout some originality? And why try and derail CCA and divide sportsmen, why not just do your own thing and leave CCA out of it, no need to knock them while you are trying to gain support. There is no need to base your entire organization on the bashing of another Good luck
that's the whole point

and as to why attack CCA, he already answered that in his previous post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FLa View Post

Is our goal to destroy CCA-Yes

Why--We spend a whole bunch of money to support recreational fishermen to only be setback by the likes of CCA-Louisiana.

What Next--Form a legitmate group of concern individuals, throughout the gulf coast who actually support the rights of ALL recreational fishermen, not a choosen few.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Ling

I foresee Galaxy vs STAR commercial, should try and get George Lucas to direct it and find some hairy dude to pose as Chewbacca
Old 04-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
well why dont you go grab the mic and start talking about issues on hand until someone kicks you out?

that will not only be great entertainment while i drink my beer, but also be very informative to the blind..
I'm kinda w Cgoods here. I'm sure you would get kicked out though, but it might be worth your 60 bucks if you can inform 500 people on these issues.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
I'm kinda w Cgoods here. I'm sure you would get kicked out though, but it might be worth your 60 bucks if you can inform 500 people on these issues.

Stand out in the parking lot and pass out fliers with all the info on it. You know, kind of like a peaceful protest. I'll make sure I grab one from you and read it while I'm walking in with my free ticket and to drink my free beer.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I'll join today 3FLA

Oh and I'm still waitin on my sticker
I'm with 3FLA too.

Oh and lmao, I'm sure Raymond has been ordered by his CCA higher authorities to quit posting on this site. Now that people want stickers, we haven't heard from him, not even on a dog training thread.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Raymond like to hang with high society people, he enjoys what our Lake has to offer but no balls to stand up and defend it and make things happen... but sit tight
Old 04-30-2014, 03:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Stand out in the parking lot and pass out fliers with all the info on it. You know, kind of like a peaceful protest. I'll make sure I grab one from you and read it while I'm walking in with my free ticket and to drink my free beer.
This kind of approach to spreading information may be effective. Too bad no one thought of it in time to have an informative flyer in place. Also, one would need to double check the legality in the parking lot of the venue. Finally, while an audience of 500 would make the effort of writing, publishing, and distributing worthwhile, an audience of 100-200 would probably not. Anyone got reliable attendance numbers on this? It should definitely be considered for the next rodeo.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckmeister View Post
"W"....I don't drink at these anymore.
But when I was your age, I must admit that I certainly did.
But I also made some good deals on fishing tackle etc., and I was also there to sit with friends.
Now in the old days there were speakers who were scientists, guides etc.

I think that they should still do this. Let a few biologists, guides, crabbers speak. They should also talk about their agenda, what is on it, and where the money is being spent.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Raymond last activity was 4-11-14 he has logged out!!

But he does post on 2cool all the time
Old 04-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
This kind of approach to spreading information may be effective. Too bad no one thought of it in time to have an informative flyer in place. Also, one would need to double check the legality in the parking lot of the venue. Finally, while an audience of 500 would make the effort of writing, publishing, and distributing worthwhile, an audience of 100-200 would probably not. Anyone got reliable attendance numbers on this? It should definitely be considered for the next rodeo.
I believe there is closer to 500 than 100-200. Maybe even more than 500.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Raymond like to hang with high society people, he enjoys what our Lake has to offer but no balls to stand up and defend it and make things happen... but sit tight
never met the dude in my life, but I know he stands up and makes things happen as he is an active volunteer with CCA, thats what making things happen means (volunteering your time towards something you believe in, in this case its conservation). He also took the high road and chose to not continue, probably eating away at him not to respond to the attacks by posters on a message board
Old 04-30-2014, 07:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
The private vs public waterways dispute? fo real? We have millions of acres in Louisiana to fish, no need fishing on top of someone elses' private property. Yes, its private property. That was once land that is now water but the bottom is still owned by the original landowner. Navigable water does not = you have a right to fish/hunt there. This has already been decided by a judge. Its illegal, the landowner has every right to keep people off his property (yes you can own water in Louisiana) Do you really think you have a right to go and fish in someone's backyard if their home floods? Its navigable. Do you think that when the MS River floods you should be able to go and duck hunt in the flooded timber on someone else's property?

this may need a thread on its own, even though its been beat to death

Keep up the good fight with the other issues though, this one shouldn't be on the list though
Well ur full of $heet!! There are many waterways that were never once land. And if ur gonna ban the public from it, then u best find a way to also keep the publics resource out of it as well!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
never met the dude in my life, but I know he stands up and makes things happen as he is an active volunteer with CCA, thats what making things happen means (volunteering your time towards something you believe in, in this case its conservation). He also took the high road and chose to not continue, probably eating away at him not to respond to the attacks by posters on a message board
If restricting recreational fisherman's rights without one shred of scientific data is what you mean by making things happen then I wish he would just stop making "things" happen