SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Same thing happens with ppl who cut grass for a living.... ppl see other ppl doing it and so they try it... THen they start making good money.... get more clients.... quit their jobs... make 3x the money their normal jobs used to pay them.
I'm glad you have a $2500 mowing business to compare it to. Would you be interested in buying a collision center? I know where there's one for sale!
Old 10-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

BTW, I'm glad that you got your quad back with no damage. They've been stealing a bunch of em around our area and, to date, I don't know that any of them have been returned. Mowers have been suffering the same.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'm glad you have a $2500 mowing business to compare it to. Would you be interested in buying a collision center? I know where there's one for sale!
I dont have one... but i know alot of ppl who do... One of them cuts the grass here @ westlake poly.... he gets paid 1/4 mill a year for this one job.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
Probably because the tow truck company and the sherriff's department have some sort of "deal" so that anytime the sherriff's office can give the tow truck company an opportunity to rip someone's eyeballs out they jump on it!

Tow truck companies are ruthless and not just a "private owned company trying to make a living." There are plenty of other ways to make a living that allows you to keep your morals intact and not thrive off of spending your whole day looking to ruin someone's day by towing their truck, most of the time when it isnt even necessary!

I routinely see employees from these companies riding around and looking for someone to tow even though they are parked in an empty parking lot and no one has complained.

Every time I have had the pleasure of dealing with a tow truck company I have been treated with a total lack of respect, felt like I was being robbed, and needed to take a shower when I left! MOST of these guys are lower than meter readers in my book walking around gIvins paring tickets.

I say "Most" because there is obviously room for legitimate tow truck companies for dialed vehicles or when law enforcement arrests someone and needs to tow their vehicle. I guess there could be some tow companies that is ethical and does their work in a LESS SLIMELY manner than most. I surely have not dealt with them yet, though.

P.S.: If anyone on this site works for or owns a tow truck company I am sure you are the exception to the rule and are a stand-up individual.
My neighbor has a tow truck business, there is no deal with any of the law enforcement who are requesting vehicles to be towed, the owner can request a particular company, but when law enforcement calls it in it's done based on a rotation list, that's fact ,His tow rates, storage fees, etc all regulated by LSP. It's a legitimate business that supports a wife & 3 kids.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 10-05-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
$19 is the standard statewide daily storage rate. But $200 to tow a 4 wheeler ? Thats a rip off unless they had to have multiple trucks to get it out of the swamp somewhere.
in my experience anything that falls under the "unusual" as in not a car or truck gets the flat bed price charged weather they use it or not. they will charge the same $200 for a damn motorcycle or riding lawn mower even
Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I'm not sure why everyone is blaming the tow truck here when it never would have happened had these 2 little punks been raised not to run around stealing and vandalizing peoples stuff. I understand the tow fee just adds to the misery, but come on that dude just had a job to do.

Also perhaps a leo can chime in here, could the 4 wheeler had been released to the custody of the neighbor?
Old 10-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Guys, there was another four wheeler stolen last night along with a benelli shotgun.. location was off spanish mission trail in south lake charles.. green foreman with ITP tires.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Redfish

Cash: 794

I'm not blaming the tow company. However it could use a good cleaning up
Old 10-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Cop stopped by the house yesterday. Multiple cars were broken into very recently. Neighborhood east of Queen of Heaven.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
Guys, there was another four wheeler stolen last night along with a benelli shotgun.. location was off spanish mission trail in south lake charles.. green foreman with ITP tires.
They had one stolen the same night one street down on S Lake Court. Those kids were caught. I can only assume these are the same kids that stole the one you speak of. Be sure to look in to it.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
They had one stolen the same night one street down on S Lake Court. Those kids were caught. I can only assume these are the same kids that stole the one you speak of. Be sure to look in to it.
Put the PARENTS in JAIL and the problem will stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!