SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

BBQ > fire house bbq on hwy 16.
seafood> Parrain's Seafood , perkins road
Boudin / head cheese> Jerry lee's ,Greenwell springs road.(also good andoullie and tasso)
Old fashioned Burger> sharron's kitchen plank road ,brownsfield.
seafood buffet> la Fleur's seafood buffet
Chinese buffet> Central buffet
Old 08-23-2013, 04:00 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,833

I love me some Jerry Lee's boudin. But you better get there early because once he runs out you have to wait until the next day..... Or that's how it used to be.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Swordfish

They don't usually run out now
had 3 links for brunch.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

Welcome to TRAS HEY BaToN RoUgE.
The landlord that owns properties next to my properties is finally kicking out the cocane/crackheads.
Going to miss her 3 year old needing milk even though she can afford cigarettes.
Kid got diaper filled with you know what running down street by herself why her birth giver wants to beat up another girl on Heroin. The girl on Heroin who is having a baby by the crackhead birth givers boyfriend can fight so its a knock out drag out fight not scratch and claw contest. Get this the 3 year old baby daddy was also watching the fight also.

Then the Baton Rouge Kiddy Police finally making rounds show up not to break up the fight.
They are blocking their ability to drive down the street patrolling due to they are fighting in the street.
Way Way Way too funny!

TOO BAD YOU NOW CANNOT ENJOY THE SUNDAY AFTERNOON FIGHTS FOR FREE!
CANNOT ENJOY THE FRESH UNOPENDED BEER CANS ON SIDE OF STREET AFTER AN ALL NIGHT PARTY ON MON, TUE, WED, THURS, FRI, SAT, SUN.

IT'S SAD DAY WHEN SUNDAY AFTERNOON FIGHTS WILL BE OVER WITH!, I'M CRYING NOW!

WAY WAY TOO TOO FUNNY!

Oh yeah got to get the grape KoOL-aId out and remember when here a pop hit the ground to miss the bullets flying.

Thuggin It & lovin It Baton Rouge

Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
The landlord that owns properties next to my properties is finally kicking out the cocane/crackheads.
Going to miss her 3 year old needing milk even though she can afford cigarettes.
Kid got diaper filled with you know what running down street by herself why her birth giver wants to beat up another girl on Heroin. The girl on Heroin who is having a baby by the crackhead birth givers boyfriend can fight so its a knock out drag out fight not scratch and claw contest. Get this the 3 year old baby daddy was also watching the fight also.

Then the Baton Rouge Kiddy Police finally making rounds show up not to break up the fight.
They are blocking their ability to drive down the street patrolling due to they are fighting in the street.
Way Way Way too funny!

CANNOT ENJOY THE FRESH UNOPENDED BEER CANS ON SIDE OF STREET AFTER AN ALL NIGHT PARTY ON MON, TUE, WED, THURS, FRI, SAT, SUN.

WAY WAY TOO TOO FUNNY!

Oh yeah got to get the grape KoOL-aId out and remember when here a pop hit the ground to miss the bullets flying.

Thuggin It & Lovin It (DVD About The Streets Of Baton Rouge ) - YouTube
Is moving not an option for you?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:

Way Way Way too funny!

WAY WAY TOO TOO FUNNY!

Where do u live in Br???????
Old 08-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:

Way Way Way too funny!

WAY WAY TOO TOO FUNNY!

BR is a CH IT HOLE....... PERIOD!!!

And the locals throw Sausage made in Canada in a pot of rice with water and act like it is CAJUN FOOD.....
Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post

BR is a CH IT HOLE....... PERIOD!!!

And the locals throw Sausage made in Canada in a pot of rice with water and act like it is CAJUN FOOD.....
It must suck to be stuck in a place you hate and not have options.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
It must suck to be stuck in a place you hate and not have options.

Yes I have options.....this is why I live in Prairieville not trashy br....
Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Flounder

Cash: 685

Albasha on sherwood for greek and lebanese. Tsunami downtown for sushi.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I own property in North Sherwood area and if you combine everything I own outright the properties are worth $750,000.
Now the rental income I bring in is pure profit except for a little bit which I put away for repairs.
Live onsite and manage my places to not only keep them up, but keep Tras hey's out.
I also have my parents in a unit next to me and being that my father and mother have alot of friends who rent from us it is hard to sell out. Plus like yesterday dad had heart problems when I wasn't home his friend who rents from us took him to the hospital.
Any duplex area which is not as bad, condo area in Baton Rouge, or Apartment area is bad after Katrina. Section 8 destroyed this city.

Baton Rouge got to have thick skin and growing up in North Baton Rouge seeing how it was white and when first black family moved in it went down quick I learned at an early age to have thick skin.

Look at Jefferson hwy in 1990's it was good now its slid down the toilet. Newer homes by Springlake off Bluebonnet they are down road from Gardere and smell from sewage treatment plant. Oneal use to be nice then Milton Womack built St Jean Apartments in late 1990 or early 2000's. That place is as bad as area right by Belaire or little Vietnam. Even Vietnamese moved into Sherwood Forest and Broadmore to escape the section 8 people. By LSU you got South Baton Rouge which is colorful. Then you got fairfields blocks from Capital Heights where all young families or single people want to live. My old neighborhood was where whites went when judge Parker started desegregation due to it was outside the city limits. Stupid part is before that Baton Rouge schools were better than Livingston Parish and Ascension Parish Schools. Thanks NAACP and Judge Parker for white flight. The kool-aid drinkers will sooner or later move outside parish to nicer areas to destroy them once apartment complexes need to fill empty units with section 8 people. Now my friends dad has the grade koOL-Aid drinkers in his house looking for a smanwich and Koolz-Aid.

If you live in Baton Rouge unless you live in the Country Club of Louisiana you cannot escape the KoOL-Aidz drinkers. They are coming to destroy a nice neighborhood near you.
You can tell if they are coming when see your Wal-mart not being able to keep up with stocking grape Kool-aid packs and orange drinkz.

Last edited by jlsch1; 08-24-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Great White

My oldest goes to MBS (most blessed sacrament) off old jefferson. It is amazing how in 8 years how that area around the school has went down.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Blue Marlin

If its pure profit couldn't u hire a maintance man and move out of north Br with your parents?
I just bought a house to tear down ( for the land) off ingleside.... A baseballs throw from Valley Park... It's amazing what a 1/4 mile do to property values !!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
I own property in North Sherwood area and if you combine everything I own outright the properties are worth $750,000.
Now the rental income I bring in is pure profit except for a little bit which I put away for repairs.
Live onsite and manage my places to not only keep them up, but keep Tras hey's out.
I also have my parents in a unit next to me and being that my father and mother have alot of friends who rent from us it is hard to sell out. Plus like yesterday dad had heart problems when I wasn't home his friend who rents from us took him to the hospital.
Any duplex area which is not as bad, condo area in Baton Rouge, or Apartment area is bad after Katrina. Section 8 destroyed this city.

Baton Rouge got to have thick skin and growing up in North Baton Rouge seeing how it was white and when first black family moved in it went down quick I learned at an early age to have thick skin.

Look at Jefferson hwy in 1990's it was good now its slid down the toilet. Newer homes by Springlake off Bluebonnet they are down road from Gardere and smell from sewage treatment plant. Oneal use to be nice then Milton Womack built St Jean Apartments in late 1990 or early 2000's. That place is as bad as area right by Belaire or little Vietnam. Even Vietnamese moved into Sherwood Forest and Broadmore to escape the section 8 people. By LSU you got South Baton Rouge which is colorful. Then you got fairfields blocks from Capital Heights where all young families or single people want to live. My old neighborhood was where whites went when judge Parker started desegregation due to it was outside the city limits. Stupid part is before that Baton Rouge schools were better than Livingston Parish and Ascension Parish Schools. Thanks NAACP and Judge Parker for white flight. The kool-aid drinkers will sooner or later move outside parish to nicer areas to destroy them once apartment complexes need to fill empty units with section 8 people. Now my friends dad has the grade koOL-Aid drinkers in his house looking for a smanwich and Koolz-Aid.

If you live in Baton Rouge unless you live in the Country Club of Louisiana you cannot escape the KoOL-Aidz drinkers. They are coming to destroy a nice neighborhood near you.
You can tell if they are coming when see your Wal-mart not being able to keep up with stocking grape Kool-aid packs and orange drinkz.
why does every thread turn into a CCA bashing thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Not saying I don't believe you guys, but I could say the same thing about LC. I'm only 24, and I can say I've watched ggood areas and schools go bad in LC. Its unfortunate, but it happens. Yeah, I haven't been in the area long, but I like Prairieville. Yeah, traffic might suck, neighborhoods may suck, but I made the move for the job. For a chance to advance myself so that me and my wife can have the lives we want. In a few years, I'll be able to ggo where ever I want thanks to this job. Couldn't say that about where I was in LC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

grew up in baton rouge, if you want some help on finding some good fishing areas that are close, send me a pm, I'll show you around. and if you need any help in general getting to know the area I can help you with that too.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Not saying I don't believe you guys, but I could say the same thing about LC. I'm only 24, and I can say I've watched ggood areas and schools go bad in LC. Its unfortunate, but it happens. Yeah, I haven't been in the area long, but I like Prairieville. Yeah, traffic might suck, neighborhoods may suck, but I made the move for the job. For a chance to advance myself so that me and my wife can have the lives we want. In a few years, I'll be able to ggo where ever I want thanks to this job. Couldn't say that about where I was in LC.

Just brush the negativity off man. Some people just love to hate. Congrats on the new job oppurtnity and the chance to advance yourself and family in life.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Just brush the negativity off man. Some people just love to hate. Congrats on the new job oppurtnity and the chance to advance yourself and family in life.
Well said there are crap holes in every town, moving outside of BR offers some of the best areas in the state to live and have a family. Good luck Smalls
Old 08-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

I've lived in Br for the past 10 years , I feel it's a great city and there is a lot of opportunity here. As far as restaurants not being good???? Those dudes are smoking crack ! There are a ton of good restaurants ( maybe just not in NORTH BR) . I live in the "south side" of Br around Perkins , great area around restaurants , shopping, interstate access ect
Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Swordfish

Some good places to eat up in the hood too. Just a different style of food and a different type of clientele.