SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else) > Events Forum

Events Forum Post your upcoming events here

Old 07-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,050

didnt enter store left in truck
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Those bed covers that don't look cool or country... I leave all my expensive stuff in my truck all the time, it's always there when I get out of the store. Never have to unload or think twice.

Gotta haul a 4 wheeler? Buy a trailer, it's about the same price as a yeti and all the rods and reels that get stolen.

Plus, I use less ice because my chest is always in the shade.

If I haul furniture or appliances I just leave it up and bungee the top to my receiver. Best thing I ever owned that I swore I would never have.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,322

All fine and dandy, just pizzes me off that you have to go to that extent to protect your stuff.

Not that long ago, you could leave everything in the boat and not have to worry about it.

Society on the decline.

I really feel sorry for my grandkids and what it looks like they will have to deal with as they get older.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
All fine and dandy, just pizzes me off that you have to go to that extent to protect your stuff.

Not that long ago, you could leave everything in the boat and not have to worry about it.

Society on the decline.

I really feel sorry for my grandkids and what it looks like they will have to deal with as they get older.
Where? I don't think there has ever been such a thing as a populated city that was immune from thievery. Small towns and communities don't suffer because everyone knows everyone, but moving to a bigger city changes this. Or when a city grows very large.

Thieves in populated areas have existed since the beginning of man... It's always been that way, just a true as sleeping on the ground in Africa can get you eaten.

Why build a shop? To protect things from elements (or thieves). Why put gas in your boat? To prevent it from dying. Why wear shoes? To prevent your feet from getting messed up. Why out a roof on a house? Shingles? Drainage? These are all things we do to prevent things that we KNOW will happen!

How come locking valuables up is something we shouldn't have to worry about when every thing else in our life has some sort of preventative action associated with it????

Ask any old person you come across 70 yrs and up if they have ever had something stolen from them back in the day...... I've done it, and it's always been around!