SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 893
Default V Bay 11/21

Fished the cove by myself this morning. Water was much better than yesterday, nice green with good vis. Wind was blowing pretty good out the east, but fog burned off by 8:00 and sun was out. Caught nothing for the first 45 minutes, but started catching around 7:15 and the bite was pretty steady all morning on live shrimp on the bottom. Finished off my limit by 11:15, caught my last 2 on plastics after I ran out of skrimps. Great morning catching fish, perfect temperature, sun shining and listening to Walton and Johnson. You shoulda been there!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Making me jealous with all of these trips. School sucks!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,322

Good job!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 826

Where can you purchase live shrimp in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 571
Default You suck!!!

D-Bag
Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan42 View Post
D-Bag
You're just jealous cause you have to work sucker.

Do you want me to send you that pic of my icechest again?

Last edited by Afishionado; 11-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by selout View Post
Where can you purchase live shrimp in that area?

Right before the public launch by the state park on the right, they reopened the store a couple months ago. Dockside is the name. Not open on Monday and Tuesday.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 659

Is that white boat that you were in on Wednesday your boat? Just trying to square up my pot licking strategy.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 571

Yeah I know....
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

At the cove, how do you fish on the bottom? Slow retrieve with just jighead, or bullet weight a foot off, etc. I never had much luck at cove. But at hammock etc, great. just curious.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Is that white boat that you were in on Wednesday your boat? Just trying to square up my pot licking strategy.
It's a 21 ft. Polar Kraft with no manufacturer stickers and a Johnson. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. Give me a shoutout if you see me.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by revspiggles View Post
At the cove, how do you fish on the bottom? Slow retrieve with just jighead, or bullet weight a foot off, etc. I never had much luck at cove. But at hammock etc, great. just curious.
I use a 3-way swivel. Tie off main line to top swivel and about a 2 ft. leader on bottom swivel and put a weight on the bottom of it. I actually just use 2 split shots on the bottom. If it gets hung up bad on the oyster shells, they will pull off before breaking your line, and you can add or subtract weights according to the current. Tie off about an 8-12 inch leader to the side swivel and put your hook on it. I used a small treble hook last couple trips and find that I hooked and kept more fish on.

As far as how to fish it. If the current is pretty strong like it was last couple of trips, after you cast out, let it sink to the bottom and reel in the slack and just tightline it. You'll feel your weight bouncing along the bottom as the current pulls it. Just make sure you keep a tight line and you'll feel the bite. I actually caught 24 of the 26 fish the other day on the same treble hook and only lost 2 split shot fishing over an oyster reef. This setup works great, keeps your bait suspended off the bottom and rarely gets hung up. I find this setup is much better than a Carolina rig. You can buy the 3-way swivels at Academy.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishionado View Post
I use a 3-way swivel. Tie off main line to top swivel and about a 2 ft. leader on bottom swivel and put a weight on the bottom of it. I actually just use 2 split shots on the bottom. If it gets hung up bad on the oyster shells, they will pull off before breaking your line, and you can add or subtract weights according to the current. Tie off about an 8-12 inch leader to the side swivel and put your hook on it. I used a small treble hook last couple trips and find that I hooked and kept more fish on.

As far as how to fish it. If the current is pretty strong like it was last couple of trips, after you cast out, let it sink to the bottom and reel in the slack and just tightline it. You'll feel your weight bouncing along the bottom as the current pulls it. Just make sure you keep a tight line and you'll feel the bite. I actually caught 24 of the 26 fish the other day on the same treble hook and only lost 2 split shot fishing over an oyster reef. This setup works great, keeps your bait suspended off the bottom and rarely gets hung up. I find this setup is much better than a Carolina rig. You can buy the 3-way swivels at Academy.
Solid post right there. We only caught 3 on a standard carolina rig on Wednesday.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by revspiggles View Post
The trout seem to go up go up and down in feeding depth. If you catch a few on a cork 2-3' and it shuts down then go drop shot rig and see. I rig up for both and try to find a pattern but usually they go down after sun comes up then when it starts warming up they'll come back towards the surface. If there is a lot of ppl around trolling fast I just take a cork rigged to be able to change depth quickly and set it deeper like 4' and have someone throwing a drop rig also. Or just slide one in the rod holder and watch it. I found the key is to be patient bc the patrol the reefs in the cove. Only found them stacked up on twice on perfect conditions.

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 11-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
The trout seem to go up go up and down in feeding depth. If you catch a few on a cork 2-3' and it shuts down then go drop shot rig and see. I rig up for both and try to find a pattern but usually they go down after sun comes up then when it starts warming up they'll come back towards the surface. If there is a lot of ppl around trolling fast I just take a cork rigged to be able to change depth quickly and set it deeper like 4' and have someone throwing a drop rig also. Or just slide one in the rod holder and watch it. I found the key is to be patient bc the patrol the reefs in the cove. Only found them stacked up on twice on perfect conditions.

I'm pretty sure you never tied a drop shot on a day in your life.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Sailfish

Pfffft... U don't know me no more son!!! They call me drop shot son!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

That's not what I hear em call u... Although I have heard douchebag, spoonbill, resident dumbass know it all etc...but never mr drop shot
Old 11-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Sailfish

Seems to me that someone took a lil too much winstrawl this am.... I would say put that in your pipe and smoke it but seems like you do a good job smoking mine.... Thanks for the kind words, it's a compliment from someone of your stature!

Old 11-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Seems to me that someone took a lil too much winstrawl this am....

Lol

Glad you roll with the punches and keep your signature, it's unfortunate that hacking at advice to another fisherman trying to learn has ran members off that post useful information. That's the whole point of the this forum, and hopefully it can keep that structure.

I like the increased participation and information coming from the growing VBay crowd on this site. If you trend the content, it's obvious that the bay portion of the site is nearly free of ego. Would like to see less of it from the Big Lake crowd, but if it's a master plan to keep people like us away from their side of the state then keep up the good work - us here in the middle will gladly accept the like minded fisherman that may have been pushed east on our waters, and not complain about the more arrogant types gravitating toward the west.

Come on over, the more we can help people be successful, the more young'ens we will have in the pool growing up in the right environment.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Seems to me that someone took a lil too much winstrawl this am.... I would say put that in your pipe and smoke it but seems like you do a good job smoking mine.... Thanks for the kind words, it's a compliment from someone of your stature!

Ha ha