SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Tech Support Forum

Tech Support Forum Use this forum to discuss and find answers for any technical (computer) issues you are having

Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
well that makes no sense, does that mean that apple makes different phones for different networks, that would be silly, why can it be done on att and not verizon
Yep, screen for AT&T won't fit Verizon.

The surfing and talking is my only complaint, I thought it was a silly need until I needed maps while talking and driving, then it's even worse when using it as a hotspot on your PC and you lose your net during a phone call... Not surfing during long, boring conference calls either!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

different stroke for different folks I guess.. I switched from android to iphone, and I much rather my Iphone. My wife has the 5 and i have the 4s, 5 is faster and it may have a better display. Its hard to tell because I keep my display brightness around 40%
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
well that makes no sense, does that mean that apple makes different phones for different networks, that would be silly, why can it be done on att and not verizon
Because AT&T had a deal with Apple first. So when Verizon wanted the iPhone, AT&T agreed to let them have it but AT&T's version had to be better
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Quote:
Verizon and AT&T use different network technologies. Verizon's network is capable of talk and surf at the same time on 3G and 4G, but it requires extra stuff in the phone. From what I understand if Apple would have put the extra antenna in for Verizon the phone would have had to be thicker. That's why you see AT&T commercials talking about their iPhone talking and surfing at the same time. If you really want to switch to Verizon and talking and surfing at the same time there are other phones that can do that, like the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2. I believe all the HTC phones can do it too. I'm not sure about the Motorola phones.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default done

well thanks for every one's input, decision was made and decision was changed, finally chose the galaxy s 3 on verizon, only been 12hours so far, but i think i am liking it, not much of a change from apple app store to the android market, but we will see what the next two years hold
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

Hope you like it.It should do pretty good for you, it's a solid phone.