SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Didn't mean it is not worth the price of a lease. Some things, like hunting with the family, is priceless. There just my be a time when it comes out better/cheaper for some people.

Even looking at the app 2700 you pay, at $200 a hunt for an individual you can have 19 hunts. If you hunt every weekend, it would almost be a wash price wise.
I thought I was going to have to do the guide route this year. However, I rather have my own spot, that way my son and I can hunt whenever we want. Seems you can still get on a good deer lease for decent money but duck leases are getting crazy expensive.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
I thought I was going to have to do the guide route this year. However, I rather have my own spot, that way my son and I can hunt whenever we want. Seems you can still get on a good deer lease for decent money but duck leases are getting crazy expensive.
You are right on the deer leases, but they are climbing in price also.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 1,171

Where is your lease at in pine island? What is the farmers name.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrich74 View Post
Where is your lease at in pine island? What is the farmers name.
No disrespect but I'd rather not give out the farmer or exact place. It is irrelevant to my post. I dot want someone to confuse my post with me being upset with the farmer. I just want to make clear that I'm not upset with the farmer. He has every right to go for more money although I hope he doesn't. This post was just to vent on how big business flash money to the land owners and take hunting spots from regular people who enjoy hunting. And if he does go for that option there would be no hard feelings towards the farmer...he has a family to feed like everyone else here. I'm just hoping that he decides to stay with us regular guys for a little less money because he is a regular guy just like all of us.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Thank goodness fishn hasn't got to this point,But who who knows what the future hold's for that.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Those rice field blinds became a rope-a-dope years ago.........the hunting down river in Venice is harder, but worth it when you put it all down.

I find that every VP of Mukity-Muck Inc. has gone out and bought a Benelli and thinks he is a duck hunter.........wants to walk to his blind, sky blast and talk about how great his day was..........that attitude towards what we love has driven the price out the roof.

Look, I entertain quite a bit as well, but my PERSONAL hunting has moved back to push poling and small sizing.

I do have a few customers that appreciate that and are hard hunters and will make the hunts with us........but then I have those that show up with stickers on thier guns and have no earthly idea how to hunt. Those are the guys where the "show" is important, and why all those rice field blinds get gobbled up......We moved up to timber brakes in Tensas just for these guys.......and now I let the saleman take them and pull "executive" privilege and just take the real hunters.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
You are right on the deer leases, but they are climbing in price also.
Alot of the piney woods leases around Beauregard parish are getting up around $700-800 now and your lucky to see a deer jump the road, much less from a stand. And the timber companies wonder why they can't get all thier money come hunting season.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Those rice field blinds became a rope-a-dope years ago.........the hunting down river in Venice is harder, but worth it when you put it all down.

I find that every VP of Mukity-Muck Inc. has gone out and bought a Benelli and thinks he is a duck hunter.........wants to walk to his blind, sky blast and talk about how great his day was..........that attitude towards what we love has driven the price out the roof.

Look, I entertain quite a bit as well, but my PERSONAL hunting has moved back to push poling and small sizing.

I do have a few customers that appreciate that and are hard hunters and will make the hunts with us........but then I have those that show up with stickers on thier guns and have no earthly idea how to hunt. Those are the guys where the "show" is important, and why all those rice field blinds get gobbled up......We moved up to timber brakes in Tensas just for these guys.......and now I let the saleman take them and pull "executive" privilege and just take the real hunters.
Amen brotha
Old 10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

This sounds like an occupy Wall Street forum. I hate capitalism and the 1%!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsufish View Post
This sounds like an occupy Wall Street forum. I hate capitalism and the 1%!!!
I thought the same thing but wasn't going there

Occupy Rice Farms
Old 10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

Haha yeah, I had to double check my browser and make sure I was on the salty, not MSNBC by mistake.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Redfish

Cash: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndamendment View Post
Does that "new" farmer accept your tax money from the federal government for being a farmer? Might be putting it to you twice.
You have no clue what you are even talking about
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 554

Tis why i stick to huntin reserves.... Pay for my WMA an the as to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Flounder

Cash: 661

Same thing happen to my father in-law. He was on a lease for ten years. The old man who owned the place never went up on them. I think they were paying $700 a year. The old man turned the place over to his son. His son kicked every person off the lease the next year. Some company came in a leased the whole place for upper managment. The only guy who got to stay on was the lease manager. The son actually hired him to set up the blinds and take these big wigs to and from their blinds.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Redfish

Cash: 639

That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Money talks. In saying that, there are plenty of ducks on public land. Just have put on your big boy pants.